NTPS - Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor
Position Title: Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor.
Worksite: Mojave, CA.
Come and join the World’s Test Pilot School! The National Test Pilot School is the World’s Leading Total Flight Test Training and Education Organization and we are looking to fill a Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor position. You will work as part of a close team developing and delivering Fixed Wing and Systems flight test course material. In this role you will be teaching both ground and airborne instruction to test pilot and flight test engineer students. You can anticipate teaching all aspects of the Fixed Wing P&FQ and Systems curriculum. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to relate and work well with people with a wide range of experience and from diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain inherently complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students.
Required Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Test Pilot Graduate of an SETP recognized test pilot school (Full 12 month/Cat 1/Class A course)
- Bachelor’s & Master’s Degree in Engineering or field closely related to flight testing (or significant equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Fixed Wing experimental test pilot.
- FAA Class II medical or equivalent.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Desired Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Ten years of Fixed Wing flight test experience.
- Test experience with Civil Certification, Radar, EO/IR and Comm/Nav systems.
- Previous test pilot school instructional experience.
- FAA Commercial Pilot License; Single-Engine & Multi-Engine Airplane, Instrument & CFI ratings.
- EASA Category I Test Pilot rating and Flight Test Instructor rating.
- NVG Experience
NTPS offers a competitive salary, 401k retirement plan, and benefits package. There is occasional travel associated with this position for field trips, student projects, course presentation, and consulting.
Interested parties should provide cover letter and resume/CV to:
Nigel Speedy, Head of Training
Space Operations Engineer - SpaceX
Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SPACE OPERATIONS ENGINEER
Are you passionate about human spaceflight? Do you enjoy complex technical systems and thrive in situations others might find stressful? Can you mentally decompose complicated operations methodically into constituent steps? If you are a collaborative engineer excited to contribute to the future of human spaceflight, the Space Operations Engineering role could be the challenge you've been looking for.
The SpaceX Space Operations Team is revolutionizing spaceflight operations for our current and future missions: cargo and crew Dragon, private astronaut flights, and interplanetary exploration. The team is responsible for all facets of the safe and efficient delivery of astronauts and cargo in space. To support that goal, the Operations Development team conducts the mission planning, sustaining engineering, operational product development and introduction of new operations on each mission. As a space operations engineer, you will be responsible for developing the detailed concept of operations and resulting products the ground controllers and flight crew will need to execute the mission.
As a member of the team, you will learn how to fly the Dragon spacecraft from SpaceX's Mission Control Center. In turn, you will use your skills and firsthand experience to develop future operations plans and products the flight controllers will use for current and future missions.
Helping to lead spacecraft operations requires mental dexterity, rigorous technical understanding of the spacecraft’s systems, and a deep understanding of contingency scenarios. Your contributions will help SpaceX successfully execute cargo and human spaceflight missions, and to achieve our goal of making life interplanetary.
The Space Operations team is looking for operators with experience in several specialty areas including orbit mechanics, crew operations, communication systems and general system knowledge.
- Develop mission plans, operational procedures, and other real-time products for future Dragon missions in coordination with SpaceX Responsible Engineers
- Support Dragon mission preparations
- Support operations coordination with technical and programmatic contacts at SpaceX and NASA
- Participate in operations training, with the goal of taking a lead operational role in Dragon missions
- Develop, champion, and lead special projects to advance the state of SpaceX operations
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science discipline
- 3+ years of experience in engineering test, integration, or flight operations for complex systems
- Real time operations experience on a complex system that has high consequences in the event of failure (such as pilot, flight test engineer, spacecraft operator, high performance automotive, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience leading teams and/or projects (informal project management experience or university club technical management qualifies)
- Experience programming (e.g. Matlab, Python, Java, C++, etc.)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in an engineering or science discipline
- Technical knowledge of spacecraft systems and operations (e.g. communications, orbital mechanics, avionics, propulsion, thermal control, life support systems)
- Knowledge of basic orbital mechanics
- Strong written and verbal communication of technical information
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role working through design requirements, test acceptance, and verification (a bonus for working with a government customer such as NASA)
- Previous experience working with interdisciplinary teams to solve complex problems
- Self-motivated with proven leadership skills
- Able to effectively manage numerous projects and tasks at a time, while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Thrives under pressure and is resilient in the face of technical challenges
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Insatiable hunger for continuous improvement and innovation
- Flexibility required including long hours and weekend work when necessary to support operations and critical project timelines
- Position is subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
To apply: Space Operations Engineer
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Openings (4) - Garmin
ENGINEERED ON THE INSIDE FOR LIFE ON THE OUTSIDE.
