Helicopter Test Pilot
JOB TITLE: Helicopter Test Pilot
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Helicopter Test Pilot Supporting flight test of USAF Combat Rescue Helicopter Program (HH-60W)
ORGANIZATION: 413 Flight Test Squadron (FLTS), Hurlburt Field FL
GRADE: Term Over hire NH-04
SALARY RANGE: $100,000-$120,000 Base Pay
LOCATION: Duke Field, FL
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 2
1. Ability to conduct developmental rotary-wing aircraft flight test including performance, flying and handling qualities and system integration.
2. In-depth knowledge of military aircraft operations, flight safety, flight test safety, ground safety, weapons safety, aircrew training, aircrew standardization and evaluation, test and evaluation, and aircrew personnel equipment and survival training.
3. Ten years of military pilot rated officer experience with active military/government flight experience within the last 4 years is highly desired. A minimum of 2,000 flight hours, of which 1,500 hours rotary-wing and 500 hours night-vision device experience is highly desired. At least 75 hours of instrument flying and a minimum of 100 hours instructor time is highly desired. Prior experience as an evaluator pilot is highly desired. Maintenance Test Flight/Functional Check Flight and/or Operational Test Flight experience is desired. Graduate of accredited Test Pilot School is desired. H-60A/G/L and/or H-60M experience is required. UH-1 experience desired.
4. Ability to perform frequent and regular flights in high performance military aircraft associated with training, evaluation, test and test support military flight activity is required.
5. Ability to plan, organize and direct the functions and mentor, motivate and appraise subordinate personnel is required. Ability to analyze, plan and adjust work operations to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources is required. Ability to manage programs and/or functional areas on behalf of Squadron Leadership is required.
6. Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a broad range of contacts.
Flight Safety Officer & SMS Administrator - AeroTEC
Position: Flight Safety Officer & SMS Administrator
Location: Moses Lake, WA
AeroTEC, Inc. is an aerospace flight test, engineering and certification organization that provides development services to aircraft modifiers and OEMs. We are a rapidly growing company in Seattle, WA that was founded in 2001. Our core team is comprised of very talented and experienced aerospace engineers, technicians, mechanics, and support staff. We strive to create a high functioning, collaborative environment where team members can find opportunities for professional growth and innovation.
The Flight Safety Officer & SMS Administrator will lead the safety program for flight and aviation maintenance specific functions. The position will work closely with the Flight Operations Group (Test Pilot, Flight Test Engineer, and Dispatch group), Maintenance and Industrial Safety, to administer the Flight Safety Program. This role requires the significant exercise of independent discretion and judgment in matters of significance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Lead implementation of a Flight Safety Program for an OEM Type Certificate program.
- Establish and operate a comprehensive Safety Management System. Serve as the SMS administrator and key safety officer.
- Collaborate with other company safety managers (EH&S Manager, etc.) and processes.
- Establish safety processes and guidelines and audit cycles.
- Maintain safety guidelines per ICAO annex 19
- Lead organizational Safety Training Sessions and Safety Stand Downs
- Collect and distribute safety concerns.
- Facilitate consensus on safety issues and establish program standards.
- Liaise with FAA, JCAB and NVSB organizations to ensure compliance with governmental standard, policies, practices and regulations.
- Work with the Flight Operations Group (FOG) to ensure robust practices, policies, and procedures.
- Represents company FOG at safety seminars/workshops.
- Advocate and champion non-punitive flight & aircraft maintenance safety culture.
- Conduct and publish Safety Investigation findings.
- Train and oversee safety teams and Deputy Safety Officers.
- Provide an independent aviation safety voice to senior management.
- Assist management to apply sound safety judgement for balance between safety and performance
- Lead the Safety Review Board, comprised of different specialty areas across Moses Lake Flight Test Center.
Level Requirements (Minimum):
- Bachelor's Degree
- Degree in a hard science or engineering field preferred.
- 3+ years of Flight Operations experience
- Experience in a flight test organization preferred
- Safety background (CRM, SMS, Risk Management, etc.)
Are you looking for a challenge? AeroTEC Inc. is composed of ambitious and motivated professionals and we are looking for other talented individuals to join our team. We offer a unique work environment including insurance benefits (100% Medical for employee) as well as a 401K with match, Performance Bonus Pay, a generous vacation policy. If you think you may be a good fit for our team, please respond with your resume and cover letter. AeroTEC Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.