E-2/C-2 Test Pilot - KBRwyle
E-2/C-2 Test Pilot (AERO-MD-PA-17:068)
Category: Aviation/Flight Engineering
Group: Aerospace Group
Location: Patuxent River, MD
This position supports tasking at VX-20, onboard NAS Patuxent River, MD. The successful candidate will actively participate in E-2C/D and/or C-2A flight testing as an engineering test pilot and test project officer. Candidate will be required to perform a variety of tasks including participation in technical meetings, analysis of test requirements, test plan preparation, drafting detailed test procedures, pre-flight planning, conducting functional check flights and engineering test flights, data collection during flight test events, post-flight liaison with maintenance and engineering representatives and report writing. Most work will be conducted on-site at NAS Patuxent River, MD; however some domestic travel will be required in support of flight test activities and detachments.
Education/Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and ten (10) years of flight experience are required. Degree in engineering, physical sciences, mathematics, computer science or related technical discipline is desired. A minimum of 1500 hours in the E-2 and/or C-2 aircraft are required. Past (required) or current (desired) designation as a Carrier AEW Plane Commander or C-2A Transport Plane Commander is required. Two (2) years RDT&E flight experience desired, but not required. Current or former designation as a NATOPS Instructor Pilot strongly desired. Graduate of one of the following: U.S. Naval Test Pilot School (TPS), U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School, Empire Test Pilot School or EPNER Test Pilot School is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Candidate must be able to organize, demonstrate effective oral and written communications, and operate in a highly dynamic and fast-paced team environment. Candidate must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point) and similar computer –based productivity applications. Candidate must be able to pass the physical and training qualification requirements to provide contract aircrew support, including completion of Navy water survival and aviation physiology training, as well as annual FAA Class II flight physical.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For consideration, please complete an online application through the following link: http://kbrwyle.jobs/patuxent-river-md/e-2c-2-test-pilot/9D80297B102D4CF48F81B854DB58E2C7/job/
Aviation Safety Lead - Google
Please see below links for information regarding a job opening at Google.
Postion: Aviation Safety Lead
Contact careers.google.com to apply.
Applied Minds - Combat Pilot Consultant
CONSULTING OPPORTUNITY FOR EXPERT COMBAT PILOT
APPLIED MINDS is looking for highly-experienced former (non-active duty) fighter pilots, to act as design, operations, and human factors consultants on a challenging project to invent the future combat pilot control interface modalities. Experience across multiple high-performance platforms is desirable, as well as combat experience with US Air Force 4th, and some familiarity with 5th generation fighters.
Founded in 2000, Applied Minds draws on the talents of nearly 150 employees and a network of external subject matter experts to innovate by working across the disciplines of art, design, science, and engineering. We help government organizations and Tier 1 & 2 contractors innovate in the development and application of new creative concepts, technologies and products.
Our work encompasses human machine interface design, user experience design, conceptual design, creative problem solving, hardware and software development, and rapid prototyping. The company works equally in the defense and industrial sectors, as well as directly for the US Government.
Specific topics to be covered within this project include, but which do not need to be within the previous experience of the applicant are:
- 1. Next generation Human Machine Interfaces for high performance aircraft
- 2. Data visualization, displays, flight control, & user experience design
- 3. Flight management, advanced automation software, and enhanced SA
- 4. Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, & Expert Systems
- 5. Sensor fusion, processing, correlation, data reduction, and presentation
- 6. Massive database management, data analytics, and processing
- 7. Common sense, and context based data analytics, and interactive systems
- 8. Human / AI interaction and cooperation
US citizenship is required, and prior or active security clearance is a plus.
Qualified and interested candidates, please apply here to be considered for this position:
Lead Test Pilot - Honeywell
Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity.
Lead Test Pilot - FAA
Location: Phoenix, AZ (Deer Valley)
The Lead Test Pilot at the Honeywell Flight Test Operations Deer Valley site is accountable for the professional standards and performance as a flight crew member.
The duties of the Lead Test Pilot include:
- Active participation as a Pilot (PIC or SIC) in Flight Test Operations missions at the Site, providing Cross –Site pilot support as appropriate to Department needs and providing a superior example in the area of professional standards, operational performance, training and safety
- Utilize Honeywell Flight Test Aircraft to develop, test, certify and demonstrate aerospace products produced by the company.
- Utilize standard operating procedures and ensuring all Site flight crew members understand and comply with the requirements of the Honeywell Flight Test Operations Manual
- Supporting, supervising and directing aircraft crews, including the scheduling of flight crew members to best meet the mission requirements of the Company, Department and Site
- Piloting for the purpose of executive transportation may be an occasional duty
- Interface and participation with engineering, marketing and sales, media and communications, as well as external customers in general, business, regional, air transport and military aviation will be part of a team effort to meet the needs of our customers in all these areas
- Participation in design, evaluation, testing, data collection, documentation of performance and certification of a wide variety of Honeywell Aerospace products is integral to the job
- Conduct of periodic personnel evaluations to ensure superior levels of performance
- Participate in an active aviation safety program (i.e. Safety Management System) per the requirements of the Flight Test Operations Manual Representing the company in aviation matters to trade and general media, trade associations, the FAA, state or municipal aviation bodies, airport management, community organizations and contract agencies
- Honeywell Flight Test Pilots also participate in supporting the internal operations of the Department as team members responsible for record keeping, training, flight planning, test planning
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five plus years relevant experience in the Aerospace industry
- Must be a US person (US citizen, US permanent resident or individual with protected status i.e. asylum/refugee) due to US export control laws and regulations.
