Fixed & Rotary Wing Test Pilot Tutors - TFASA
Position Title: Test Pilot Tutor.
Worksite: Far East Asia.
The Test Flying Academy of South Africa are looking to fill a number of new Test Pilot Tutor positions in both Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing disciplines as part of an exciting and challenging new joint venture with a Far East Asian customer. Successful applicants will work as part of a vibrant and cohesive team developing and delivering Fixed Wing or Rotary Wing and Systems flight test course material. New Test Pilot Tutors will be introducing positive and dynamic change; teaching both ground and airborne instruction to test pilot and flight test engineer students. Applicants can anticipate teaching all aspects of the Fixed Wing or Rotary Wing P&FQ and Systems curriculum. The role requires excellent interpersonal skills allowing successful applicants to relate and work well alongside staff and students with a wide range of experience and background. Applicants must be able to explain inherently complex subjects in an instructional manner that can be easily understood and applied by all students.
Required Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Test Pilot Graduate of an SETP recognized test pilot school (Full 12 month/Cat 1/Class A course)
- Degree in Engineering or closely related to flight testing field (or significant equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a test pilot.
- Medically fit to fly.
- Fluent in English.
- Competent in IT skills
Desired Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Six years of flight test experience.
- Test experience with Certification, AFCS, Radar, EO/IR and Comm/Nav systems.
- Previous test pilot school instructional experience.
TFASA offers an outstanding salary and benefits package. There is also occasional travel associated with this position for field trips, student projects, course presentation, and consulting. Initial contract commitment of 5 years with negotiable terms possible.
Interested parties should provide cover letter and resume/CV to: