Principal Hypersonics Test Operations Engineer - Stratolaunch
Principal Hypersonics Test Operations Engineer
Stratolaunch is developing an air-launch platform to contribute to high-speed research and development. The goal of Stratolaunch is to use the air-launch platform for enabling technologies that may not exist otherwise. Stratolaunch has the potential for creating technology development opportunities for commercial, philanthropic, and governmental organizations to collect rich and actionable data and drive advancements in science, research, and technology.
As the Principal Hypersonics Test Operations Engineer , you will accept a critical role in achieving new milestones in aviation, and enable development of high-speed test vehicles to be air-launched from the Stratolaunch Carrier Aircraft. You will provide effective leadership as the focal point for high-speed vehicle test planning and execution, to include the potential to act as a Test Conductor for the mission control team during test events. You should possess considerable experience in test vehicle configuration control, test planning and resourcing, and conducting disciplined, effective developmental flight test, or similar experience in a technically demanding environment.
As a key member of the Stratolaunch team, you will have an essential role in meeting our ambitious company objectives. You must establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues on a small, agile design-to-flight team. You will be challenged with bringing unique and complex aircraft from initial airworthiness to operational use, at a company that believes in giving our team members the authority and responsibility to succeed.
- Develop and manage test strategy and objectives, test plans, test procedures, and mission cards for ground and flight testing for the high-speed test vehicles
- Coordinate closely with vehicle engineering team to define test and data requirements, and identify system safety or operational concerns
- Coordinate closely with multiple vehicle crew chiefs and ground support personnel to ensure operational priorities are understood and met
- Organize preparation for and lead Test Readiness Review activities as representative for the high-speed test vehicles
- Identify test hazards and develop mitigation actions
- Manage and communicate test-specific vehicle limitations and test readiness review actions
- Lead high-speed vehicle test execution team
- Coordinate on-vehicle priorities and schedules to meet final assembly and test requirements
- Assist with functional system test planning and execution in areas such as avionics, flight control actuation, recovery systems, propulsion integration and propulsion system demonstration activities
- Work with Carrier Aircraft operations team to ensure successful vehicle mating and integrated systems testing is accomplished
- Assist with the coordination of range, airspace and support resources in support of high-speed vehicle flight tests
- Execute integrated vehicle ground test activities and as key member of mission control room team during flight test activities
- Coordinate high-speed vehicle test data analysis and ensure test results are appropriately reviewed, documented, and controlled
- Provide key inputs to and mature the high-speed vehicle Concept of Operations including ground and flight operational procedures, timelines, checklists, and emergency response actions, starting from payload receipt through recovery of multiple vehicles per mission
- Provide key inputs to FAA launch licensing and government test range coordination efforts
- Participate in payload customer meetings, including meetings for payload integration/deintegration planning, integrated vehicle testing and data product delivery
- Facilitate payload hardware and software integration and integrated test on high-speed test vehicle
- Evaluate risks and risk mitigation plans to determine if the risks are appropriate and risk mitigations are adequate
- Travel, as needed, to support design, mission planning, and other tasks for the Program Director
- Demonstrate integrity, accountability and initiative to fulfill commitments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical aerospace leadership or experience, including supervision and training in a technical environment
- Ability to analyze and prioritize tasks on their own initiative, and drive projects to completion, to fit within overall business goals
- Ability to lead a small team, make decisions, communicate requirements, and quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Previous experience with new, experimental, or modified aircraft, launch vehicles or spacecraft, technical and safety review boards, and configuration control methods
- Knowledge of risk management or safety management systems
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work irregular hours and work days, and travel periodically
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or similar technical foundation
- Flight Test Engineer graduate of a recognized test pilot school long course
- Previous experience as a Test Director or Test Conductor for a developmental test program
- Previous experience as a Flight Test Engineer or control room engineer on an active test program
- Experience with launch vehicle or aircraft requirements verification
- Experience with launch vehicle, air-launch, or high-speed flight programs
- Possess or be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Experience with government flight test organizations, ranges, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution and 10 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Required computer skills
- MS Office
- Configuration management tools
- Engineering and test data analysis tools such as IADS and MATLAB
- Travel estimated to be approximately 5%
- This position is located in Mojave, CA
- Applicants must be a US citizen to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law:
Rotary Wing Test Pilot Instructor - National Test Pilot School
Rotary Wing Test Pilot Instructor. National Test Pilot School, Mojave, CA.
Come and join the World’s Test Pilot School! The National Test Pilot School is the World’s Leading Total Flight Test Training and Education Organization and the only accredited test pilot school.
NTPS is looking to hire an outstanding Rotary Wing Test Pilot Instructor to join our cadre of flight test professionals. You will work as part of a team developing and delivering flight test course material. You will be teaching both academic and airborne instruction all aspects of the Rotary Wing P&FQ and Systems curriculum to both test pilot and flight test engineer students. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to work well with people having a wide range of experience and diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students.
Required Education, Training, & Experience Criteria:
- Test Pilot Graduate of a SETP recognized Test Pilot School
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or field closely associated with flight testing
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Rotary Wing experimental test pilot
- Class II FAA medical
- Fluent in English
Desired Education, Training, & Experience Criteria:
- Ten+ years of flight test experience.
- Previous test pilot school instructional experience
- Test experience with Civil Certification, Radar, EO/IR & Comm/Nav systems
- FAA Commercial Pilot License; Rotorcraft (Helicopter) & CFI
- EASA Flight Test Instructor rating
- FAA Commercial Pilot License; Airplane (SEL/MEL) & CFI/MEI
- NVG and/or Helmet Mounted Display experience
NTPS offers a competitive salary, 401k retirement plan, and benefits package. There is occasional travel associated with this position for field trips, student projects, course presentation, and consulting.
Interested parties should provide a cover letter and resume/CV to:
Senior T-7A Experimental Test Pilot - The Boeing Company
The Boeing Company is looking for a Senior T-7A Experimental Test Pilot to join our team in Berkeley, MO. This position will be providing support and mature guidance to a team of aircrew and engineers in support of test programs as assigned. In addition, this position will work for the T-X Chief Pilot to efficiently and effectively support the execution of the T-X development flight test program. Experience in F-15, F/A-18, F-16, F-35, F-22 and/or T-38 aircraft is desired. This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which U.S. citizenship is required.
For more information and to apply, please visit jobs.boeing.com and search for Senior T-7A Experimental Test Pilot or visit the posting directly at :
Test Pilot - General Atomics
TEST PILOT POSITION - GENERAL ATOMICS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform as Experimental Test and Evaluation Pilot.
- Perform as Instructor Test Pilot and company Flight Examiner.
- Perform as Pilot-in-Command of Company Unmanned Air Vehicles.
- Develops and executes mission planning, briefing, mission execution and debriefing.
- Instruct UAV student pilots as well as instructor pilots-in-training in all aspects of UAV ground and flight operations including academic (platform instruction) and in-flight instruction.
- Ensures compliance with all governing regulations including service guidance, company procedures and Federal Aviation Administration Regulations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations and company policies wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Consults directly with company engineering and senior management as subject matter expert in developing company product line of aircraft.
- Develops and verifies procedures for use with new aircraft features.
- Develops training syllabus courseware to include research, word processing and presentation development.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to a four-year technical degree and six or more years progressively complex aviation experience. Equivalent professional aviation experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a strong aviation background and demonstrate a complete understanding of technical principles, theories, and concepts. Must have excellent organization skills including planning and coordinating work assignments.
- Must possess: (1) FAA Commercial Certificate with a current instrument rating; (2) strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on teamwork and verbal and written communication; (3) ability to effectively interface with all levels of employees, as well as military and civilian customers; (4) strong knowledge of computer applications and operations pertinent to the position; and (5) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Preferred Qualifications Previous experience including Predator, UAV and/or Military aviator or military aviation. FAA instructor rating (CFI) and (CFII) in manned aircraft.
- Highly Desirable: Test pilot school graduate.
- US Citizenship Required.
- Travel Percentage Required 0% - 25%
- US Citizenship Required?Yes
- Clearance Required?Desired
- Clearance LevelSecret
For more information and to apply:
Flight Test Pilot - Department of the Air Force
Flight Test Pilot, Department of the Air Force
NH-IV Flight Test Pilot / Deputy of Standardization, Evaluation, & Training
96th Operations Group, 96th Test Wing, Eglin AFB, FL
96TH TEST WING MISSION: We test and evaluate state-of-the-art weapon systems and cyber capabilities, provide quality installation and mission support, and serve as responsible stewards of our resources to deliver war-winning capabilities
96TH OPERATIONS GROUP MISSION: Conduct Safe, Secure, Effective, and Efficient Test and Support Operations for the Joint Fight
PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to serve as a flight test pilot and Deputy of Stan/Eval & Training within the 96th Operations Group. The incumbent directs activities and manages resources and processes responsible for the effective employment and utilization of squadron aerospace vehicles and implements policy and procedures of aircrew personnel performing flight operations test and test support activities.
Senior Test Pilot, Department of the Air Force
A senior test pilot (NH-04) job opening is available with the 418th Flight Test Squadron, Edwards AFB CA. The 418th flight test squadron, in conjunction with the Global Reach Combined Test Force, is responsible for accomplishing developmental test and evaluation of USAF air mobility systems, to include C-5, C-17, KC-10, KC-46, KC-135, and VC-25B aircraft.
For additional information on qualification requirements and instructions on how to apply, please go to USAJOBS at the following link: