NH-IV/GS-14 Pilot and NH-III Chief Engineer - Holloman, AFB
The 586FLTS is hiring at Holloman, AFB, New Mexico. We currently have openings for a NH-IV/GS-14 Pilot and NH-III Chief Engineer.
The 586FLTS operates modified T-38C and C-12F/J flying testbeds. The 586FLTS rapidly executes small test programs for all DOD branches and many government agencies. In the past year we have accomplished the first airborne link up with SpaceX’s Starlink constellation, chased the first flight of the XQ-58A UAV, dropped multiple stores from our C-12s, executed two test management programs for USAF TPS, provided T-38 target support on both coasts, and much more.
The pilot position will fly the T-38A/C and the C-12F/J executing test and test support missions out of Holloman AFB. The civilian pilot position provides continuity within the squadron and will be qualified in all squadron missions. Specifically, T-38 and C-12 chase/low level/LASDT/FCF and T-38 intercept/BFM/ACBT/weapons delivery. For this reason, fighter experience and fast jet IP experience is required. Test experience is desired, as is a TPS and/or WIC graduate. The position must be able to hold a TS/SCI.
The 586FLTS chief engineer is a flying position and will perform FTE duties on all squadron aircraft. The position is in charge of aircraft modifications and test program management. The chief engineer is responsible for overseeing the test modifications to the squadron’s four T-38 and two C-12 aircraft. The ideal candidate would have an aeronautical engineering or EE background, and experience with aircraft modifications and airworthiness determination. They should be capable of leading a small test team and simultaneously managing multiple programs. The position must be able to hold a TS/SCI.
Flight Test Safety Officer (Part time positions available) - Mitsubishi Aircraft Corp.
Flight Test Safety Officer (Part time positions available)
Mitsubishi Aircraft Corporation (MITAC) is currently developing the MRJ-90 aircraft at the Moses Lake Flight Test Center in Washington State. This is a first of type activity for the company. The undertaking of such a task brings with it significant challenges, such as ensuring an effective and well-constructed Safety Management System (SMS) is established to support flight test operations. The program is now at the position where the safety team requires expansion and additional skills sets to ensure the ongoing safe conduct of testing and support activities. Your role in the organization has you directly reporting to upper management positions to ensure a clear path of communications. As this is a flight test focused role you;
- Have generated and approved multiple flight test risk or hazard assessments in a wide cross section of flight test tasks.
- Have been involved in the development of a wide range of flight test plans and the application of risk mitigations for these activities.
- Have a strong understanding of aircraft systems and the processes and support elements required to complete certification testing.
- Possess a wide exposure to Safety Management Systems, focused on the aviation environment, and specifically flight test.
- Have previously demonstrated the ability to lead teams through challenging safety related situations.
- Can generate clear and concise documentation to be used within the Safety Management System.
- Have enough experience to train team members on SMS documentation in order to grow the safety culture within the program.
- Can communicate clearly and articulate without ambiguity in written and verbal forms.
- Are an experienced communicator who can manage messages up the reporting chain as well as down into working level teams.
- Have the ability to identify areas of improvement in safety processes and can develop plans to enact the changes.
- Will be able to lead the team to effective root cause analyses of events and incidents that may occur during ground or flight operations.
- Have experience in the co-ordination of program level activities to ensure ongoing education and standardization of safety practices.
- Can effectively chair a Safety Review Board
Knowledge & Skills
- Expert knowledge in the technical field of aviation safety and accident prevention and experience in use of DOD, FAA, NTSB, or lCAO documentation is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Very detail oriented and able to work independently or in groups.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain calm and be the voice of reason in stressful situations.
- Ability to be persistent in the face of difficult problems or challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language are critical with the ability to pay close attention to details.
- Able to change directions with the needs of the work environment and take-on additional responsibilities based on operational needs.
Experience & Education
- BS/BEng degree from an accredited College or University in an aviation/engineering related field or equivalent related work experience. Post graduate Safety System Training would be an advantage.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience as an Aviation Safety Officer/Manager.
- Experience dealing with safety and environmental laws, rules, and regulations is required.
- Extensive experience in risk management and mitigation.
- Experience in working with multi-cultural environment is desired
- Graduation from a recognized Flight Test School is highly desired
Senior Test and Evaluation Engineer - Cruz Associates Inc.
Senior Test and Evaluation Engineer
Cruz Associates Inc. (www.cruzinc.us) of Yorktown, VA has an open position for a Senior Test and Evaluation Engineer. The job location is at Fort Campbell, KY in support of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR). Interested candidates can apply at the following link: Senior Test and Evaluation Engineer, by completing the application and uploading their resume.
Scope of Performance: Provide engineering support to SIMO’s primary areas of emphasis including A/MH-6, MH- 47, MH-60, MQ-1, Avionics, Sensors, ASE, and Weapon programs.
