Test Pilot Senior Staff - Lockheed Martin
Test pilot position open at Lockheed Martin in Palmdale, CA. Please click HERE for more information and to apply. Be sure to enter position 415463BR in the quick job search field. The job is referenced as Test Pilot Senior Staff.
Chief Test Pilot (CIS) - AeroVironment
Chief Test Pilot (CIS)
Simi Valley, CA
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems, tactical missile systems and electric vehicle charging and test systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we’ve been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 40 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world’s most widely used military drones, pioneered today’s advanced EV charging technologies, created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution’s permanent collection in Washington, DC. Join us today in developing the next generation of solutions from small UAS and tactical missile systems to tomorrow’s electric vehicle charging and test systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty – and succeed.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Large UAS (LUAS) Chief Test Pilot plans and conducts flight test activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be the initial instructor pilot and perform as a flight test pilot during Development Flight Test (DT) and Operational Utility Assessment (OUA) flights.
- Develop plans and policies, monitors operations, and advises the LUAS program management on all matters pertaining to flight test.
- Write nominal and emergency test procedures.
- Conduct flight tests to evaluate structural integrity, performance, handling characteristics, reliability, and suitability of aircraft and systems.
- Identify design and operational deficiencies and recommend improvements.
- Prepare technical flight test reports and recommendations for design improvements.
- Provide subject matter expertise in human system interface issues.
- Lead development of operators’ manual and pilot training and certification program.
- Supervise all assigned pilots and serves as Instructor Pilot for the ground and flight school.
Required Qualifications & Background
- Minimum of 5 years fixed-wing Developmental Test & Evaluation (DT&E) envelope expansion experience.
- Must have completed a formal Test Pilot School, Experimental Test Pilot Course.
- Must have recent flight test/operational experience, preferably with large Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
- Must have recent flight test/operational Crew Resource Management (CRM) experience.
- Must have Commercial Instrument rating.
- Currency in manned aircraft a plus.
- FAA experience a plus, such as Experimental Airworthiness Certification, Part 25 Certification, Flight Test Pilot Designated Engineering Representative (DER) credentials.
This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AV designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and efficient electric energy systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company’s hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. Commercial and governmental entities use AV’s clean transportation solutions such as electric vehicle test systems and electric vehicle fast charge systems, as well as its clean energy solutions. More information about AV is available at www.avinc.com.
How To Apply For Employment
Prior to submitting your response, we encourage you to review our company web site, to learn more about us.
Our URL is: http://www.avinc.com. Principals only need apply. NO agencies need respond.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity.
Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Job Posting SIMI Chief Test Pilot – 17-260 111717
Senior Project Pilot - Leonardo DRS
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services, and support to military forces, intelligence agencies, and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture, and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Job Location: Washington, D.C. Area
Job Title: Senior Project Pilot
Leonardo DRS is seeking an exceptionally qualified and proven Experimental Test Pilot to fill the position of Senior Project Pilot to join our recognized team of experts to provide a solution for the U.S. Air Force’s APT T-X program. Leonardo DRS ties together an exceptional T-100 Integrated Training Systems Team (ITS) comprised of Leonardo Aircraft’s world class aircraft powered by Honeywell engines integrated with state-of the-art ground-based training from CAE USA. The T-100 Air Vehicle is purpose-built for a wide range of training capabilities, long-term reliability, and cost effective operations. These characteristics – along with its proven integrated training system comprised of Simulators and Ground Based Training devices – make the T-100 ITS the best solution to train today’s next generation of fighter pilots. For additional information on the T-100 ITS program, please visit our T-X Program website.
The Senior Project Pilot position provides leadership to the test pilot team in the development and demonstration of the T-100 aircraft and the interfaces to the Ground Based Training System. The Project Pilot works with the IPT team member, making contributions to all IPTs and ensuring that all ground and flight tasks and operations can be conducted in a safe and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides test pilot skills in all areas of Development Test and Evaluation (DT&E).
- Integrates with the customer to form an effective Combined Test Force.
- Develops and sets standards for test execution, techniques, and reporting criteria.
- Participates in the development of and testing of man-machine-interface concepts, formats, and crew station operational sequences.
- Supports Engineering by providing pilot evaluation on the severity of failure modes and the adequacy of system information in the evaluation of abnormal events.
- Reviews and analyzes all flight test activities to determine the adequacy of the test progression to insure logical sequencing and safe increments in each test discipline.
- Defines the training requirements and qualifications of subordinate experimental and engineering test pilots and production test pilots in accordance with all customer and regulatory requirements
- Approves all cockpit implementations for efficiency in flight operations for all normal and abnormal flight regimes.
- Accountable for making the T-100 Air Vehicle capabilities available for delivery to customer.
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Graduate of accredited Test Pilot School.
- Bachelor degree required; BS in engineering or natural science highly desired.
- Master Degree preferred in engineering or natural science or business administration highly desired.
- Minimum of 10 years’ flight test experience in DT&E roles in tactical jets or tactical jet trainers.
- Experience as an industry Experimental Test Pilot highly desired.
- Experience as an advanced jet instructor pilot highly desired.
- Experience in high AoA, FQ&P, structural envelope expansion highly desired.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in flight test environment.
- Demonstrated ability to explain flight test/simulator events to engineers in engineering terms.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to author and present effective presentations to various audiences.
- Exhibit broad experience with Air Vehicle flight characteristics, design, development, integration and test programs.
- Proven track record of working with international partners and suppliers to develop and deliver training solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to lead, collaborate and work effectively with all levels of internal and external leadership as part of an international team.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must possess a current active Secret Clearance or above.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lead Test Pilot - Honeywell
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Lead flight tests as pilot in command to develop, certify, and demonstrate Honeywell Aerospace products providing accurate, repeatable, and cost effective data for our internal Honeywell customers. You will design flight test plans, supervise flight crew members, and ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations. You will evaluate and recommend changes to products to better meet the pilot's needs or to
improve safety. You will be the subject matter expert as products are demonstrated to end users.
Grow pilot skills to maintain proficiency in multiple, diverse aircraft types while executing flight test plans of new and often one-of-a-kind products.
Develop effective flight test plans along with flight test engineering to assess a product’s performance and ensure it meets the highest quality and safety standards. Create and implement plans to achieve department goals and ensure best in class flight testing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation or Engineering
- Minimum of multi-engine Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) rating
- Ability to hold a FAA Class II Medical
- Ability to pass pilot in command proficiency check in the type of aircraft to be flown
- Experience in engineering flight test
- Formal flight test training highly desirable
- 2,000 flight hours of pilot time
- 500 flight hours in turbine powered aircraft
- Knowledge of regulations and standards in aircraft testing
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements. Exempt Interface with Engineering and Marketing TeamsCertify Safety of Flight ProductsTest Flight Planning and DesignAircraft and Systems PreparationDevelop New Techniques, Test Standards
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD10582
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: 111 S 34th St, Phoenix, AZ USA
Test Pilot Sr Staff / Advanced Programs - Lockheed Martin
Job Title: Test Pilot
You my also search by visiting http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us.html -click on careers-enter positon number 409205BR.
NASA Research Pilot Engineer
NASA is helping transform aviation by developing advanced technologies for revolutionary aircraft shapes and propulsion, and for the airspace in which they fly, which dramatically improve efficiency, reduce noise and maintain safety in more crowded skies. This position is assigned to NASA Glenn Research Center; Aircraft Operations Office, located in Cleveland, OH. Shaping the World of Tomorrow NASA
The NASA Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, Ohio designs and develops innovative technology to advance NASA’s missions in aeronautics and space exploration.
You will be piloting aircraft used in research, development, and test programs; evaluating test parameters and results; performing flight and ground simulations of advanced missions and aircrafts; and participating in the development, design, testing, evaluation, and reporting on new aircraft concepts and new advanced aircraft systems.
You must apply via: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479628000
Please see the announcement for job requirements and qualifications.