“Joby Aviation is building up our flight test team as we approach certification flight test of our eVTOL aircraft. It’s a beautiful aircraft and an amazing design https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wbFw165ar0. Recently, we have demonstrated a 154 statute mile range on a single charge, with vertical take off and landing, providing the viability of our powertrain for the intended role.
We are seeking a passionate and driven test pilot at this time, with a particular requirement for civil certification experience and DER or AR qualification in the areas of performance and flying qualities.
The test pilot role requires a wide range of knowledge and skill that includes planning and flight testing experimental CTOL/VTOL fly-by-wire aircraft and supporting all certification flight test related activities. Formal test pilot training and/or experience is essential, as is a flexibility in outlook to adapt core flight test principles to a radically new aviation environment.
- Long course graduate of recognized test pilot school or, exceptionally, equivalent on-the-job training
- At least 3 years additional flight test experience post training, with at least 50 hours experimental or certification flight test experience as test pilot
- Bachelors of Science degree or equivalent experience and training
- Fixed Wing and / or Rotorcraft Commercial Certificate
- A minimum of 1,000 hours pilot in command flight time
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required
- Read and speak English proficiently
- FAA certification flight test experience (highly desired)
- Flight test DER or AR (highly desired)
- Both fixed wing and rotary wing flight test experience, with principle experience in fixed wing
- AV-8 or F-35B experience
- Flight instructional experience
- Test pilot school instructional experience
- Experience with all-electric aircraft
Please apply at https://careers-jobyaviation.icims.com/jobs/1574/test-pilot/job