NOAA Corps Interservice Transfer Announcement
NOAA Corps Interservice Transfer Announcement
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Corps is conducting an Interservice Transfer Board for pilots currently serving on active duty in a United States uniformed service. The missions include Hurricane Reconnaissance, Snow survey, marine mammal population surveys, coastal mapping and many other jobs in support of the U.S. Department of Commerce. Flight test experience in manned and unmanned systems is not required but highly desired. Placement in a particular aircraft T/M/S will not be determined until the applicant has been selected and assigned to NOAA's Aircraft Operations Center.
Procedures for performing an inter-service transfer (IST) to or from the NOAA Corps are prescribed by Title 10, Section 716 of U.S. Code, and Department of Defense (DOD) Directive 1300.4.
In addition to the basic eligibility requirements for appointment in the NOAA Corps, inter-service transfer applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The losing service must approve the transfer
- Rank within the losing service must be no higher than O-4 at the time of transfer
- Total creditable service time must be less than 12 years at the time of transfer
Requests for inter-service transfer to the NOAA Corps are evaluated individually. The decision to accept or deny an IST request is based on the immediate needs of the NOAA Corps and the rank, skills, and experience of the applicant. IST applicants may be considered for direct placement in the NOAA Corps if their area of expertise would meet an urgent operational need for one of NOAA's aircraft platforms. The board is expected to meet around March/ April 2021.
VISTA, Learjet Test Pilot & Senior Program Manager, Calspan (EAFB)
Senior Program Manager, Flight Operations (EAFB)
Job Locations US-CA-Edwards AFB
Job ID 2020-1402
This is your opportunity to be a part of history. We’re looking for an experience Sr. Program Manager to join our team to support the USAF Test Pilot School (USAF TPS) at Edwards Air Force Base in California. The USAF TPS is where the Air Force’s top pilots, navigators, and engineers are trained to conduct flight tests and generate the data needed to carry out test missions of America’s current and future military aircraft and airborne systems. Calspan has had a full-time staff at Edwards Air Force base since 2000 and operates the Variable stability In-flight Simulator Test Aircraft (VISTA) NF-16 aircraft and variable stability Learjets for the Test Pilot School.
VISTA, Learjet Test Pilot - EAFB
Job Locations US-CA-Edwards AFB
Job ID 2020-1403
Calspan, a technology company with a strong heritage in aerospace and transportation research and development, is looking for a Flight Test Instructor Pilot to provide support for USAF TPS curriculum requirements. The Test Pilot will fly the USAF TPS Variable Stability In-Flight Simulator Test Aircraft (VISTA) and standard F-16C/D aircraft and specially modified Calspan Learjet aircraft to provide airborne instruction to TPS students and staff. The Test Pilot will also provide classroom instruction as required.
Senior Program Manager, Flight Operations - Calspan
Job Locations US-NY-Niagara Falls
Flight operations at Calspan consist of a large portfolio of engineering, flight, and research activities. Headquartered in Niagara Falls, New York, Calspan’s Flight Research center is home to a fleet of aircraft that include Learjets, Gulfstream III, and a Premier. These aircraft are used for variable stability programs, flight equipment testing, and a variety of other projects for private and government organizations. We are proud of our 70+ year history of flight controls, flying qualities, and engineering research, and our continued commitment to our customers.
The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for managing all activities associated with a program including driving internal execution, delivering on time, managing/controlling program cost/budget, interfacing with customers and subcontractors, supporting proposals with estimated costs and schedules.
Due to security requirements, this position requires US Citizenship
- Lead program teams to achieve key program objectives (financial performance, on time delivery, technical performance, configuration management and customer satisfaction), while managing risks and opportunity. Monitor and control project progress to ensure timely resolution of project issues, scope management and delivery within the contractual period of performance.
- Successfully manage program budget to ensure profitability is achieved or exceeded. Ensure milestone payments are invoiced on time. Report financial and technical status to management team as required.
- Drive cross-functional teams to ensure overall project coordination. Serve as the communication focal point for external customers, internal teams, Flight management, suppliers and subcontractors for each assigned project. Verify that all contractual deliverables are understood, coordinated and delivered on time.
- Establish a project plan for fulfillment of customer requirements, resource management, cost, and project risk using the customer PO, contract and company proposal.
- Understand and clarify contract requirements, negotiate changes, achieve contractual acceptance / completion.
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Bachelors in Engineering, or related technical discipline;
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years of Program Management experience or related discipline or;
- a combination of education and experience equivalent to above
Preferred Knowledge / Ability:
- Managed development Aerospace or Defense Industry programs
- PMP Certification
- Experience leading engineering, program management, or other technical teams
- Experience in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Exceptional financial acumen and technical understanding
- Must be organized and meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to develop quick rapport with current and prospective clients
- Motivated self- starter with the ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to quickly adapt and change priorities while professionally managing interruptions
- Strong attention to detail
- Program Management with direct customer interface experience and skilled at conflict resolution and program execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a US Citizen
Fixed Wing Chief Flight Test Instructor - ETPS
Specific responsibilities for which the post holder has a requirement to deliver:
• Leading the FW staff in course delivery for all ETPS FW course training
• The training, supervision and standardisation of FW Flight Test Instructors (FTIs) as appropriate to their appointment
• Driving the right Safety Culture within the FW Team and contributing to the wider Safety Culture.
• Compilation of the FW Annual Training Plan and Course Tracker, detailing aircraft and instructor allocation to each module and sequence of events
• Working in conjunction with other QCFO departments to de-conflict planned events such as maintenance and flight trials
• Maintaining a record of validity of FW staff and student licenses and ratings
• Delivery of training to students in accordance with the syllabus requirements
• Monitoring of FW student progress and production of course reports
• Assessing and grading FW ETPS student flying and reporting standards and providing constructive debriefing and feedback
• Mentoring FW ETPS students and staff thereby enhancing flight safety and accelerating learning
• Annual review of the ATOM, highlighting any non-compliances, errors or requests for change to the HoT
• Work with QCFO management to allocate FW aircrew for other QCFO and QinetiQ Flight Test Organisation (QFTO) tasks
Knowledge, Skills required:
• Holds a valid and appropriate license and FTI rating, operating within the privileges of that license.
• Extensive knowledge of flight test and the evaluation of air platforms and systems
• Proven leadership and flying supervision experience in a flight test environment
• Extensive experience in flight test instruction
• Successful track record in the application of technical assurance and flight test governance
• Providing exemplary leadership to the ETPS FW staff and students
• Delivering world class flight test tuition
• Modernising the ETPS course syllabus and driving continuous improvement
• Teaching all aspects of FW flight test theory and practical techniques to experienced multi-national aircrew.
• Clarifying subject material that is inherently complex so that students of all nationalities can understand and then apply the associated principles.
• Maintaining a safe course environment, working closely with our military colleagues, while challenging students to produce high levels of performance
• Playing a leading role in the continuing high standards of aviation safety inherent in ETPS flying operations
• Distribution of FW aircrew resources to meet the level of tasking in ETPS, QCFO and QFTO
• To ETPS ATO Head of Training for course standards, syllabus content and course delivery.
• To QCFO Head of Flight Operations for other FW flight crew tasking
Personal and Behavioural requirements:
• Proven leadership skills
• Drive and determination
• A professional, proactive and energetic attitude towards course students and our customers
• Well organised, patient and the ability to work calmly under pressure
• An effective team member, focussed on team needs and able to demonstrate empathy with others
• Unquestionable approach to flight safety and adoption of the QCFO Safety Culture
Essential qualifications and competencies:
• Civilian Commercial Pilot’s Licence (CPL) & Instrument Rating (IR) & Class One Medical
• Graduate Test Pilot from one of the ‘Big 4’ TP Schools (ETPS, EPNER, USAFTPS or USNTPS)
• Knowledge of ETPS operation and delivery model
• Ability to maintain aircraft and instrument ratings as required
• Ability to teach flight test subject matter in a classroom and airborne environment
• Ability to review and debrief students’ work in a sensitive, effective and constructive manner.
• Extensive experience of flight test
Desirable qualifications and competencies:
• Instructional experience, preferably in flight test
• Civilian FI, and/or other relevant ratings as required.
• Qualified Flying Instructor
• Knowledge and experience of Defence Systems Approach to training.
• Knowledge and experience of EASA flight test and trg requirements
• Knowledge and experience of Learning Management Systems
• A recognised engineering or science based degree
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructors - ITPS (Canada)
ITPS (Canada) is looking to add Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructors to their world-class Instructor’s team. ITPS offers a range of training courses for Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers with an established track record providing flight test training to air forces and industry globally.
Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Test Pilot School, long course, with minimum five years flight testing experience or
- Member of the Society of Experimental Test Pilots with minimum 10 years industry flight test experience. (EASA bridging training and FTI training will be provided).
- EASA pilot license at ATPL or CPL/IR level with FT Rating Category 1 and FTI Rating or
- ICAO ATP or CPL/ME/IR license and TP qualification. (EASA bridging training and FTI training will be provided).
- Previous experience as FI, TRI, or FTI is an asset.
- Must be willing to travel up 20% of the time.
ITPS provides a competitive compensation package that includes a full benefit plan and more. ITPS provides an exciting and stable working environment with an international team of experts. ITPS instructors participate in in house development flight test projects as well as flight test projects abroad from time to time.
In-house training programs also provide opportunities to gain new qualifications and grow in the role. Team members are challenged to actively contribute to continuously improve and innovate in our exciting and growing organization.
Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor - NTPS
Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor
National Test Pilot School
Come and join the World’s Test Pilot School and be part of our innovative team! The National Test Pilot School (NTPS) is the World’s Premiere Total Flight Test Education and Training Organization offering over 30 different flight test courses ranging from our year-long Professional Course to our numerous short courses and Master’s degrees. NTPS is the World’s first and only Test Pilot School accredited as a University, the first test pilot school to be certified as an EASA Authorized Training Organization for Flight Test, the first and only test pilot school curriculum accredited by ABET and is also ISO 9001-2015 certified.
NTPS is looking to hire an outstanding Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor to join our cadre of full-time flight test professionals. You will work as part of a team developing and delivering flight test course material. You will be teaching both academic and airborne instruction all aspects of the Fixed Wing P&FQ and Systems curriculum to both Test Pilot and Flight Test Engineer students. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to work well with people having a wide range of experience and diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students.
Required Education, Training, & Experience Criteria:
- Test Pilot Graduate of a SETP recognized Test Pilot School.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or field closely associated with flight testing.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Fixed Wing Experimental Test Pilot.
- FAA Second Class Medical or higher
- Fluent in English.
Desired Education, Training, & Experience Criteria:
- Ten+ years of flight test experience.
- Previous Test Pilot School instructional experience.
- Master’s Degree in Flight Test Related Field
- Test experience with RADAR, EO/IR, Comm/Nav Systems and Civil Certification.
- FAA Commercial Pilot Airplane (SEL/MEL), CFI/MEI, and Instrument Airplane.
- Type Rating/Authorized Experimental: S-265, AV-L39, MB-326, NH-T38, MiG-21.
- EASA Flight Test Instructor rating.
- NVG and/or Helmet Mounted Display experience.
NTPS offers a competitive salary and benefits plan, stable working hours, and an excellent 401k retirement plan.
Interested parties should provide a cover letter and resume/CV to: