Rotary-Wing Test Pilot Instructors - ITPS (Canada)
Rotary-Wing Test Pilot Instructors - ITPS (Canada)
ITPS (Canada) is looking to add Rotary- Wing Test Pilot Instructors to their world-class team. ITPS offers a range of training courses for Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers with an established track record providing flight test training to air forces and industry globally.
Rotary-Wing Test Pilot Instructor applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Test Pilot School, long course, with a minimum of three years flight testing experience or
- Member of the Society of Experimental Test Pilots with minimum 10 years industry flight test experience.
- EASA pilot license at ATPL or CPL/IR level with FT Rating Category 1 and FTI Rating or
- ICAO ATP or CPL/ME/IR license and TP qualification.
- Previous experience as FI, TRI, or FTI is an asset.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally.
ITPS provides a competitive compensation package that includes a full benefit plan and more. ITPS provides an exciting and stable working environment with an international team of experts. ITPS instructors can participate in in-house development flight test projects as well as flight test projects abroad from time to time.
In-house training programs also provide opportunities to gain new qualifications and grow in the role. Team members are challenged to actively contribute to continuously improve and innovate in our exciting and growing organization.
Chief Test Pilot - Wisk
Wisk has an opening for a Chief Test Pilot.
For more information and to apply: https://jobs.lever.co/wisk/8fe29b2a-2c67-4997-9de6-34260457e0b5
Test Pilot - Calspan - US Naval Test Pilot School Support
Calspan is looking for a motivated Test Pilot to join our team. This position is located at the United States Naval Test Pilot School, Paxuxent River, Maryland. Calspan Corporation has a 50-year relationship with the USNTPS supporting test pilot curriculum. Primary duty includes safely and efficiently providing variable stability demonstration flights to USNTPS students at Patuxent River NAS, MD in a Calspan modified Learjet. Additional duties include flying and evaluating new or modified aircraft for research and development (R&D) and reporting on results and performance. Responsible for all aspects of flight test and operations including test and safety planning, execution and reporting.
- Participate in all aspects of flight testing including: handling qualities demonstration and research flights; upset recovery training flights in experimental aircraft; proposal preparation; experiment design; aircraft and systems preparation; flight test planning and implementation; data analysis, and technical report writing.
- Regularly contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards as an expert in the field within the business group.
- Develop solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with business group and organizational objectives.
- Perform work independently without appreciable direction. Exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Serve as consultant to management and serve as the external spokesperson for the business group/functional organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans and objectives. Participate in new business proposal preparation.
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Graduate of a military test pilot school, or five (5) years’ experience as an engineering research pilot or experimental test pilot with a military government agency or aircraft contractor, required.
- Pilot Licenses - at least FAA Commercial, Single and Multi-Engine Land, Instrument Rating.
- Medical Required – at least FAA Class 2 medical.
Military trained pilot with jet or turboprop aircraft operational experience or equivalent training with 2,000 hours of pilot time, 1,000 hours in jet or turboprop aircraft.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for a Secret Security Clearance.
Preferred Knowledge / Ability:
- Experience with project management, flight testing and evaluations of aircraft stability and control, flying/handling qualities, flight control systems or other airborne systems.
- Flight test instructor experience; at least one year teaching academic theory and airborne test techniques strongly desired.
- Previous experience (one year) with the training programs at a military test pilot school desired.
Benefits Package: Our goal is to provide Calspan employees and their families with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits include: Health Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, 401(k) company match on first 4%, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Universal Life Insurance Policy, Paid-Time Off, Company-paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Military Leave, Employee Assistance Program and Educational Assistance Reimbursement.
Calspan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Calspan supports safe and drug free workplace through pre-employment background checks and drug testing.
Experimental Flight Test Pilot - U. S. Army Redstone Test Center
The Experimental Flight Test Pilot position is within the Aviation Flight Test Directorate, U. S. Army Redstone Test Center.
Responsibilities include research, development, test, and evaluation duties for a multitude of aircraft and aviation systems acquisition programs. Conducts developmental flight tests that encompasses not only aircraft performance and flying qualities, but also aircraft systems performance and operational of new or critically modified military helicopters and airplanes of different classes, makes, and models where aircraft flight characteristics vary widely due to category, configuration, weight, and power differences. Also conducts aircraft systems tests that include sophisticated weapons systems, electro-optical sensors, and threat countermeasure suites. Requires expert skill and judgment to conduct developmental flight testing at the most critical flight conditions of loading, speed, maneuvering, and configuration. During test flights, gathers quantitative and qualitative data from which the performance and stability characteristics of the aircraft may be defined. Determines maximum limits for safe operation and aerodynamic stability where a substantial degree of hazard exists to certifying new and distinct aircraft and aircraft modified to the extent that flight characteristics are altered to a pronounced degree.
For more information and to apply:
Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor - NTPS
Position: Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor
Location: National Test Pilot School, Mojave, CA
Come and join the World’s Test Pilot School! The National Test Pilot School is the World’s Leading Total Flight Test Training and Education Organization and the only Accredited Test Pilot School.
NTPS is looking to hire an outstanding Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor to join our cadre of flight test professionals. You will work as part of a team developing and delivering flight test course material. You will be teaching all aspects of both academic and airborne instruction of the Fixed Wing P&FQ and Systems curriculum to both Test Pilot and Flight Test Engineer students. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to work well with people having a wide range of experience and diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students.
Required Education, Training, & Experience Criteria:
- Test Pilot Graduate of a SETP recognized Test Pilot School.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or field closely associated with flight testing.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Fixed Wing Experimental Test Pilot.
- FAA Medical 2nd Class.
- Fluent in English.
Desired Education, Training, & Experience Criteria:
- Ten+ years of flight test experience.
- Previous Test Pilot School instructional experience.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or field closely associated with flight testing.
- Test experience with Civil Certification, Radar, EO/IR, Comm/Nav, and/or weapons systems.
- FAA Commercial Pilot License; Airplane (SEL/MEL), CFI/MEI and Instrument Airplane.
- Type Rating/Authorized Experimental: S-265, L39, MB-326,T38/F5, MiG-21.
- EASA Flight Test Instructor rating.
- NVG and/or Helmet Mounted Display experience.
NTPS offers a competitive salary, 401k retirement plan, and benefits package. There is occasional travel associated with this position for field trips, student projects, course presentation, and consulting.
Interested parties should provide a cover letter and resume/CV to:
Test Pilot - Joby Aviation
“Joby Aviation is building up our flight test team as we approach certification flight test of our eVTOL aircraft. It’s a beautiful aircraft and an amazing design https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wbFw165ar0. Recently, we have demonstrated a 154 statute mile range on a single charge, with vertical take off and landing, providing the viability of our powertrain for the intended role.
We are seeking a passionate and driven test pilot at this time, with a particular requirement for civil certification experience and DER or AR qualification in the areas of performance and flying qualities.
The test pilot role requires a wide range of knowledge and skill that includes planning and flight testing experimental CTOL/VTOL fly-by-wire aircraft and supporting all certification flight test related activities. Formal test pilot training and/or experience is essential, as is a flexibility in outlook to adapt core flight test principles to a radically new aviation environment.
- Long course graduate of recognized test pilot school or, exceptionally, equivalent on-the-job training
- At least 3 years additional flight test experience post training, with at least 50 hours experimental or certification flight test experience as test pilot
- Bachelors of Science degree or equivalent experience and training
- Fixed Wing and / or Rotorcraft Commercial Certificate
- A minimum of 1,000 hours pilot in command flight time
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required
- Read and speak English proficiently
- FAA certification flight test experience (highly desired)
- Flight test DER or AR (highly desired)
- Both fixed wing and rotary wing flight test experience, with principle experience in fixed wing
- AV-8 or F-35B experience
- Flight instructional experience
- Test pilot school instructional experience
- Experience with all-electric aircraft
Please apply at https://careers-jobyaviation.icims.com/jobs/1574/test-pilot/job