HRD144819 TEST PILOT
- Participate in the planning, scheduling and coordination required to perform flight test on assigned aircraft.
- Coordinate with engineering teams and aircraft maintenance, ensuring that the aircraft is configured properly and is ready to meet all test objectives.
- Maintain currency, proficiency, and technical expertise in multiple aircraft types.
- Act as Pilot-in-Command (PIC), in one or more assigned aircraft, and conduct flight test, certification and customer demonstration flights.
- Design and supervise avionics and/or propulsion systems flight test, supervise technical staff, and ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Evaluate combined aircraft and product technologies, through analysis, inspection, performance measures, and flight characteristics.
- Create, review, and implement new strategies and plans, to achieve departmental goals and to ensure world-class customer support and flight testing.
- Maintain the highest levels of safety while developing, leading, and conducting flight test.
YOU MUST HAVE
- A degree in engineering, aviation, or a technically related field; or equivalent combination of both education and experience, sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions required of this position
- A comprehensive knowledge of flight test techniques and procedures, in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods, for the planning, execution, evaluation, and assessment of operational testing for complex test objectives
- The ability and demonstrated skill required to simultaneously operate multiple aircraft, to the highest levels of safety and efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree
- FAA Class I Medical Certificate
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (fixed-wing and/or rotorcraft)
- 2,500 hours (total time), 1,000 hours (turbine aircraft time), 500 hours PIC (turbine time)
- Multi-Engine Land (AMEL) with appropriate Type Rating(s)
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Job Level: (Band 4) incentive eligible
Must be a us Citizen due to contractual requirements
At Honeywell, the future is what we make it…
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers, who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
As a Honeywell Test Pilot, you will have the opportunity to operate a very diverse fleet of flight test aircraft including: (Turbojets): B757, G550, F900EX, ERJ170, (Turboprops): BE200, PC-12, (Pistons): BE36, BE55, PA46, and (Rotorcraft): AW139