Test Pilot Tutor - Test Flying Academy of South Africa
Fixed & Rotary Wing Test Pilot Tutors - TFASA
Position Title: Test Pilot Tutor.
Worksite: Far East Asia.
The Test Flying Academy of South Africa are looking to fill a number of new Test Pilot Tutor positions in both Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing disciplines as part of an exciting and challenging new joint venture with a Far East Asian customer. Successful applicants will work as part of a vibrant and cohesive team developing and delivering Fixed Wing or Rotary Wing and Systems flight test course material. New Test Pilot Tutors will be introducing positive and dynamic change; teaching both ground and airborne instruction to test pilot and flight test engineer students. Applicants can anticipate teaching all aspects of the Fixed Wing or Rotary Wing P&FQ and Systems curriculum. The role requires excellent interpersonal skills allowing successful applicants to relate and work well alongside staff and students with a wide range of experience and background. Applicants must be able to explain inherently complex subjects in an instructional manner that can be easily understood and applied by all students.
Required Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Test Pilot Graduate of an SETP recognized test pilot school (Full 12 month/Cat 1/Class A course)
- Degree in Engineering or closely related to flight testing field (or significant equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a test pilot.
- Medically fit to fly.
- Fluent in English.
- Competent in IT skills
Desired Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Six years of flight test experience.
- Test experience with Certification, AFCS, Radar, EO/IR and Comm/Nav systems.
- Previous test pilot school instructional experience.
TFASA offers an outstanding salary and benefits package. There is also occasional travel associated with this position for field trips, student projects, course presentation, and consulting. Initial contract commitment of 5 years with negotiable terms possible.
Interested parties should provide cover letter and resume/CV to:
Aerospace Engineer - USfalcon, Inc
USfalcon, Inc., recognized as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in the United States, is seeking an Aerospace Engineer to work at Fort Eustis, VA.
Please apply online to be appropriately considered: https://careers-usfalcon.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=aerospace+engineer&searchPositionType=2053&searchLocation=12781-12830-Ft.+Eustis
The Aerospace Engineer will provide specialized engineering support services to assist the Aviation Integration Directorate (AID) in the execution of specific technical mission areas.
- Calculate helicopter performance based on test, published, extrapolated or estimated data. Evaluate data for inclusion in helicopter user manuals.
- Work collaboratively with Program Manager, Government Crewmembers, TAPO, SOMPE, and affiliated contractors to integrate the performance data into Mission Planning software and the Common Avionics Architecture System (CAAS).
- Serve as the PM SP2100 liaison to the Safety of Flight Review Board (SOFRB).
- Prepare and present technical and historical documents for the SOFRB.
- Recommend, justify, track, and distribute airworthiness release documents, including but not limited to Airworthiness Releases, Army Change Notices, and Army Repair/Replace reports.
- Perform technical writing.
- Occasional travel within the continental US.
- Additional duties as assigned
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Knowledgeable in helicopter performance theory, performance models and performance flight test data.
- Knowledgeable in helicopter mission planning tools for calculating performance and mission planning parameters.
- Knowledgeable in helicopter mechanical operation and flight critical subsystems.
- Knowledgeable in helicopter operations and use of operator manuals, weight and balance calculations, etc.
- Knowledgeable in the process and documentation of helicopter airworthiness.
- Knowledgeable in preparing technical reports, flight test plans, technical findings, and airworthiness substantiation documents.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in aeronautics, mechanical or electrical engineering from an accredited engineering college
Clearance: Secret security clearance and must be able to obtain a Top-Secret Clearance
Job Opening - Aurora Flight Sciences, Flight Test Pilot
Flight Test Pilot
# of openings:
Aurora Flight Sciences is seeking both rotary-wing and fixed-wing flight test pilots to support the development of highly advanced autonomous aircraft systems. Aurora is developing the next generation of aircraft, both manned and unmanned, and is looking for outstanding pilots and engineers to lead our test programs.
This job requires a combination of engineering and flight test skills. The candidate will take an active role in the development, test planning, and test execution of cutting-edge new technology and products. This is your opportunity to test, evaluate and influence the aircraft of the future.
Flight test pilots are actively engaged in the full test program for our manned and unmanned experimental aircraft, from development of a Test and Engineering Master Plan (TEMP) to test execution and reporting. Organization, strategic thinking, and planning skills are essential. This is a multi-disciplinary role that interacts with multiple internal and external organizations, so written and verbal communication skills are critical. Specific responsibilities for this position include:
· Support development, operation and demonstration of autonomous aircraft systems.
· Serve as Pilot In Command of experimental / developmental aircraft.
· Lead and/or participate in system design and design reviews (commensurate with background engineering discipline).
· Develop test strategies, test plans and test procedures for the aerospace vehicles and components given systems requirements.
· Lead and/or participate in ground and flight test events as Test Conductor or Test Crew member.
· Collect and analyze test data and compile detailed test reports.
· Graduate of recognized test pilot school (USAF TPS, USNTPS, NTPS, etc) required.
· Minimum 1500 hours flight time required
· For rotary-wing applicants, significant multi-engine, heavy helicopter experience (S-76, H-60, H-53, H-1, etc) required
· For fixed-wing applicants, 1000 hours multi-engine fixed wing flight time desired
· Strong technical foundation and skills in one or more of the following engineering disciplines:
o Mechanical / Structures
· Must have direct experience in the conduct of ground and flight test of aerospace vehicles.
· Must have direct experience developing and/or reviewing test strategies. Test & Evaluation Master Plans (TEMPS); test objective definition, test procedure generation and review, test execution and test reporting.
· Be able to interface routinely with a multi-disciplined team to include military and government customers, team contractors and various subcontractors.
· Be independent and motivated; able to self-direct and manage time
· Be able to travel 20% of time to support CONUS activities
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· BS in physical science or engineering and a minimum of 6 years of professional experience.
· MUST BE A US person (Government contracts, no clearance required)
· Have, or have the ability to obtain, a 2nd class FAA medical certificate
Aurora Flight Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Flight Safety Officer & SMS Administrator - AeroTEC
Position: Flight Safety Officer & SMS Administrator
Location: Moses Lake, WA
AeroTEC, Inc. is an aerospace flight test, engineering and certification organization that provides development services to aircraft modifiers and OEMs. We are a rapidly growing company in Seattle, WA that was founded in 2001. Our core team is comprised of very talented and experienced aerospace engineers, technicians, mechanics, and support staff. We strive to create a high functioning, collaborative environment where team members can find opportunities for professional growth and innovation.
The Flight Safety Officer & SMS Administrator will lead the safety program for flight and aviation maintenance specific functions. The position will work closely with the Flight Operations Group (Test Pilot, Flight Test Engineer, and Dispatch group), Maintenance and Industrial Safety, to administer the Flight Safety Program. This role requires the significant exercise of independent discretion and judgment in matters of significance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Lead implementation of a Flight Safety Program for an OEM Type Certificate program.
- Establish and operate a comprehensive Safety Management System. Serve as the SMS administrator and key safety officer.
- Collaborate with other company safety managers (EH&S Manager, etc.) and processes.
- Establish safety processes and guidelines and audit cycles.
- Maintain safety guidelines per ICAO annex 19
- Lead organizational Safety Training Sessions and Safety Stand Downs
- Collect and distribute safety concerns.
- Facilitate consensus on safety issues and establish program standards.
- Liaise with FAA, JCAB and NVSB organizations to ensure compliance with governmental standard, policies, practices and regulations.
- Work with the Flight Operations Group (FOG) to ensure robust practices, policies, and procedures.
- Represents company FOG at safety seminars/workshops.
- Advocate and champion non-punitive flight & aircraft maintenance safety culture.
- Conduct and publish Safety Investigation findings.
- Train and oversee safety teams and Deputy Safety Officers.
- Provide an independent aviation safety voice to senior management.
- Assist management to apply sound safety judgement for balance between safety and performance
- Lead the Safety Review Board, comprised of different specialty areas across Moses Lake Flight Test Center.
Level Requirements (Minimum):
- Bachelor's Degree
- Degree in a hard science or engineering field preferred.
- 3+ years of Flight Operations experience
- Experience in a flight test organization preferred
- Safety background (CRM, SMS, Risk Management, etc.)
Are you looking for a challenge? AeroTEC Inc. is composed of ambitious and motivated professionals and we are looking for other talented individuals to join our team. We offer a unique work environment including insurance benefits (100% Medical for employee) as well as a 401K with match, Performance Bonus Pay, a generous vacation policy. If you think you may be a good fit for our team, please respond with your resume and cover letter. AeroTEC Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.