Request for Donations to SETP's Foundations
Dear SETP Member,
On behalf of your Board of Directors, I would like to request your continued support of both the SETP Foundation and Scholarship Foundation.
First thing I’d like you to do to benefit our Foundations is very easy and will not cost you a dime! Please log into your Amazon account using one of the following links:
SETP Scholarship Foundation Link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/95-2479396
SETP Foundation link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/32-0188969
Once logged in, click on the “Yes, change my charity” button. Then remember to only login in to http://smile.amazon.com every time you shop at Amazon (don’t ever log into www.amazon.com again, or your purchase will not help your selected charity)! It’s that easy! Please do it right now and every purchase you make will benefit one of our Foundations! Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your AmazonSmile purchases when you shop at smile.amazon.com. If you use the Amazon app, open the app and find ’Settings’ in the main menu (☰). Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.
SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION - The SETP Scholarship Foundation is a non-profit charitable organization chartered in 1967 to gather, administer and manage scholarships and educational assistance to the children of deceased or disabled SETP members world-wide. Scholarship funds are professionally managed and are solely supported through individual donations. There is no finer way to remember our fallen members than by making a donation to help support the education of their children. Practically speaking, access to this insurance is more than worth the price of membership. The SETP Scholarship Foundation recently approved a process to provide some scholarships to living, active members families! This exciting change will add an additional benefit to SETP members to help offset the ever-growing cost of higher education and trade schools. More information on the Scholarship Foundation can be found at http://www.setp.org/foundation/scholarship-foundation/.
SETP FOUNDATION - The SETP Foundation advances our mission by safeguarding flight test history and investing in our future. The Foundation retains and preserves the Society’s important historical data to include memorabilia, written records, oral histories, reports, photographs and other artifacts of historical significance relating to test pilots and our profession. It also supports educational and mentoring initiatives to enhance our profession for both current and future colleagues. Our partnership with the Flight Test Historical Foundation is a great step towards this goal but it will require your financial help to become a reality.
You can click “Foundations” at the top of the page to process an online credit card donation. If you prefer to mail a check donation to save the Society on the credit card processing fees, please mail it to P.O. Box 986, Lancaster, CA 93584 and be sure to note in the memo which Foundation you would like your donation to be applied to. Donations are tax deductible for US taxpayers. If you are estate planning, please consider including special gifts to our Foundations in your Will or Living Trust.
Your support is essential for our Foundations to thrive and accomplish their charters. On behalf of your new Board of Directors and the SETP Staff, I thank you for your support.
Fly Safe then maximize test points per hour!
Michael “Sting” Wallace (F)
Foundations of SETP
The Mission of the SETP Foundation is:
- To provide flight test educational programs by sponsoring symposia and disseminating educational materials in order to increase the safety and efficiency of flight test and enhance the professional knowledge of test pilots, astronauts, cosmonauts and other aerospace professionals in the field of research and development.
- To provide mentors for educating our youth, while encouraging them to enter flight test or an aerospace-related profession.
Flight Test Safety
- To initiate and sustain a flight test related safety organization intended to promote flight safety, reduce the risk of mishap, promote risk reduction management and continually improve the profession's communication and coordination.
- To develop, implement and maintain a computerized data base, readily available to all members and member organizations, containing flight test-related data collected from the industry.
- To be the world’s leading source of history relating to test pilots and their profession.
- To preserve the historical significance of the accomplishments of test pilots, the SETP, and the aerospace industry by displaying memorabilia, written and oral records, reports, photographs, video, and other artifacts.
- To archive and display such history in a manner that supports and enhances the efforts of flight test education and flight test safety for current and future generations of flight test personnel and the general public.
The primary purpose of the Foundation is to receive, acquire, manage, administer and expend property and funds for scholarships and other forms of educational assistance to children of deceased or disabled Society members.
Scholarships were first awarded in 1967. Since that time the Scholarship Foundation has granted $2,800,000 in educational assistance to more than 140 students. Approximately 12 students per year are expected to attend school with Society assistance. The Scholarship Foundation is solely supported by individual contributions. For every dollar contributed to the Foundation, more than ninety-five cents goes directly to covering the educational expenses of the students. A contribution to the Scholarship Foundation is the ideal way to commemorate a Society member while helping support the children of deceased and disabled members.
Hey Amazon Shoppers! Don't forget, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases when you shop at AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com). SETP has set up 2 links for our charitable organizations that you can choose the donation be made to when you purchase items through AmazonSmile. The links are listed below and we hope you will use them for future Amazon shopping:
http://smile.amazon.com/ch/32-0188969 - Link for SETP Foundation
http://smile.amazon.com/ch/95-2479396 - Link for SETP Scholarship Foundation
Thanks for the support!
You will find interviews with famous test pilots for the Society of Experimental Test Pilots Foundation’s Oral History Program, made possible by the generous support of the Northrop Grumman Corporation and individual donors, for the Society of Experimental Test Pilots Foundation, Lancaster, California.