We are growing! Come join Garmin’s team of talented engineers designing and certifying world-class avionics in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! Garmin AT, located in Salem, Oregon is looking for engineers and pilots passionate about aviation, avionics and Garmin products to provide project and technical leadership for complex avionic development and certification. You will work with product development teams on new products, solve difficult engineering problems, and work toward certification for Garmin avionic installation in FAR (Federal Aviation Regulations) 23, 25, 27 and 29 aircraft.
We are looking for aviation professionals for the following positions:
- Flight Test Pilots (Fixed Wing and/or Rotorcraft)
- Flight Test Engineers
- Aviation Installation Technicians
- Aircraft Systems Engineers
- Aircraft Systems Engineer – Rotorcraft Flight Controls
If you bring knowledge of avionics and experience in general aviation or rotorcraft, we want to meet you!
At Garmin, we strive to develop innovative, high-quality, state-of-the-art products that inspire our customers in their adventures. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. The foundation of our culture is honesty, integrity, and respect for associates, customers, and business partners. Each associate is fully committed to serving customers and fellow associates through outstanding performance and accomplishing what we say we will do. Garmin offers a very competitive benefit package, designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
If you are not currently looking for a position, pass our openings to your friends! Not an aviation professional? Many other opportunities are now posted at all Garmin locations around the country.
Please visit the following links for job descriptions and information:
Aircraft Systems Engineer - https://garmin.taleo.net/careersection/2012_garmin_exp_tech/jobdetail.ftl?job=1800176&tz=GMT-07%3A00
Job Opening - Avian
AVIAN is seeking a Test Pilot/Pilot/Naval Flight Officer/Naval Air Crewman (Or Other Service Equivalent) to perform flight test operations on one or more of the following aircraft and associated systems and subsystems: C/KC-130, E-2/C-2, C-38, H-53, E-6B, P-3, F/A-18, H-60, P-8, T-6, V-22, VH-3, VH-92, or Group 3, 4 and 5 Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
Positions are contingent upon a contract award to AVIAN.
- Successful applicant will have flight test experience as a pilot, NFO, crew chief, flight engineer, in-flight technician, or similar, in one or more of the above-mentioned platforms (or similar).
- Test Pilot candidates require completion of USNTPS, USAF TPS, Empire TPS, or similar.
- Provide log book information (flight hours by platform) in your resume.
Security Clearance or above required.
Below is a list of job opportunities:
All jobs can be viewd on the careers page on our website at https://avian.xyz/careers/index.php
Headquartered in Lexington Park, Maryland, we relish in the process of cracking open a Maryland blue crab and the delicious reward you get with a little hard work. Our team spans from sea to shining sea supporting the Department of Defense, specifically, the Naval Air Systems Command, the Naval Sea Systems Command, the Office of Naval Research, and the Colorado Department of Transportation.
We’re seeking people that are passionate and excited about creating well-crafted products and memorable experiences with our customers. We are not in the market of automated transactions; we build lasting relationships.
~ AVIAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVIAN recruits, hires, trains and promotes individuals and administers personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other category by applicable federal, state or local law. ~
Job Opening-Lead Test Pilot Honeywell
Lead and determine airworthiness of Honeywell's aircrafts through inspection, flight testing and evaluation of flight performance, engine operation and flight characteristics. You will design flight tests, supervise technical staff, participate in accident investigation and ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations. You will recommend changes to aircraft to better meet the pilot's needs or to improve flight. You will be the subject matter expert and ensure the highest levels of flight safety and comfort.
- Provide the safest and most reliable travel experience for Honeywell executives through efficient and thorough flight testing
- Develop effective flight testing methodologies to assess an airplane's performance and ensure it meets the highest quality and safety standards
- Create and implement plans to achieve department goals and ensure best in class flight testing
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3000 flight hours in turbine powered aircraft Airline Transport Rating, Airline Transport
- Pilots License (ATPL)
- Multi engine land and appropriate Type rating
- FAA ATP Certificate - Airplane, Multi-Engine Land
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation or Engineering
- Rotorcraft - Helicopter Instrument Rating – Rotorcraft or Helicopter
- Extensive experience in flight testing and inspection
- Experience in engineering flight testing of experimental types of aircraft or the solution of technical engineering problems at a professional level
- Proven knowledge of all safety requirements for compliance
- Knowledge of regulations and standards in aircraft testing
To apply visit:
https://www.honeywell.com/careers and use req# HRD27926
Job Openings - MTSI