Senior Flight Test & Demonstration Pilot
(Job Number: 306529)
This position is for an experienced flight test and demonstration pilot or weapons system operator and will report directly to the Chief Pilot for Government and Special Missions aircraft. Candidate will be primarily responsible for conducting mission and weapons systems development, flight test and customer demonstration flights (as applicable) on the Scorpion, T-6, AT-6 and/or Special Mission aircraft. Substantial direct support to various Sales Support efforts will also be required. Additional responsibilities will include flights to off-site international destinations as well as engineering flight testing of new and existing Textron Aviation aircraft. Candidate will provide flight test technical support for experimental aircraft and payload systems development in a rapid design and prototyping environment and must collaborate and communicate effectively with multiple engineering disciplines. Significant travel required.
I. Lead conversations regarding tactical employment of weapons systems across a variety of mission scenarios, and provide constructive input from recent operational experience
II. Act as aircrew for engineering flight testing and demonstration of TA Defense & SM aircraft
III. Act as aircrew in experimental jet and turboprop aircraft in formation and/or NVG operations
IV. Consult and coordinate with other functional areas, both internal and external to Textron Aviation, to accomplish engineering flight test and demonstration of developmental aircraft
VI. Assist in development of flight test plans, test cards, flight reports, and final test reports
VII. Develop and maintain relationships with U.S. and foreign government agencies, laboratories, range facilities, and project offices to advance rapid fielding opportunities
VIII. Provide program briefings to high-level military leadership and to members of Government
IX. Support Sales with strategy development, communications plans, customer and advocate meetings, and trade shows
XI. Work independently and provide solutions to difficult technical and logistical challenges
XII. Travel to off-site facilities for aircraft delivery, flight test and program support activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science or Aviation-Related area
- Minimum 7 years flight experience required, with significant jet experience.
- Graduate of internationally-recognized military test pilot school
- FAA Commercial ASEL and AMEL pilot license (pilot applicants, only)
- FAA Class I medical certificate
- 1,500 flight hours total time (significant jet flight experience required)
- Formation flying experience in military ejection seat-equipped aircraft
- Experience using Night Vision Goggles (NVG’s) in fixed wing aircraft
- Experience communicating to high levels of military and government organizations
- Experience in development, test and evaluation of the military tactical aircraft
- Recent experience in military weapons delivery (air-to-air and/or air-to-ground attack)
- Recent experience in airborne use of military sensor systems (RADAR, FLIR, etc.)
- Be independent and self-motivated; able to self-direct and manage time effectively
- Eligibility for SECRET (or higher) security clearance
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Yes, 20 % of the Time
09/07/2022, 1:54:04 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
For more information and to apply please click HERE.