Sponsored by SETP
The Friend of the Society was established in 1995 as a means for the Society of Experimental Test Pilots to pay tribute to individuals or organizations who have provided an exceptional and notable contribution to the operation and the objectives of the Society. The Friend of the Society is not a member of SETP and there is no requirement for a Friend of the Society to be awarded every year. Honorees will be announced at the annual Awards Banquet where they will receive public recognition and a commemorative plaque. The identity of the Honoree(s) is maintained secret until the award's announcement.
1. Candidates may not be members of the Society and it is preferred that candidates not be eligible for membership in the Society.
2. The candidate must, over a significant time period, have made a significant contribution to the operation support and the objectives of the Society.
1. Nominations will be solicited by the SETP Board of Directors.
2. Nominations may be submitted by any SETP member (individual or corporate) or the SETP Headquarters staff.
3. The nomination must be presented no later than the August Board of Directors' Meeting.
4. Nominations need not be submitted in writing.
5. Selection to "Friend" status requires a two-thirds majority vote of the Board of Directors.
6. Nominations may be submitted by: