Test Pilot (Marina, CA or Edwards AFB vicinity)
Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate and driven test pilot to join our flight test team. This role requires a wide range of knowledge and skill that includes planning and flight testing experimental CTOL/VTOL fly-by-wire aircraft and supporting all certification flight test related activities. Formal test pilot training and/or experience is essential, as is flexibility in outlook to adapt core flight test principles to a radically new aviation environment. Either or both VSTOL and DER or AR qualification is desired.
- Perform flight test activities including test planning, text execution as pilot (both remote UAV and inhabited flight test), chase pilot, flight debriefs and post flight analysis and reporting
- Perform simulator testing both, development, Failure Modes and Effects Testing and other purposes
- Contribute to flight readiness reviews, test safety reviews and other flight test admin activities
- Perform flight test engineering duties including test card preparation, test direction and other control room responsibilities
- Perform miscellaneous engineering duties as tasked
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with established company and FAA procedures
- Observe all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Long course graduate of recognized test pilot school or, exceptionally, equivalent on-the-job training
- At least 3 years additional flight test experience post training, with at least 50 hours experimental or certification flight test experience as test pilot
- Bachelor's of Science degree or equivalent experience and training
- Fixed Wing and / or Rotorcraft Commercial Certificate
- A minimum of 1,000 hours pilot in command flight time
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required
- Read and speak English proficiently
- Both fixed wing and rotary wing flight test experience, with principal experience in fixed wing
- AV-8 or F-35B experience and/or V-22 experience
- FAA certification flight test experience
- Flight instructional experience
- Test pilot school instructional experience
- Experience with all-electric aircraft
- Flight test DER or AR
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $175,648 -$254,805/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
posted 4 August 2023