Rotor Wing Test Pilot - Technical Director
U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Air and Marine Operations
Department of Homeland Security
GS-14 Rotor Wing Test Pilot/Tech Director
Location: Hurlburt Field, FL
Job Ad closes 2 April, 2021
USA Jobs Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596467800
POC is Troy Fontaine (AF) 325-716-9127
Flight Test & Evaluation Manager - Bell
Flight Test & Evaluation Manager
To Apply: Bell Flight Careers REQ 289648
We're more than aviation experts. We're pioneers who have challenged what's possible for sound barriers, lunar missions, tiltrotor systems and commercial helicopters. We’ve been reimagining the experience of flight for more than 80 years—and today we're redefining where it can take us.
This role serves as manager and subject matter expert for the Air Vehicle/System Test and Evaluation (T&E) with responsibility for directing, managing, coordinating, reviewing and providing expert technical advice relative to the overall test and evaluation efforts associated with the Future Long Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA).
Incumbent will be the Contractor Test Director (CTD), the responsible primary point of contact in coordinating all air vehicle/system test and evaluation activities with peer, Government Test Director (GTD), from FLRAA PO and Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) Redstone Test Center (RTC) in a Combined Test Team (CTT) environment.
Position reports to the FLRAA Verification Manager who is also supported by the Airworthiness Manager, Component Test and Qualification Manager, and Instrumentation and Data Systems Manager.
The employee functions as the T&E expert and leads a multi-disciplinary CTT:
- Leads the development of the Bell FLRAA Master Test & Evaluation Plan (MTEP), and supports the USG development of the FLRAA Test & Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP); independently defines and coordinates all necessary resources to execute to the TEMP objectives across organizational boundaries within Bell and the US Army.
- Provides input to other acquisition documents including request for proposal (RFP), airworthiness qualification specification, operational requirements documents, performance specifications, statements of work, cost estimates and schedules.
- Responsible for oversight, coordination and synchronization of all test and evaluation efforts including Contractor Test (CT), Developmental Test (DT) and Operational Tests (OT).
- Conducts continual review and analysis of all test activities on assigned programs to prevent unnecessary delays and to assess the quality of the testing programs.
- Provides supervisory oversight and subject-matter expert advice to support mission and projects covering all aspects of test and evaluation, technical performance measures, verification, validation, analysis and trending.
- Defines problems, develops recommendations for issues and resolutions of issues to be addressed in test.
- Ensures coordination and/or participation in planning of all concerned functional elements. Results of the employee’s work are considered technically authoritative and normally reviewed without change. The work requires advanced knowledge of the policies and concepts of test and evaluation.
- Executes the Flight Test Risk Management Plan, leads the team in risk mitigation efforts and Flight Test Risk Worksheet development, establishes and nurtures a Safety focused culture
- Develops and assures implementation of, corrective actions and changes to reflect new requirements and test technologies.
- Develops and presents convincing oral/written presentations to all levels of Government and other management.
- Performs the full range of administrative and technical supervisory duties.
- Assigns work and establishes priorities; evaluates performance of subordinates; gives advice, counsel, and/or instruction to subordinates on both work and administrative matters; interviews and recommends selection of candidates for positions, promotions, and reassignments; and hears and resolves complaints from subordinates.
Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum 10Yrs DT&E experience on major test programs, 15yrs preferred
- Knowledge of DoD Test and Evaluation policies
- Knowledge of military airworthiness requirements, AMACC preferred, MIL-HDBK-516 accepted
- Knowledge of test and evaluation through acquisition life cycle
- Knowledge of and able to apply Risk Management and Safety best practices for T&E
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Ability to develop, review and evaluate program overarching test and evaluation strategies.
- Ability to lead T&E IPTs.
- Ability to supervise and lead others
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective good working relations to achieve end goals.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to gather, analyze, organize, and present data and supporting analyses.
- Ability to use office automation tools and techniques to design and generate reports, briefing materials, and/or comparable documents.
- Ability to identify problems and develop innovative solutions
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Field: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company: Bell Textron Inc.
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Shift: First Shift
Travel: Yes 5% of the Time
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please apply via our website at BellFlight.com/careers using Keyword 289648
Calspan Test Pilot – Edwards AFB, CA
Calspan Test Pilot – Edwards AFB, CA
Calspan, a technology company with a strong heritage in aerospace and transportation research and development, is looking for a Test Pilot to support U.S.Air Force Test Pilot School curriculum requirements and other Calspan West Coast Flight Test, Research and Training activities as directed. The Test Pilot will fly Calspan’s highly modified Variable Stability Learjet and other aircraft as required.
- Participate in all aspects of flight testing including: handling qualities demonstration and research flights; upset recovery training flights in experimental aircraft; proposal preparation; experiment design; aircraft and systems preparation; flight test planning and implementation; data analysis, and technical report writing.
- Regularly contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards as an expert in the field within the business group.
- Develop solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with business group and organizational objectives.
- Perform work independently without appreciable direction. Exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Serve as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the business group/functional organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans and objectives. Participate in new business proposal preparation.
- Manage flight test planning and implementation. Perform quality demonstration, research flights and upset recovery training flights in experimental aircraft.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Recognized Test Pilot School graduate.
- Pilot License - FAA Commercial, Single and Multi-Engine Land, Instrument Rating.
- Minimum 1500 hours of turbine PIC time.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for a Secret Security Clearance. Five years progressive experience and responsibility as a test pilot in a flight-test organization.
- BS in Appropriate Engineering discipline.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Ten years progressive experience and responsibility as a test pilot in a flight test organization.
