Test Pilot, Honeywell
HRD144819 TEST PILOT
- Participate in the planning, scheduling and coordination required to perform flight test on assigned aircraft.
- Coordinate with engineering teams and aircraft maintenance, ensuring that the aircraft is configured properly and is ready to meet all test objectives.
- Maintain currency, proficiency, and technical expertise in multiple aircraft types.
- Act as Pilot-in-Command (PIC), in one or more assigned aircraft, and conduct flight test, certification and customer demonstration flights.
- Design and supervise avionics and/or propulsion systems flight test, supervise technical staff, and ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Evaluate combined aircraft and product technologies, through analysis, inspection, performance measures, and flight characteristics.
- Create, review, and implement new strategies and plans, to achieve departmental goals and to ensure world-class customer support and flight testing.
- Maintain the highest levels of safety while developing, leading, and conducting flight test.
YOU MUST HAVE
- A degree in engineering, aviation, or a technically related field; or equivalent combination of both education and experience, sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions required of this position
- A comprehensive knowledge of flight test techniques and procedures, in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods, for the planning, execution, evaluation, and assessment of operational testing for complex test objectives
- The ability and demonstrated skill required to simultaneously operate multiple aircraft, to the highest levels of safety and efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree
- FAA Class I Medical Certificate
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (fixed-wing and/or rotorcraft)
- 2,500 hours (total time), 1,000 hours (turbine aircraft time), 500 hours PIC (turbine time)
- Multi-Engine Land (AMEL) with appropriate Type Rating(s)
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Job Level: (Band 4) incentive eligible
Must be a us Citizen due to contractual requirements
At Honeywell, the future is what we make it…
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers, who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
As a Honeywell Test Pilot, you will have the opportunity to operate a very diverse fleet of flight test aircraft including: (Turbojets): B757, G550, F900EX, ERJ170, (Turboprops): BE200, PC-12, (Pistons): BE36, BE55, PA46, and (Rotorcraft): AW139
Specialist Engineer - Flight Test Pilot - Piper Aircraft
Specialist Engineer - Flight Test Pilot (Full Time)
- Act as pilot-in-command for Piper experimental test operations aircraft during the conduct of flight test activities related to the development and certification of Piper products
- Coordinate project-specific flight and ground crew logistics including pre-flight briefings, post flight briefings, duty day restrictions, travel, transportation, and, especially, test hazard mitigation requirements
- Create, revise, review, and approve technical and compliance documents subject to the Piper ODA
- Participate in the Piper safety management system, including serving as the Flight Test Safety Officer
- Liaise with other departments as the Experimental Flight Test subject matter expert
- Mentor less experienced flight test pilots
- Complete required initial and recurrent safety training
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- 15 years of flight test experience with a minimum of 5 years as a flight test pilot
- Commercial Pilot’s License with Multi-engine and Instrument ratings
- Familiarity with 14CFR Part 23 regulations and associated guidance material
Preferred Education and Experience
- Test Pilot School Graduate
- Graduate degree in engineering or related field
- Consulting DER Appointment (Test Pilot and/or Flight Analyst)
- Experience as an ODA Unit Member (Test Pilot and/or Flight Analyst)
For more information and to apply please click HERE.
Test Pilot & Director, Flight Operations - Calspan
Visit Calspan at Booth 6 at the Society of Experimental Test Pilots Symposium October 27-30
Calspan is looking for a motivated Test Pilot to join our team. This position is located at our Flight Operations headquarters in Niagara Falls, NY. Primary duty includes safely and efficiently providing flight test and training in various Calspan experimental aircraft. Additional duties include flying and evaluating new or modified aircraft for research and development (R&D) and reporting on results and performance. Responsible for all aspects of flight test and operations including test and safety planning, execution and reporting.
Director, Flight Operations
Headquartered in Niagara Falls, New York, Calspan’s Flight Research Center is home to a fleet of experimental aircraft that include four Learjets, two Gulfstream G-IIIs, and a Premier 1A. Calspan also operates the NF-16D VISTA aircraft for the Air Force Test Pilot School at Edwards AFB, CA. These aircraft are modified and used to conduct a variety of flight control, airborne sensor and system testing, and other flight research projects and demonstrations for commercial and government organizations around the world, including at the U.S. Air Force and Naval Test Pilot Schools. We are looking for a Director of Flight Operations to manage day-to-day company flight and maintenance operations and associated aircraft schedules.
Flight Test Instructor / Test Pilot Job Openings (4) - Empire Test Pilots’ School
Empire Test Pilots’ School (ETPS) currently has 4 roles they are looking to fill.
