Space Test & Evaluation Site Lead
Location: Edwards AFB, CA
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Top Secret/SCI with ability to obtain SAP certification
Work Schedule: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Positions Supervised: Instructors & Admin on contract
ABSI Aerospace & Defense is an innovative small business located in Southern Maryland near Naval Air Station Patuxent River. Operating in the quickly evolving areas of unmanned/manned systems integration, LVC simulations and training, test and evaluation, training, and autonomous systems. ABSI is growing rapidly. With a focus on maintaining a highly committed and well-compensated workforce, the company seeks to continue building opportunities within DoD and commercial venues.
We are currently seeking highly qualified applicants to work with the US Air Force Test Pilot School, specifically supporting development of a Test and Evaluation training course for US Space Force personnel including operators, engineers, and program managers. This in-residence course is currently offered two times each year with dedicated facilities onboard Edwards AFB.
ABSI is supporting these classes with a mixture of on-site personnel, part time subject matter experts, and virtual learning as needed. Instructors should have DoD Test and Evaluation experience, flight test or space system test experience preferred. Instructors will work on-site at Edwards AFB coordinating, developing, and delivering classroom instruction and hands exercises to meet course learning objectives.
Specialized knowledge and experience in the areas of test planning, test conduct, and test reporting are needed and experience in one or more specialized disciplines such as radar, electro-optics, communications, orbital mechanics, satellite systems, or space operations is highly desired. This position will function as both an instructor as well as the company on-site lead.
The Space Test & Evaluation Lead will be responsible for:
- Providing subject matter expertise and analysis to develop and deliver classroom, laboratory, and open-air instruction in support of Space Test curriculum
- Providing supervision of ABSI contract personnel
- Coordinating instructor and guest lecture support as needed
- Advising USAFTPS staff in support of ongoing development and growth of the Space Test curriculum
- Coordinate with USAF Test Pilot School course manager to ensure course logistical and administrative support requirements are planned and executed for each class
- Manage contract reporting requirements and coordinate with ABSI support staff to ensure contract compliance
- Masters degree in an engineering or related technical field with at least 8 years of experience with test and evaluation, systems testing, and application of test fundamentals
- Thorough knowledge of DoD Test and Evaluation procedures on a major acquisition program
- Demonstrated experience in the development and application of test measures and test techniques
- Instructional experience
- Test Pilot School graduate (USAF, USN, Empire, or EPNER) preferred
- Experience as an instructor at an educational institution
- Experience with software tools such MatLab/Simulink or Systems Tool Kit (STK)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and web-based collaborative resources such as SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
ABSI Aerospace & Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: ABSI is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ABSI are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. ABSI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
For more information and to apply, click HERE.