- Develop test plans, coordinate test activities to include test range scheduling and planning, data collection and processing.
- Apply and administrate the requirements of AR 70-62 as they apply to Army Special Operations Aircraft.
- Participate as a member of Technical Interface Meetings (TIM), Program Reviews, Test Integration Working Groups (TIWG), and System Safety Working Groups (SSWG).
- Participate in aerial flight in a Flight Test Engineering capacity.
- Work closely with engineering counterparts, to include, but not limited to the Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED), and Technology Application Program Office (TAPO).
- Perform routine clerical, administrative, and logistics tasks as required in support of the SIMO.
Education and Experience-Required:
- Possesses a Secret or Interim Secret security clearance.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in military/commercial aviation.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with planning and conducting flight tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field.
- At least 3 years’ exposure to the Defense Acquisition process.
Flight and Ground Test Photographer - KBR
Flight and Ground Test Photographer
Joining KBR you will be a part of the world’s largest independent flight test organization supporting both US Government and commercial agencies and you will be joining a highly talented and experienced KBR aircrew services team that has provided over 40 continuous years of aircrew support for NAVAIR Test Squadrons. As a long term incumbent and leader in test aircrew support, the selected applicant will work within a test squadron environment composed of government, military, contractor and industry personnel while supporting flight test. Highly qualified candidates may be eligible for a sign-on bonus and relocation.
ABOUT THIS POSITION: This position supports tasking at the Naval Test Wing Atlantic at Patuxent River, MD. Candidate will be responsible for researching, preparing, producing, and archiving flight and ground photographic, video, and graphic support to meet the needs of the test programs being conducted at Test Wing Atlantic squadrons. Individual will document flight tests and ground tests, in all settings, including runway, ramp, hangar and air-to-air from a multiple military aircraft platforms. In addition, the individual needs to have good communication skills, provide comprehensive customer service, and work effectively with team members and customers.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, concentration in photography desired. Candidate must have experience with professional DSLR camera (Nikon or Canon) and video camera formats (XD-Cam HD and HDV) documentation and in-depth knowledge of camera applications, and use of audio, and lighting. Advanced photo editing skills with Adobe CC applications including Photoshop, Bridge, Premiere Pro, and Illustrator required. Must be able to coordinate schedule and prioritize progress of projects including producing high-quality images and video. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Power Point) is required. Applicant must be able to communicate test plan requirements and provide input to determine the appropriate equipment and methods required to support flight test documentation. Need to have strong people skills, be a self-starter, able to work well together in a small team and interface with a variety of customers. Must possess a FAA Class III medical certificate. Individual must be able to pass the physical and training qualification requirements to provide contract aircrew support, including completion of survival and aviation physiology training. Secret clearance will be required.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Five (5) years experience in flight/ground test photography support desired. Experience in logistical and project planning for flight/ground test photographic support. Flight experience is highly desired as well as previous work in the military, aerospace, and aviation industries.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Job Opportunities (3) - The Spaceship Company
The Spaceship Company (TSC) is an affiliate of Virgin Galactic as a space-system manufacturing organization. Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave, California, it is building and testing a fleet of WhiteKnightTwo carrier aircraft and SpaceShipTwo reusable spaceships that, together, form Virgin Galactic’s human spaceflight system. TSC is looking to hire the following flight test positions:
An experienced Deputy Director of Flight Test with a minimum of 7 years demonstrated experience in flight test supporting principles and processes in an aircraft and spacecraft development, testing, and customer delivery environment. For more information see https://careers-thespaceshipcompany.icims.com/jobs/ and enter 5668 in the search window.
An experienced Chief of Flight Test Safety to lead implementation and maintenance of a Safety Management System (SMS) for ground and flight test operations. Leveraging your extensive experience you will guide and monitor our team through all stages of test operations from test definition, planning, execution and follow up. You will possess the ability to see the big picture and understand how implementing and maintaining a robust, fit for purpose SMS for test operations plays into the ultimate goals of TSC. For more information see https://careers-thespaceshipcompany.icims.com/jobs/ and enter 5669 in the search window.
An Operations Engineer (Ops Eng) who will serve to bridge the gap between flight test requirements and the engineering and maintenance team by functioning as co-lead of project teams in concert with the Project Manager and Project Chief Engineer. As a co-lead, Aircraft Operations Engineers routinely assess safety of flight and mission success risks due to aircraft modifications through collaboration with discipline leads and subject-matter-experts such as egress and life support technicians, test pilots, mechanics and avionics technicians, electronics technicians, peer engineers, scientists, and other organizational entities on a routine basis. For more information see https://careers-thespaceshipcompany.icims.com/jobs/ and enter 5670 in the search window.