Fixed Wing Flight Test Pilot - Garmin
We are growing! Come join Garmin’s team of talented engineers designing and certifying world-class avionics in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
Garmin AT, located in Salem, Oregon is looking for engineers and pilots passionate about aviation, avionics and Garmin products to provide project and technical leadership for complex avionic development and certification. You will work with product development teams on new products, solve difficult engineering problems, and work toward certification for Garmin avionic installation in FAR (Federal Aviation Regulations) 23, 25, 27 and 29 aircraft.
We are currently looking for a Fixed Wing Flight Test Pilot that will provide technical leadership in performance of flight test pilot activities including developing ground and flight test plans for complex projects, acting as Pilot in Command during execution of flight tests, authoring certification plans or project level documentation for flight manuals, effectively represents the end user, and working with certification authorities to resolve certification issues.
The Flight Test Pilot may act as Flight Test Project Lead for moderately complex projects. Other duties include:
- Drafts ground and flight test plans for complex test programs including programs with tests not previously conducted
- Defines the operational characteristics for the system under development/test and effectively represents the end user of individual products
- Understands and is able to maintain moderately complex test aircraft configurations and coordinates with engineering teams
- Analyzes data to assist with the development of systems, determine compliance with requirements, and to provide certification data
- Addresses issues with test aircraft and installations including advanced troubleshooting and provides support to aircraft maintenance
- Identifies and tracks issues during flight test, offers quality solutions, and verifies resolution for moderately complex projects
- Leverages thorough understanding of aircraft certification process and associated regulations to author certification plans or content for complex projects, including new content
- Creates project level documentation structure for flight manuals and technical publications intended for use by pilots
- Serves as an expert in flight operations aspects of systems sufficient to communicate functional hazards and failure effects to safety analysis team
- Works with certification authorities to resolve certification issues.
- Revises or authors new procedures and makes significant safety contributions to the flight test organization.
- Provides reliable solutions to a wide range of difficult problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced flight test pilots (Flight Test Pilot 2)
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of 5 years relevant experience OR Master of Science Degree in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering AND a minimum of 3 years relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience and
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Commercial Pilot Certificate • 2nd Class FAA Medical Certificate
- Minimum 1,500 hrs total flight time • Previous flight test experience
- Demonstrates proficient use of advanced engineering and flight test tools including performing advanced troubleshooting on complex avionics system installations
- Demonstrates solid and proficient understanding of certification process and associated regulations ENGINEERED ON THE INSIDE FOR LIFE ON THE OUTSIDE.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills Preferred candidates will have superior academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5, previous experience in systems engineering or software development and Flight Test Pilot DER or ODA Unit Member Qualification.
This position is posted at: Flight Test Pilot - Fixed Wing - General Aviation
If you bring knowledge of avionics and experience in general aviation, we want to meet you!
Visit our Website at CAREERS.GARMIN.com and apply today.
At Garmin, we strive to develop innovative, high-quality, state-of-the-art products that inspire our customers in their adventures. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. The foundation of our culture is honesty, integrity, and respect for associates, customers, and business partners. Each associate is fully committed to serving customers and fellow associates through outstanding performance and accomplishing what we say we will do. Garmin offers a very competitive benefit package, designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
If you are not currently looking for a position, pass our openings to your friends! Not an aviation professional? Many other opportunities are now posted at all Garmin locations around the country. CAREERS.GARMIN.com
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Take This Job and LOVE IT
F-15 Weapons Systems Program Manager (SAF/IA) - Booz Allen
Job Title: F-15 Weapons Systems Program Manager (SAF/IA)
Organization, Work Location: SAF/IA, Washington DC / Alexandria Virginia
Relocation provided: Yes
Full Time Position
Candidate must meet the basic qualifications:
- Have demonstrated experience as a pilot or weapons systems operator in the F-16, F-15, F-22, F-35, F-18, A-10 or other fighter/attack aircraft.
- A minimum of 500 flying hours in one--or a combination of--the aircraft listed above with 300 or more of the flying hours in a version of the F-15.
- Have active F-15 flying experience within the last 8 years. Contractor personnel must have actively flown in an aircraft listed above and been assigned to a flying billet in the same—active, guard or reserve billets are all acceptable.
- A FINAL Top Secret SCI Security Clearance and NATO Secret.
- Have experience working with foreign militaries.
- Graduate of the USAF Weapons Instructor Course or Navy Top Gun program.
- Knowledge and general understanding of the following: ▪ USAF roles and missions. ▪ SAF/IA's role within and relationship towards the security cooperation community. ▪ Security cooperation, international affairs, security assistance, foreign military sales to include the processes, legislation and players.
Test Pilot - MIT Lincoln Laboratory
Job Title: Test Pilot
Position Description: Test Pilot/Specialist
The engineering Test Pilot/Specialist is an essential member of the Flight Test Facility team and is responsible for conducting mission safety & test planning and operating highly modified manned and unmanned aircraft for the purpose of Research and Development.
The Test Pilot primary duties include:
- Directly responsible for the safe and efficient conduct of the flights they are assigned.
- Work effectively with a small teams to engage with the engineering customer and ensure a smooth aircraft integration process.
- Coordinate with the engineering customer to understand project scope, build schedules, write test plans (including flight profiles and test cards), analyze flight test risk, manage logistics, and coordinate airspace.
- Actively contribute in technical information and test planning meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Safety Review Boards, First Flight Readiness Review Boards, preflight briefings and debriefings.
- Communicate to engineering project personnel the results of test flights (ground and/or flight) including recommendations and lessons learned.
- Observe company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), FAA rules and regulations, and proper use of safety and risk mitigation methods.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local, DOD and foreign regulations as well as company policies and procedures specified in the company flights operations manual.
- Investigate, review, and comply with military range operating procedures.
- Conduct other day to day administrative responsibilities required in the flight operations department (i.e. flight safety, training, record keeping, navigation tools/database maintenance, process development, etc).
- As the most visible Flight Test Facility representative to the Laboratory, must act with tact and decorum while ensuring an efficient and safe flight operations
- Practical knowledge of flight test procedures with 5 years of flight test experience
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with MEL privileges and at least Commercial SEL privileges
- Current FAA Medical Certificate (First or Second Class)
- Military Pilot experience is strongly preferred
- Jet aircraft experience with type ratings desired
- Experience in DeHavilland Twin Otter, Falcon 20, Gulfstream II/IV and single engine Cessna desirable
- Minimum of 2500 hours, including 1000 hours of turbine, at which at least 500 hours Pilot in Command (PIC) time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent highly preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals, departments and organizations
- Ability and willingness to work with irregular hours and work days
- Ability to travel on short notice
- Familiarity with FAA Certification processes and procedures are a plus
- Familiarity with UAS systems is also desired
- Must be able to obtain and maintain government (DoD) clearance
For more information and to apply click HERE
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: 26452
ETPS Test Pilot Instructor – Fixed Wing
ETPS Test Pilot Instructor – Fixed Wing
Job description/Person specification:
Could you be part of the brand-new future of Flight Test Training?
The Empire Test Pilots’ School is recruiting a Fixed Wing Flight Test Instructor to join the School in an exciting period of change, development and growth. ETPS has just acquired a new fleet of G-Registered aircraft to deliver bespoke T&E training in the air and the whole Test Pilot & Flight Test Engineer Course has undergone a significant transformation. To match the cutting-edge technologies introduced in the new aircraft, courseware and ground based learning systems have been completely over-hauled to put ETPS at the fore front of modern training techniques.
ETPS was established over 75 years ago to deliver the best training possible to Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers; that is still our goal today. Our motto ‘Learn to Test, Test to Learn’ is at the heart of our teaching; we aim to teach experienced pilots and aerospace engineers, from around the world, the philosophy and skills required to undertake all forms of test flying, to become qualified Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers. Now accredited as a CAA Approved Training Organisation ETPS delivers EASA compliant T&E Courses to both military and civilian students.
Applicants should be qualified as a Fixed Wing military Test Pilot or hold an EASA Test Pilot rating on their civilian licence. If needed, additional training will be provided to qualify you with an EASA Flight Test Instructor Licence with appropriate civilian Type Ratings for the new fleet of aircraft.
You will join QinetiQ as a civilian employee but will work within a team of military and civilian instructors with experience and knowledge in flight test gained from the real-world testing of current military systems. The role is permanently based at Boscombe Down in Wiltshire and we hope to offer the successful applicant a long-term permanent contract with favourable options for company incentives and attractive pension terms.