- Experience with project management, flight testing and evaluations of aircraft stability and control, flying/handling qualities, flight control systems or other airborne systems.
- Flight test instructor experience; teaching academic theory and airborne test techniques.
Benefits Package: Our goal is to provide Calspan employees and their families with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits include: Health Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, 401(k) company match on first 4%, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Universal Life Insurance Policy, Paid-Time Off, Company-paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Military Leave, Employee Assistance Program and Educational Assistance Reimbursement.
Calspan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Calspan supports safe and drug free workplace through pre-employment background checks and drug testing.
Flight Test & Evaluation Instructor/SME - ABSI Defense
Space Test Fundamentals Course Support
ABSI Defense, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) supporting the defense and flight test industry, is seeking an experienced flight tester to coordinate and instruct the ongoing Space Test Fundamentals short course being offered by the US Air Force Test Pilot School at Edwards AFB.
ABSI was contracted to develop and support these twelve week-long short courses being provided by the US Air Force Test Pilot School specifically for US Space Force personnel including operators, engineers, and program managers. The in-residence course is being offered three times a year with dedicated facilities onboard Edwards AFB and a stand-alone curriculum based on USAFTPS coursework.
ABSI is aggressively supporting these classes with a mixture of on-site personnel, part time subject matter experts, and virtual learning. ABSI needs a full-time experienced flight tester to be on-site at Edwards AFB to coordinate the courses and instruct selected subjects.
Test fundamentals include test planning, test conduct, and test reporting in addition to introductory material on systems including radar, electro-optics, data links, etc. Space specific subjects including orbital mechanics and space environment are taught by subject matter experts and classes include hands-on lab and flight experiments in addition to guest lecturers and case studies.
The on-site incumbent will be expected to work closely with US Air Force TPS faculty to optimize the class schedule, refine course content to best satisfy customer requirements, and provide course instruction on selected topics throughout the class. They will also coordinate with ABSI subject matter experts to provide for seamless class coverage and manage the course schedule to ensure continuity of instruction throughout the twelve-week curriculum.
Applicants should have an undergraduate engineering degree (Master’s degree and test pilot school graduate preferred) and a minimum of eight years of active flight test or test pilot school instructional experience. In addition, some classroom instructional background and a thorough working knowledge of airborne systems testing is desired. Space related experience or educational background is also desirable, but not a requirement, as this course focuses on test fundamentals and the successful applicant will have access to space related test applications in the course materials.
Opening Date: 1 February 2021
Closing Date: Once Filled
Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructors - ITPS (Canada)
ITPS (Canada) is looking to add Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructors to their world-class Instructor’s team. ITPS offers a range of training courses for Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers with an established track record providing flight test training to air forces and industry globally.
Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Test Pilot School, long course, with minimum five years flight testing experience or
- Member of the Society of Experimental Test Pilots with minimum 10 years industry flight test experience. (EASA bridging training and FTI training will be provided).
- EASA pilot license at ATPL or CPL/IR level with FT Rating Category 1 and FTI Rating or
- ICAO ATP or CPL/ME/IR license and TP qualification. (EASA bridging training and FTI training will be provided).
- Previous experience as FI, TRI, or FTI is an asset.
- Must be willing to travel up 20% of the time.
ITPS provides a competitive compensation package that includes a full benefit plan and more. ITPS provides an exciting and stable working environment with an international team of experts. ITPS instructors participate in in house development flight test projects as well as flight test projects abroad from time to time.
In-house training programs also provide opportunities to gain new qualifications and grow in the role. Team members are challenged to actively contribute to continuously improve and innovate in our exciting and growing organization.
Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor - NTPS
Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor
National Test Pilot School
Come and join the World’s Test Pilot School and be part of our innovative team! The National Test Pilot School (NTPS) is the World’s Premiere Total Flight Test Education and Training Organization offering over 30 different flight test courses ranging from our year-long Professional Course to our numerous short courses and Master’s degrees. NTPS is the World’s first and only Test Pilot School accredited as a University, the first test pilot school to be certified as an EASA Authorized Training Organization for Flight Test, the first and only test pilot school curriculum accredited by ABET and is also ISO 9001-2015 certified.
NTPS is looking to hire an outstanding Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor to join our cadre of full-time flight test professionals. You will work as part of a team developing and delivering flight test course material. You will be teaching both academic and airborne instruction all aspects of the Fixed Wing P&FQ and Systems curriculum to both Test Pilot and Flight Test Engineer students. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to work well with people having a wide range of experience and diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students.
Required Education, Training, & Experience Criteria:
- Test Pilot Graduate of a SETP recognized Test Pilot School.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or field closely associated with flight testing.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Fixed Wing Experimental Test Pilot.
- FAA Second Class Medical or higher
- Fluent in English.
Desired Education, Training, & Experience Criteria:
- Ten+ years of flight test experience.
- Previous Test Pilot School instructional experience.
- Master’s Degree in Flight Test Related Field
- Test experience with RADAR, EO/IR, Comm/Nav Systems and Civil Certification.
- FAA Commercial Pilot Airplane (SEL/MEL), CFI/MEI, and Instrument Airplane.
- Type Rating/Authorized Experimental: S-265, AV-L39, MB-326, NH-T38, MiG-21.
- EASA Flight Test Instructor rating.
- NVG and/or Helmet Mounted Display experience.
NTPS offers a competitive salary and benefits plan, stable working hours, and an excellent 401k retirement plan.
Interested parties should provide a cover letter and resume/CV to: