ETPS Test Pilot Instructor – Fixed Wing
ETPS Test Pilot Instructor – Fixed Wing
Job description/Person specification:
Could you be part of the brand-new future of Flight Test Training?
The Empire Test Pilots’ School is recruiting a Fixed Wing Flight Test Instructor to join the School in an exciting period of change, development and growth. ETPS has just acquired a new fleet of G-Registered aircraft to deliver bespoke T&E training in the air and the whole Test Pilot & Flight Test Engineer Course has undergone a significant transformation. To match the cutting-edge technologies introduced in the new aircraft, courseware and ground based learning systems have been completely over-hauled to put ETPS at the fore front of modern training techniques.
ETPS was established over 75 years ago to deliver the best training possible to Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers; that is still our goal today. Our motto ‘Learn to Test, Test to Learn’ is at the heart of our teaching; we aim to teach experienced pilots and aerospace engineers, from around the world, the philosophy and skills required to undertake all forms of test flying, to become qualified Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers. Now accredited as a CAA Approved Training Organisation ETPS delivers EASA compliant T&E Courses to both military and civilian students.
Applicants should be qualified as a Fixed Wing military Test Pilot or hold an EASA Test Pilot rating on their civilian licence. If needed, additional training will be provided to qualify you with an EASA Flight Test Instructor Licence with appropriate civilian Type Ratings for the new fleet of aircraft.
You will join QinetiQ as a civilian employee but will work within a team of military and civilian instructors with experience and knowledge in flight test gained from the real-world testing of current military systems. The role is permanently based at Boscombe Down in Wiltshire and we hope to offer the successful applicant a long-term permanent contract with favourable options for company incentives and attractive pension terms.
If you think you have the skills and dedication to deliver world class training in a new modern environment we would love to hear from you.
Job Reference number is 9925
Senior Test Pilot - Leonardo Helicopters
Closing Date: 29/03/2019
Leonardo Helicopters part of the multi-national Leonardo Group is a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters. We have a great heritage and pride ourselves both on our reputation for excellence and for providing opportunities for our people.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
Click Here for more information and to apply: https://leonardo-career.talent-soft.com/job/job-senior-test-pilot_684.aspx
Here is your chance to become part of the success story:
We are looking for a talented Senior Test Pilot to join our UK team based at our Yeovil site in the South West of England.
As a Senior Test Pilot, your main purpose is to …
Be the support for development, production, training and miscellaneous flying operations, including:
- Flying and ground operations of aircraft in accordance with UK MOD MAA, UK CAA, EASA and foreign national regulations as required.
- Experimental and Development Test Flying requiring significant test pilot advice and input to relevant Company departments, including but not exclusively, Engineering, Design, Avionics and Handling Qualities.
- Production Test Flying.
- Simulator development and assessment (advanced and production).
- Liaison with customers and relevant programme authorities.
- Command and control of off-site trials.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Responsible to the Chief Test Pilot for the safe and efficient conduct of all tasked flying including detached/deployed operations.
- Provide specialist safety input to engineering, design and production organisations.
- Assist with the planning, co-ordination and supervision of flying conducted by the Test Pilots' Department to ensure required tasks/objectives are achieved as efficiently and as safely as possible and in accordance with associated regulation. This includes off-site trials and training operations.
- Work closely with all related Company departments to ensure Company, business requirements are achieved in the most effective manner possible.
- Liaise with the Customer Training Department to ensure a standardised approach to flying operations that includes flying training and related tasks.
- Responsible for building professional working relationships with customers at all levels and from different cultures including, military and civil, domestic and foreign organisations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Company products, aerospace, markets and Department specific requirements through all available media and briefings.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Company processes and procedures.
- Liaise with potential sub-contractors and providers across the product range to retain the highest levels of technical awareness.
- Assist the Chief Test Pilot with the management, in accordance with Company operating procedures, of all tasked activities.
- Ensure that all personal training, qualification and currency requirements are met in accordance with the requirements of regulation and Company process.
- Through pro-active participation across Departmental/ national boundaries, ensure the safe, efficient planning and completion of Flight Test Programmes and tasks.
- Personally ensure the application of all related Company processes and procedures to tasked activities.
- Ensure that the principles of 'lessons learnt' and best practice are applied to all related activities.
- Ensure that all documentation, reporting and data handling are in accordance with Company or regulatory process and procedures.
- As required, assist with the analysis of flight test or accident data.
- Ensure that personal ICT activities are in accordance with current Company procedures.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Military qualified, rotary wing pilot.
- Qualified Experimental Test Pilot (a long course graduate from ETPS, EPNER, USNTPS or USAFTPS).
- Relevant test flying experience post initial qualification.
- Hold a current professional pilot's licence (ATPL(H), CPL(H)),
- Hold both Class I EASA/ UK MAA military equivalent aircrew medical certificate.
- Demonstrate the disposition and personality to cultivate effective professional relationships at all levels within internal and external organisations.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal and team-working skills.
- A recognisable instructor rating (military QHI, civil TRI/TRE) would be highly desirable.
Experimental Test Pilot - Leonardo Company
AgustaWestland Philadelphia Corporation is currently accepting applications for an Experimental Test Pilot. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a health insurance program (medical, dental, prescription, and vision) for employees and dependents. Our benefits program also consists of life insurance, STD, LTD, vacation pay, holiday pay and 401k.
- Safely and efficiently execute experimental flight test, production and pre/post maintenance test flights.
- Performing acceptance/delivery check flights on AWPC/customer owned aircraft.
- Conducting sales flight demonstrations, when required.
- Perform other duties and fulfill other responsibilities as assigned.
- Extensive weekend work, travel along with scheduling flexibility required
- Provide pilot support to the following AWPC Departments: Production (P21), Repair Station (P145), Marketing & Sales, and External Relations. Primary responsibilities shall be to support Experimental Flight Test with secondary responsibilities supporting Production & Maintenance Flight Test along with aircraft ferries, demonstrations and periodic support of the training academy.
- Graduate of a recognized Test Pilot School: (USNTPS, EPNER, EMPIRE TPS, National TPS…)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3000 Total Flt hours
- 1000 Hours twin turbine Helicopter
- 500 Hours twin turbine Airplane (preferred)
- 500 Hours Instrument -simulated or actual
- Maintenance Pilot Experience (FCF or MTP)
The link will take you to the entire job listing page. Please click "View All". This job opening is listed under "Experimental Test Pilot"
To apply, please visit our career page at: https://bit.ly/2MTF4st
Honeywell - Flight Test Engineer
The Req# is HRD38182
Honeywell Aerospace Flight Test team provides superior performance and outstanding efficiency to Fortune 500 and U.S. military customers who require detailed, accurate test data. As the industry leader, Honeywell has flying test beds and data gathering systems in place to functionally test and evaluate all its Aerospace products. The Flight Test team supports propulsion and avionics testing with several Flying Test Bed aircraft.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing flight test missions
- Works closely with project test engineers and Flight Test crews to ensure that specific test objectives are achieved
- Works closely with other engineering elements to disseminate test requirements and instructions needed to meet test objectives
- Ensures that the test aircraft is properly configured for the test mission
- Maintains overall configuration control of the flying test bed
- Participate proactively in the FRR process and ensure that all FRR actions are complete prior to flight
- Prepare the individual flight test cards based on the project test instructions
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- 2 years of experience with Avionics and/or instrumentation system integration and installation
- 2 years’ direct experience using a CAD program
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- AutoCAD experience
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Positive, can-do attitude and ability to be an effective role model
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate teamwork highly desired
- Ability to work in team environment and to lead as needed
- Self-motivated with focus on results and sense of urgency
- Comfortable functioning with minimal supervision in a complex environment
- Flight testing experience
- Prior experience working with the FAA and/or DER / ODA Unit Member delegation
Job Opening - Avian
AVIAN is seeking a Test Pilot/Pilot/Naval Flight Officer/Naval Air Crewman (Or Other Service Equivalent) to perform flight test operations on one or more of the following aircraft and associated systems and subsystems: C/KC-130, E-2/C-2, C-38, H-53, E-6B, P-3, F/A-18, H-60, P-8, T-6, V-22, VH-3, VH-92, or Group 3, 4 and 5 Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
Positions are contingent upon a contract award to AVIAN.
