Welcome to SETP
The Society of Experimental Test Pilots is an international organization that seeks to promote air safety and contributes to aeronautical advancement by promoting sound aeronautical design and development; interchanging ideas, thoughts and suggestions of the members, assisting in the professional development of experimental pilots, and providing scholarships and aid to members and the families of deceased members.
Flight Test Safety Virtual Workshop 2021 - Videocasts
The Videocasts approved for public release from the 2021 Flight Test Safety Virtual Workshop are now available to view with the link below.
65th Symposium & Banquet
The hotel reservation link will be available soon. Please do not call the hotel to try and book a room. Once our room block is available to book, the link and hotel phone number will be posted on this page.
For the latest information on the Disneyland Resort’s guidelines and important information, please visit https://disneyland.disney.go.com/
Preliminary Annual Symposium & Banquet Schedule:
Wednesday, 27 October 2021
- We are in the beginning planning stages of trying to arrange a Technical Tour that will occur on this day. More information to follow once we have details
- A Welcome Reception will be held this evening at approximately 6:30pm – 8pm
Thursday, 28 October 2021
- Opening Ceremonies and Session I will begin at approximately 8am
- We are in the beginning planning stages of trying to arrange a Spouse’s Event that will occur this day. More information to follow once we have details
- The New Member Reception will take place at the end of Session I. This event is by invitation only
- Session II Technical Session
- Thursday Evening Networking Reception on Adventure Lawn outside of the Disneyland Hotel
Friday, 29 October 2021
- Session III Technical Session
- Luncheon with keynote speaker
- Session IV Technical Session
- The President’s Dinner will take place at approximately 6pm. This event is by invitation only
- Friday Night Reception & Dance in the ballroom
Saturday, 30 October 2021
- Session V Technical Session
- The Annual Business Meeting will begin at the conclusion of the final technical session
- The Awards Banquet will begin at approximately 5:30pm
SETP Annual Symposium & Banquet - Save the Dates!
The Society of Experimental Test Pilots
65th Annual Symposium & Banquet
We’ve got some great news! The Disneyland Resort has been informed by California State health officials that the COVID restrictions are expected to be relaxed by October 1st to allow for full capacity in-person conferences! While our normally scheduled dates are not available, and the Grand Californian conference spaces are not available in October, the Society is pleased to announce that the 65th Annual Symposium & Banquet will be an in-person event held on 27-30 October 2021 at the Disneyland Hotel - 1150 West Magic Way, Anaheim, CA 92802! We realize this is not our typical dates in September and the hotel conference venue is different (still on the Resort property) but are pleased that we are able to secure this timeframe in October in order to align with hotel availability (the entire room block including the government rate rooms will be at the Disneyland Hotel) and state guidelines related to COVID-19. We are looking forward to returning to a rewarding in-person S&B to support the mission of the Society!
NTPS 40th Anniversary!
The National Test Pilot School (NTPS) is proud to announce our 40th Anniversary!! 29 April 2021 marked 40 years of NTPS providing flight test training to Test Pilots & FTEs from over 40 countries around the world. We recently unveiled our 40th Anniversary Painting called "Changing of the Guard" which depicts the EC-145 taking the lead in helicopter flight test training from the UH-1 as they fly over NTPS and other school aircraft (Prints are available). There has been tremendous change in these past 40 years and NTPS has continued to adapt, innovate, and lead in the modernization of flight test training. NTPS was first with Master’s degrees, Pre-TPS, significant Systems Curriculum, UAV curriculum integration, Graduate Assistant program, EASA certification, and University accreditation. All great examples of our commitment to our mission to advance flight test competency, improve flight test and aviation safety, and enhance the aerospace profession world-wide. NTPS would like to thank all of our loyal customers from across the globe. Here's to another 40 great years!
Special Business Meeting & State of the Society
NTPS Selections for the 2021 Flight Test Engineer GA Program
The National Test Pilot School (NTPS) is pleased to announce that the selection process for the 2021 Flight Test Engineer Graduate Assistant Program has been completed and are excited to introduce the first three selectees. Click Here to download the full press release.