Calendar your Prescreen: https://calendly.com/gerald-roberson
- Location: Baltimore - MD, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Missions Systems is seeking a Staff Test Pilot to support our Developmental Engineering Flight Test Program in Linthicum, MD.
The responsibilities include:
- Perform flight tests to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability
- Maintain qualification and currency on multiple models of test aircraft during engineering flight tests, sensor production acceptance, and flight test support
- Organize and plan flight operations during and after modifications
- Provide engineering support for program teams integrating sensors onto test bed aircraft
- Ensure sensor integration designs meet applicable airworthiness standards
- May conduct demonstration flights with customers, government officials or other personnel to exhibit aircraft performance, flying qualities, or system capabilities
- BS degree with 14 years' professional/military experience - OR - a Masters degree with 12 years' professional/military experience, or PhD with 9 years.
- Pilot graduate (long-course) of a military test pilot school (USNTPS, USAFTPS, ETPS or EPNER)
- Minimum three years of test pilot experience in developmental and/or operational flight test
- FAA Commercial Multi-Engine Land pilot certificate without a centerline thrust restriction
- FAA Second Class Medical
- Minimum 1500 hours First Pilot (USN/USMC) or Primary (USAF) flight time in turbojet, turbofan or turboprop aircraft
- Secret security clearance current/active within the past two years
- Masters degree in engineering or related technical discipline
- FAA Airline Transport Rating (ATP)
- Previous experience in aircraft modifications, configuration and control and technical/operational review boards
- Familiar with government flight test organizations, ranges, and processes
- Top Secret security clearance within the past two years
- Technically and operationally familiar with airborne radar systems
- FAA type ratings and experience in multi-engine, non-centerline thrust aircraft
Salary Range: 179,800 - 269,600
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.