- Holds a valid Airline Transport Pilot License or equivalent military experience
- Flight text operations experience highly desired.
- Holds a Type Rating for one of the types of aircraft operated at the Site or in an aircraft acceptable to the site leader.
- Qualified in accordance with FAA and Honeywell Flight Test Operations training requirements to act as a Pilot-in-Command of one of the following aircraft: CE500, BE90, PC-12, DA-EASY, E170/190 or other aircraft acceptable to the site leader.
- 3,000 hours minimum pilot experience for turbine powered aircraft or aircraft requiring a type rating.
- 100 hours minimum total pilot time in the Category and Class (and type if a type rating is required) unless the aircraft is a new type in which no pilots have accrued 100 hours
- Prior experience with avionics or engines product development, flight test, demonstration flying and/or FAA Certification highly valued
- Prior experience with Honeywell Management Operating Systems, Quality Management Systems, Safety Management Systems and/or Aircraft Operations a plus
All applicants for placement in DOT/FAA safety-sensitive positions will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug test, testing for Amphetamines, Cocaine, Marijuana, Opiates and Phencyclidine (PCP). The DOT/FAA regulations require all employees, regular and temporary, in safety-sensitive positions, to be included in the Honeywell Anti-drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Plan.
Test Operations Lead - LMCO
Req ID :
Job Code/Title :
E1455:Aeronautical Engineer Sr Stf
Job Description :
The successful candidate will be an experienced Lead Flight Test Engineer. Candidate will be acting in the role as a Test Operations Lead in a CTF. Other duties include Flight Test Engineering functions at the Aeronautics Advanced Development Program (ADP) Skunk Works in Palmdale, CA. Required skills include: Flight Test Management, Mission Control Room (MCR) experience as a Test Conductor and Test Director. Additional duties include leading mission rehearsals, simulation support, pre-flight analysis, ground and flight test card development and execution; and post-flight data review/analysis. Responsible for the safe and efficient conduct of test missions and provide technical support and direction to a flight test team of aircrew, control room engineers and subject matter experts during test flights.
The position will require control and tracking of aircraft configuration, issuance, and closure of documentation relating to work performed on the aircraft, coordination of aircraft modifications, coordinating and staging of support equipment, developing and maintaining aircraft and team test schedules, and coordinating with other organizations associated with test readiness. Primary tasks including execution of ground and flight tests as Lead Flight Test Engineer, requiring the ability to clearly transfer detailed test plans into detailed test cards to effectively perform test procedures and manage the test missions in order to obtain test objectives. The applicant must be able to effectively communicate, direct, interact and lead other test team members to achieve test success. Understanding of aircraft systems and capabilities, with multiple systems using embedded software and integrated avionics, is needed in order to assist in the development of realistic test procedures. Will also develop and maintain training curriculum, train less experienced team members, and maintain training records.
Travel, overtime, odd shifts, and weekend work may be required. This position will act as the principal focal point between maintenance, engineering and flight crew. Must possess ability to interface with all levels of Combined Test Force and customer management. Flight Test facility and control room and supporting architecture management preferred.
Aircraft flying experience as a pilot or crewmember is a valued asset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. An active Top Secret security clearance is required.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
* Flight Test/Test Operations Leadership Experience
* Flight Test Mission Experience (Test Conductor/Test Director)) in a Combined Test Force
* Crew Resource Management Qualified (CRM)
* Must have a Top Secret to start and be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
* Bachelor's or above engineering/technical degree with 10-14 plus years of professional experience
* Aeronautical Engineering degree
* Pilot or former aircrew member
* Demonstrated above average verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-motivated, independent, ability to prioritize and multi-task, strong sense of personal accountability; strive for continuous self-improvement.
* Experience with MS Office applications and toolsets, experience working with LM applications and other electronic tools: Matlab, Simulink, JEDI, ATLAS, PDM, and JDL.
* Able and willing to accommodate a dynamic environment, work schedule, overtime and weekends.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Palmdale California
Security Clearance :
Flight Test and Demonstration Pilot - Textron Aviation
Flight Test and Demonstration Pilot-253511
This position is for an experienced flight test and demonstration pilot or weapons system operator, and will report directly to the Textron Aviation Chief Pilot for Government and Special Missions aircraft. Candidate will be primarily responsible for conducting mission and weapons systems development, flight test and customer demonstration flights (as applicable) on the Scorpion aircraft. Substantial direct support to various Business Development efforts will also be required. Additional responsibilities will include flights to off-site international destinations as well as engineering flight testing of new and existing Textron Aviation aircraft. Candidate will provide flight test technical support for experimental aircraft and payload systems development in a rapid design and prototyping environment, and must collaborate and communicate effectively with multiple engineering disciplines.