All of the information can be found in the links below:
Flight Test Instructor / Test Pilot - Rotary Wing (6434) – https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=6434&company=qinetiqlimP2
Flight Test Instructor / Test Pilot - Rotary Wing (6435) - https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=6435&company=qinetiqlimP2
Flight Test Instructor / Test Pilot - Fixed Wing (6436) - https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=6436&company=qinetiqlimP2
Flight Test Instructor/ Test Pilot - Fixed Wing (6437) - https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=6437&company=qinetiqlimP2
Staff Pilot Test/B-2 Chief Development Test Pilot - Northrop Grumman
The B-2 Chief Developmental Test Pilot is a Staff Test Pilot position (Level 5) that provides oversight and guidance to ensure safe and professional flight operations in support of flight test, demonstrations and product development of associated systems. The Chief Pilot collaborates with the Flight Ops Manager to maintain cognizance over all flight activities and ensures compliance with sector policies/procedures and Service guidance, to include DCMA policy compliance. Supports B-2 Program Depot Maintenance (PDM) at Palmdale, CA; primary duty location and role is support to ground & flight tests at Edwards AFB, CA. Reports to the Director, Systems Test for B-2 Program IPT and the Functional SIT&E Director for Edwards AFB.
Position starts in Palmdale, CA for 12-18 months in support of the B-2 Display Modernization Program but will permanently transition to Edwards AFB. The selected candidate will support Developmental Flight Test at Edwards AFB and Whiteman AFB as their primary responsibility, to include Developmental Lab Test at the WSSC in Oklahoma City, OK; travel to Whiteman AFB and/or Oklahoma City required approximately 20% of the time.
Provides test pilot expertise to assigned programs; technology/research efforts to ensure man-machine interface issues and requirements are identified for new or modified aircraft designs
Plan, develop and execute test flights on B-2 aircraft to verify airworthiness and performance capability; validate and verify compliance with specifications and to determine operational effectiveness and/or suitability
Pilot B-2 aircraft on delivery and ferry flights
Partners with Flight Ops Manager and Aviation Safety Officer; ensures test team is conducting safe and effective ground and flight test operations
Collaborates with customer pilots
Performs as Single Pilot Voice to NG Program IPTs and NG Program Manager on effectiveness and suitability deficiencies of the system design as it relates to performing pilot tasks
Engage with program IPTs and REs to ensure air vehicle and ground station designs/modifications are effective and suitable
Provides test pilot inputs at FRR, TRRs and SRBs ensuring safe conduct of all NGAS flight test missions
Ensures best practices and lessons learned are shared with program pilots and other chief pilots
Provides engineering test pilot expertise and safety guidance to flight test engineers for design definition, simulator flights, test planning, flight test techniques, test conduct, test reporting and proposal preparation
Provide test pilot inputs to System Safety to ensure safe conduct of B-2 flight test missions
Provides pilot inputs into development of preliminary flight manuals and aircrew checklists
In conjunction with Flight Ops Manager, develop and maintain program specific procedures and requirements for flight test crew qualification and training to support applicable regulations and contract requirements (FAR, FAA, Tri-Service Regulations)
Brief Program Chief Engineer, IPT Managers, and Program Manager on Program Test Pilot responsibilities
Maintain B-2 proficiencies and currencies; also must obtain and maintain proficiencies and currencies on the Firebird or other Flying Test Bed aircraft as required
Promotes active involvement in flight test professional societies and industry forums; fully supports Test Communities of Practice (CoPs) and Flight Test Safety Summits
Collaborate and serve as NG B-2 Program Lead with DCMA for Edwards AFB; ensure full compliance with DCMA policies, procedures, and audits/inspections
Complies with Corporate, Sector, and Program policy and procedures; maintains appropriate certificates and remains knowledgeable of the program system under test and current FAA rules and applicable service regulations
14 Years with BS STEM degree; 12 Years with STEM Masters; 9 Years with STEM PhD
1,500 first-pilot flight hours minimum
Valid FAA commercial pilot certificate or higher
Current FAA Class II Medical
Current DoD Secret clearance with investigation in last 5 years; ability to obtain and maintain any required B-2 Program PARs
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Excellent communications skills, including the ability to brief test results to executive leadership
Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
Current, proficient, and qualified on the B-2
Current DoD Top Secret, TS SAP, or TS SCI clearance
Experience in flight testing, with ability to work with engineering to develop solutions to integration issues, and to bridge between the customer users and Northrop Grumman designers
Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
Military or Civilian equivalent Test Pilot School (TPS) Graduate
Civilian Flight Test Pilot
The 586 Flight Test Squadron has a job opening for a civilian test pilot. For more information and to apply click HERE.