If you think you have the skills and dedication to deliver world class training in a new modern environment we would love to hear from you.
Job Reference number is 9925
Job Opening - Avian
AVIAN is seeking a Test Pilot/Pilot/Naval Flight Officer/Naval Air Crewman (Or Other Service Equivalent) to perform flight test operations on one or more of the following aircraft and associated systems and subsystems: C/KC-130, E-2/C-2, C-38, H-53, E-6B, P-3, F/A-18, H-60, P-8, T-6, V-22, VH-3, VH-92, or Group 3, 4 and 5 Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
Positions are contingent upon a contract award to AVIAN.
- Successful applicant will have flight test experience as a pilot, NFO, crew chief, flight engineer, in-flight technician, or similar, in one or more of the above-mentioned platforms (or similar).
- Test Pilot candidates require completion of USNTPS, USAF TPS, Empire TPS, or similar.
- Provide log book information (flight hours by platform) in your resume.
Security Clearance or above required.
Below is a list of job opportunities:
All jobs can be viewd on the careers page on our website at https://avian.xyz/careers/index.php
Headquartered in Lexington Park, Maryland, we relish in the process of cracking open a Maryland blue crab and the delicious reward you get with a little hard work. Our team spans from sea to shining sea supporting the Department of Defense, specifically, the Naval Air Systems Command, the Naval Sea Systems Command, the Office of Naval Research, and the Colorado Department of Transportation.
We’re seeking people that are passionate and excited about creating well-crafted products and memorable experiences with our customers. We are not in the market of automated transactions; we build lasting relationships.
~ AVIAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVIAN recruits, hires, trains and promotes individuals and administers personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other category by applicable federal, state or local law. ~
Flight Safety Officer & SMS Administrator - AeroTEC
Position: Flight Safety Officer & SMS Administrator
Location: Moses Lake, WA
AeroTEC, Inc. is an aerospace flight test, engineering and certification organization that provides development services to aircraft modifiers and OEMs. We are a rapidly growing company in Seattle, WA that was founded in 2001. Our core team is comprised of very talented and experienced aerospace engineers, technicians, mechanics, and support staff. We strive to create a high functioning, collaborative environment where team members can find opportunities for professional growth and innovation.
The Flight Safety Officer & SMS Administrator will lead the safety program for flight and aviation maintenance specific functions. The position will work closely with the Flight Operations Group (Test Pilot, Flight Test Engineer, and Dispatch group), Maintenance and Industrial Safety, to administer the Flight Safety Program. This role requires the significant exercise of independent discretion and judgment in matters of significance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Lead implementation of a Flight Safety Program for an OEM Type Certificate program.
- Establish and operate a comprehensive Safety Management System. Serve as the SMS administrator and key safety officer.
- Collaborate with other company safety managers (EH&S Manager, etc.) and processes.
- Establish safety processes and guidelines and audit cycles.
- Maintain safety guidelines per ICAO annex 19
- Lead organizational Safety Training Sessions and Safety Stand Downs
- Collect and distribute safety concerns.
- Facilitate consensus on safety issues and establish program standards.
- Liaise with FAA, JCAB and NVSB organizations to ensure compliance with governmental standard, policies, practices and regulations.
- Work with the Flight Operations Group (FOG) to ensure robust practices, policies, and procedures.
- Represents company FOG at safety seminars/workshops.
- Advocate and champion non-punitive flight & aircraft maintenance safety culture.
- Conduct and publish Safety Investigation findings.
- Train and oversee safety teams and Deputy Safety Officers.
- Provide an independent aviation safety voice to senior management.
- Assist management to apply sound safety judgement for balance between safety and performance
- Lead the Safety Review Board, comprised of different specialty areas across Moses Lake Flight Test Center.
Level Requirements (Minimum):
- Bachelor's Degree
- Degree in a hard science or engineering field preferred.
- 3+ years of Flight Operations experience
- Experience in a flight test organization preferred
- Safety background (CRM, SMS, Risk Management, etc.)
Are you looking for a challenge? AeroTEC Inc. is composed of ambitious and motivated professionals and we are looking for other talented individuals to join our team. We offer a unique work environment including insurance benefits (100% Medical for employee) as well as a 401K with match, Performance Bonus Pay, a generous vacation policy. If you think you may be a good fit for our team, please respond with your resume and cover letter. AeroTEC Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.