Volocopter GmbH has a test pilot job opening. For more information and to apply click HERE.
Test Pilot - Flight Test Projects (m/f/d)
- Werner-von-Siemens-Straße 2-6, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Department: Airworthiness & Risk Certification
- Site: Bruchsal TRIWO
We at Volocopter are the pioneers of electric air taxis, i.e. aircraft that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring urban air mobility to life, by getting air taxis and drones off the gorund in a way that complements current transportation options in megacities across the globe. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services that fly people to their destination quickly and safely. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale VoloCity aircrafts (www.volocopter.com).
Your mission during this flight:
- You will conduct a safe flight as assigned by CTP, adhering to all flight test procedures and limitations imposed by test plans and valid FT approvals.
- You will test execution and reporting on test & evaluation assignments for Flight Test & Operations.
- You will adhere to the Flight Test Operations Manual in the Test Pilot role.
- You will support Flight Test programm planning.
- You will provide Flight Test Subject Matter Expert support.
- You will test the pilot crew at deployed locations, both within Germany and at various international locations.
- You will support HoFT in the classification of Flight Test Requests for complexity.
- You will deputize for HoFT when formally delegated (e.g. Flight Test Definition approval and medium risk Safety Review Board chair).
- You will accept airplanes as released for specific flight tests.
- You will review any flight test plan prior to test execution.
- You will support the generation of hazard assessments and coordination of hazard mitigation.
- You will report observations on the technical fitness of the aircraft following a flight test.
- You will prepare Post Flight Report (PFR), immediately following each test flight.
- You will support the development of operational procedures for the aircraft.
- You will provide input for the generation of the Aircraft Flight Manual.
Check in your professional skills:
- Minimum of two years development/certification flight testing.
- Experience in test planning, execution, and reporting.
- EASA CPL(H) or CPL(A)* with Cat 1 or Cat 2 FT Rating.
- EASA Class 1 medical.
- Skill in writing test plans and test reports and in communicating flight test objectives and results.
- Ability to apply flight test risk management processes, hazard identification and risk mitigation.
- Familiarity with EASA certification processes and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Skill in working across functional and organizational lines.
- Experience as an engineering or experimental test pilot.
*CPL(A) applicants with rotorcraft or powered lift experience
Some of our Volocopter flight perks:
- A fast-growing high-tech company with a broad network of top investors and partners
- The chance to help shape the future of aviation
- The chance to create new things from scratch & manage your own projects
- Personal accountability, and growth & learning opportunities, based on your skills
- An inspiring workplace with modern workstations, flexible hours, efficient communication, flat hierarchies & fantastic team spirit
- An attractive salary package
Our differences are what makes us great. Here at Volocopter, we value equal opportunities and trust, and we give each and every one of our employees the chance to voice their opinions. As air mobility industry innovators, we believe that changing the world starts on the team level. We are fully committed to driving this innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and job titles.
posted 22 March 2023