- Successful applicant will have flight test experience as a pilot, NFO, crew chief, flight engineer, in-flight technician, or similar, in one or more of the above-mentioned platforms (or similar).
- Test Pilot candidates require completion of USNTPS, USAF TPS, Empire TPS, or similar.
- Provide log book information (flight hours by platform) in your resume.
Security Clearance or above required.
Below is a list of job opportunities:
All jobs can be viewd on the careers page on our website at https://avian.xyz/careers/index.php
Headquartered in Lexington Park, Maryland, we relish in the process of cracking open a Maryland blue crab and the delicious reward you get with a little hard work. Our team spans from sea to shining sea supporting the Department of Defense, specifically, the Naval Air Systems Command, the Naval Sea Systems Command, the Office of Naval Research, and the Colorado Department of Transportation.
We’re seeking people that are passionate and excited about creating well-crafted products and memorable experiences with our customers. We are not in the market of automated transactions; we build lasting relationships.
~ AVIAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVIAN recruits, hires, trains and promotes individuals and administers personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other category by applicable federal, state or local law. ~
Job Opening - Aurora Flight Sciences, Flight Test Pilot
Flight Test Pilot
# of openings:
Aurora Flight Sciences is seeking both rotary-wing and fixed-wing flight test pilots to support the development of highly advanced autonomous aircraft systems. Aurora is developing the next generation of aircraft, both manned and unmanned, and is looking for outstanding pilots and engineers to lead our test programs.
This job requires a combination of engineering and flight test skills. The candidate will take an active role in the development, test planning, and test execution of cutting-edge new technology and products. This is your opportunity to test, evaluate and influence the aircraft of the future.
Flight test pilots are actively engaged in the full test program for our manned and unmanned experimental aircraft, from development of a Test and Engineering Master Plan (TEMP) to test execution and reporting. Organization, strategic thinking, and planning skills are essential. This is a multi-disciplinary role that interacts with multiple internal and external organizations, so written and verbal communication skills are critical. Specific responsibilities for this position include:
· Support development, operation and demonstration of autonomous aircraft systems.
· Serve as Pilot In Command of experimental / developmental aircraft.
· Lead and/or participate in system design and design reviews (commensurate with background engineering discipline).
· Develop test strategies, test plans and test procedures for the aerospace vehicles and components given systems requirements.
· Lead and/or participate in ground and flight test events as Test Conductor or Test Crew member.
· Collect and analyze test data and compile detailed test reports.
· Graduate of recognized test pilot school (USAF TPS, USNTPS, NTPS, etc) required.
· Minimum 1500 hours flight time required
· For rotary-wing applicants, significant multi-engine, heavy helicopter experience (S-76, H-60, H-53, H-1, etc) required
· For fixed-wing applicants, 1000 hours multi-engine fixed wing flight time desired
· Strong technical foundation and skills in one or more of the following engineering disciplines:
o Mechanical / Structures
· Must have direct experience in the conduct of ground and flight test of aerospace vehicles.
· Must have direct experience developing and/or reviewing test strategies. Test & Evaluation Master Plans (TEMPS); test objective definition, test procedure generation and review, test execution and test reporting.
· Be able to interface routinely with a multi-disciplined team to include military and government customers, team contractors and various subcontractors.
· Be independent and motivated; able to self-direct and manage time
· Be able to travel 20% of time to support CONUS activities
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· BS in physical science or engineering and a minimum of 6 years of professional experience.
· MUST BE A US person (Government contracts, no clearance required)
· Have, or have the ability to obtain, a 2nd class FAA medical certificate
Aurora Flight Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer