Boeing has a job opening for a T-7A Test Pilot at Edwards Air Force Base. For more information and to apply, please click HERE.
Job ID 00000364411
Date posted 03/07/2023
Location Edwards Air Force Base, California
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a Senior T-7A Experimental Test Pilot to join our team in Edwards AFB, CA. This position will be providing support and mature guidance to team of aircrew and engineers in support of test programs as assigned. In addition, will work for the T-X Chief Pilot to efficiently and effectively support the execution of the T-X development flight test program.
- Requirements development, subject matter expert on all performance aspects of aircraft design, PVI development and assessment, subject matter expert on mission system capabilities and operation, subject matter expert for flight test activities to include operating limitations development, safety planning, flight test planning, test card development, test execution and reporting
- Plans and executes ground tests and flight tests for experimental, prototype, and production aircraft to determine system functionality, handling qualities and high angle of attack performance, flutter tests, loads tests, structural integrity, and performance of flight control systems, vehicle management systems, missions systems, and weapon systems
- Develops and coordinates flight test plans, procedures and techniques to achieve qualification or certification and meet test plan objectives
- Writes technical reports and flight reports and provides input for developing and modifying flight manuals and related documents
- Evaluates data and provides recommendations regarding operational techniques, aircraft handling characteristics, systems operations and design improvements
- Evaluates flight data (e.g., system performance, aircraft handling, equipment function) and participates in aircraft and aircraft system design to recommend changes to design based on operational considerations
- Collaborates on marketing, evaluation, and demonstration activities for customers
- Assures flight activities comply with regulatory standards and company policies and procedures
- Works with government representatives and customers to resolve issues
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Top Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Commercial Certificate or FAA ATP with appropriate endorsements
- Current FAA Class II medical certificate or the ability to obtain one
- Minimum of 1,000 hours of first pilot time in a tactical (single seat or pilot/weapon system operator-manned) aircraft
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor Degree or higher in an engineering or science related field
- An active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance (US Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
- Test Pilot School (TPS) Graduate
- Experience performing operational or developmental flight testing in a tactical fighter/ trainer aircraft
- Flight experience in F-15, F/A-18, F-16, F-35, F-22, and/or T-38 aircraft
- FAA commercial pilot’s certificate MEL, C/L Thrust Limitation removed, or ATP
- Instructor Pilot rating in tactical fighter/trainer aircraft
- Experience communicating complex flight test concepts and ideas in written form and/or verbal form
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: 199,000 – 259,000
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
To apply, click HERE.
posted 14 March 2023