TEST PILOT POSITION - GENERAL ATOMICS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform as Experimental Test and Evaluation Pilot.
- Perform as Instructor Test Pilot and company Flight Examiner.
- Perform as Pilot-in-Command of Company Unmanned Air Vehicles.
- Develops and executes mission planning, briefing, mission execution and debriefing.
- Instruct UAV student pilots as well as instructor pilots-in-training in all aspects of UAV ground and flight operations including academic (platform instruction) and in-flight instruction.
- Ensures compliance with all governing regulations including service guidance, company procedures and Federal Aviation Administration Regulations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations and company policies wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Consults directly with company engineering and senior management as subject matter expert in developing company product line of aircraft.
- Develops and verifies procedures for use with new aircraft features.
- Develops training syllabus courseware to include research, word processing and presentation development.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to a four-year technical degree and six or more years progressively complex aviation experience. Equivalent professional aviation experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a strong aviation background and demonstrate a complete understanding of technical principles, theories, and concepts. Must have excellent organization skills including planning and coordinating work assignments.
- Must possess: (1) FAA Commercial Certificate with a current instrument rating; (2) strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on teamwork and verbal and written communication; (3) ability to effectively interface with all levels of employees, as well as military and civilian customers; (4) strong knowledge of computer applications and operations pertinent to the position; and (5) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Preferred Qualifications Previous experience including Predator, UAV and/or Military aviator or military aviation. FAA instructor rating (CFI) and (CFII) in manned aircraft.
- Highly Desirable: Test pilot school graduate.
- US Citizenship Required.
- Travel Percentage Required 0% - 25%
- US Citizenship Required?Yes
- Clearance Required?Desired
- Clearance LevelSecret
For more information and to apply: