Research Pilots (2) - NASA Langley Research Center
NASA Langley Research Center is hiring two Research Pilots. One through USA Jobs and one direct hire via resumes.
NASA Langley Research Center provides manned and unmanned aircraft for the agency’s research mission. This includes aeronautical research, airborne science research, science instrument development and some space mission support. International flight operations are required to support the mission. NASA Langley is a public use operation with public use self-certification of airworthiness. Flight testing of modified aircraft is routine. The aircraft at NASA Langley are Gulfstream III, Falcon 20, King Air 200, Cirrus SR-22, Lancair Columbia 300, several research simulators and several remote-control model aircraft and drones. Learn about NASA Langley’s rich history here: https://history.nasa.gov/centerhistories/langley.htm.
The first, a GS-14 (target 15) permanent position, is now viewable from USA Jobs at:
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549015900. It is an Aerospace Technologist position. In addition to research pilot duties, this pilot will be expected to work with research teams in a project planning role. Requirements include 1500 hours of PIC time, jet time, FAA Commercial Pilot / Multi-Engine (or ATP) or military equivalent and relevant prior experience as a research pilot or test pilot. TPS graduate desired but not required if equivalent experience can be demonstrated. Please see all the details in the USA Job ad and apply on line. Be sure to include details of all pilot hours requested.
Interested pilots may apply for one, the other, or both. Please note the NASA pilots are now under a special pay rate table (0767) and the salary in USA Jobs does not reflect the increased range from $122-$159K.
Experimental Flight Test Pilot - BOMBARDIER
Experimental Flight Test Pilot
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
You will be part of Bombardier’s Engineering and Integrated Product Development organization: where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these products include the A220 commercial aircraft (formerly the CSeries), the high-performance Global 5500 and Global 6500 business aircraft, the industry defining Global 7500 and 8000 business jets, and the legendary Learjet 70 and 75 aircraft.
This position is based at our Global Flight Test Center in Wichita, Kansas.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for conducting test operations on aerospace vehicles for the purpose of research, development and certification
- Be responsible for duties that include test planning, test readiness, safety of flight and test operations
- Communicate to engineering and project personnel on the planning, conducting and results of the tests (ground and/or flight)
- Observe company, FAA and Transport Canada rules and regulations, and proper use of safety and risk mitigation methods and the safe operation of equipment
- Support preliminary design review process with respect to pilot interface and human factors issues
As our ideal candidate,
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline OR be a graduate of an accredited test pilot school (USAF, Navy, French, Empire or National Test Pilot School)
- You must have practical knowledge of flight test procedures and requirements with a minimum of 3 years of flight test experience or equivalent
- You must have a minimum of 1500 hours including 500 hours of turbine powered flight experience as pilot
- You must hold the appropriate US or Canadian, instrument ratings and commercial licenses
- You must hold a CAT 1 medical or equivalent
- You must hold an ATP/ATPL or attain within 6 months of hire
- You must have the interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals, departments and organizations
- You must have the ability and willingness to work with irregular hours and work days
- You must have the ability to travel on short notice
- You are familiar with Transport Canada, FAA and JAA Certification processes and procedures (preferred)
- You have previous experience with Bombardier products (i.e., Learjet, CH, GX, CRJ, Dash 8) (preferred)
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Honeywell - Lead Test Pilot (Phoenix, AZ)
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Lead and determine airworthiness of Honeywell's aircrafts through inspection, flight testing and evaluation of flight performance, engine operation and flight characteristics. You will design flight tests, supervise technical staff, participate in accident investigation and ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations. You will recommend changes to aircraft to better meet the pilot's needs or to improve flight. You will be the subject matter expert and ensure the highest levels of flight safety and comfort.
- Provide the safest and most reliable travel experience for Honeywell executives through efficient and thorough flight testing
- Develop effective flight testing methodologies to assess an airplane's performance and ensure it meets the highest quality and safety standards
- Create and implement plans to achieve department goals and ensure best in class flight testing
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1500 flight hours in turbine powered aircraft Airline Transport Rating, Airline Transport
- Multi engine land and appropriate Type rating
- FAA ATP Certificate - Airplane, Multi-Engine Land
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation or Engineering
- Extensive experience in flight testing and inspection
- Experience in engineering flight testing of experimental types of aircraft or the solution of technical engineering problems at a professional level
- Proven knowledge of all safety requirements for compliance
- Knowledge of regulations and standards in aircraft testing
To apply please visit: https://honeywell.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/210478?c=honeywell (Reg#HRD76767)
Flight Operations Manager - General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Flight Operations Manager
Date posted 08/15/2019
Job ID#: 25074BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Flight Operations Manager
Job Category: Administrative
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Flight Operations Manager at our Flight Test Facility near Palmdale, California!
This position reports to the Director of Aircrew and Airport operations and is responsible for the planning, managing and execution of flight operations at multiple locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functional management of five (5) direct report supervisors overseeing a flight department consisting of 100 aircrew and 15 support staff. Flight crew support CONUS and OCONUS deployment operations for various customers. Local aircrew support flight test, training and production flight test of all company and customer aircraft.
- Responsible for the efficient use of resources to support CONUS and OCONUS operations, to include deployment scheduling of personnel to ensure a fair and equitable distribution of aircrew.
- Develop and track department performance metrics to assess department effectiveness. Set short- and long-term goals and report on same.
- Manage all phases of the program(s) from conceptualization through completion, including acquisition, planning, and managing technical performance to ensure quality, business, and financial objectives are attained.
- Develop and coordinate program plans or delivery methods which usually serve a single customer.
- Participate with technical staff and/or Division/Group executive management to develop and implement current, annual, and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for the program(s). May also contribute to the development of Group/Company objectives.
- Participate with engineering to establish design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, testing, and integration.
- Interact with internal and external representatives at various levels concerning resolution of technical and scheduling issues. Act as primary contact for program issues.
- Influence, and coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract(s). Influence contract acquisitions, negotiations and modifications.
- Provide firm and consistent leadership and ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- Act as the primary customer contact for program activities and may lead program review sessions with customers to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Identify program issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specification.
- Contribute to the development of new business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities. May participate with Group management in pursuing business partnerships, alliances, and joint ventures that enhance the capabilities of the Group/Company and may result in new products, programs and business opportunities.
- Manage the development of and ensure the security of proprietary technology and maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Ensure all departments comply with applicable service guidance. Work directly with the government flight representative to ensure a healthy working relationship exists between the company and the government to support company priorities.
- Make daily risk management decisions to ensure incident free operations. Develop short- and long-term operational risk management plans/goals working directly with the aviation safety officer
- Typically requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering, science or a related technical field as well as thirteen or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least seven of those years managing programs.
- May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates extensive technical expertise and application of program management principles, concepts, and practice as well as program management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must be able to develop solutions to problems that require coordination of technologies across program requirements.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Experienced Predator aircrew with proven experience managing large flight operations organizations.
- Ability to effectively solve complex and challenging management and technical problems.
- Military experience is highly desired.
- Detailed knowledge of USAF training methodology and USAF Standardization and Evaluation.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Complete understanding of mission employment.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrated experience solving sensitive HR/personnel issues with positive results.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- ability to obtain DOD security clearance.
- US citizenship required.
Travel Percentage Required: 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret
Director of Flight Test - Northrop Grumman Mission Systems
Director Test Pilot Engineering 1
Requisition ID: 19025681
Location: United States-Maryland-Linthicum
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Clearance Type: Secret
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
The Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Infrastructure Operations organization is seeking a Director of Flight Test operations to join our team of qualified, diverse leaders. This position will be located in Linthicum, MD and will report to the MS Sector Infrastructure Operations Director.
The successful candidate will provide senior oversight to the Flight Test Operations organization that is responsible for providing flight test capabilities for the development, assessment and demonstration of NGMS products and systems.
- •Overall management of test aircraft fleet and operations, including test pilots, aircraft engineers and maintenance activities.
- •Responsible for compliance with specification and operational suitability, production acceptance, and flight test support of the products / systems through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers.
- •Responsible for operational risk assessment / management of our modifications and flight profiles.
- •Conducting demonstration flights with customers, government officials, or other personnel aboard to exhibit system performance and capabilities.
- •Bachelor’s Degree plus 10 years progressive/related leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years test pilot experience.
- •Must be a certified test pilot through a nationally recognized military test pilot school, or equivalent military training.
- •Minimum 1500 hours First Pilot (USN/USMC) or Primary (USAF) flight time in turbojet, turbofan or turboprop aircraft.
- •A commercial pilot certification.
- •Experience in civilian /FAA certifications and requirements.
- •Current, active, Secret Clearance required. Ability to secure a Top-Secret Clearance is also required.
- •Past experience in aircraft modifications, configuration and control, and technical / operational review boards. Familiar with government test organizations, ranges and processes.
- •Experience with Airworthiness Programs and requirements.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Openings: The International Test Pilot School (ITPS)
The International Test Pilot School (ITPS) is hiring! 2020 is set to break all records in terms of training and flight test activities. ITPS is an EASA ATO for Flight Test Training and accredited by SETP and SFTE. We are looking for FIXED WING TEST PILOTS as well as FIXED and ROTARY WING FLIGHT TEST ENGINEERS. We have a number of full-time positions to fill, but welcome part-time Subject Matter Experts (SME)s too. Based out of London, Ontario in Canada, ITPS offers a dynamic and stimulating working environment with a variety of flight test training and flight test projects across the spectrum of disciplines. We are an international team of professionals enjoying a friendly and relaxed work atmosphere where competence and enthusiasm are valued and with opportunities for professional development and further training. The positions will include classroom and airborne instruction as well as participation in in-house and deployed flight test projects. Occasional travel abroad will be required.