Closing Date: 29/03/2019
Leonardo Helicopters part of the multi-national Leonardo Group is a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters. We have a great heritage and pride ourselves both on our reputation for excellence and for providing opportunities for our people.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
Click Here for more information and to apply: https://leonardo-career.talent-soft.com/job/job-senior-test-pilot_684.aspx
Here is your chance to become part of the success story:
We are looking for a talented Senior Test Pilot to join our UK team based at our Yeovil site in the South West of England.
As a Senior Test Pilot, your main purpose is to …
Be the support for development, production, training and miscellaneous flying operations, including:
- Flying and ground operations of aircraft in accordance with UK MOD MAA, UK CAA, EASA and foreign national regulations as required.
- Experimental and Development Test Flying requiring significant test pilot advice and input to relevant Company departments, including but not exclusively, Engineering, Design, Avionics and Handling Qualities.
- Production Test Flying.
- Simulator development and assessment (advanced and production).
- Liaison with customers and relevant programme authorities.
- Command and control of off-site trials.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Responsible to the Chief Test Pilot for the safe and efficient conduct of all tasked flying including detached/deployed operations.
- Provide specialist safety input to engineering, design and production organisations.
- Assist with the planning, co-ordination and supervision of flying conducted by the Test Pilots' Department to ensure required tasks/objectives are achieved as efficiently and as safely as possible and in accordance with associated regulation. This includes off-site trials and training operations.
- Work closely with all related Company departments to ensure Company, business requirements are achieved in the most effective manner possible.
- Liaise with the Customer Training Department to ensure a standardised approach to flying operations that includes flying training and related tasks.
- Responsible for building professional working relationships with customers at all levels and from different cultures including, military and civil, domestic and foreign organisations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Company products, aerospace, markets and Department specific requirements through all available media and briefings.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Company processes and procedures.
- Liaise with potential sub-contractors and providers across the product range to retain the highest levels of technical awareness.
- Assist the Chief Test Pilot with the management, in accordance with Company operating procedures, of all tasked activities.
- Ensure that all personal training, qualification and currency requirements are met in accordance with the requirements of regulation and Company process.
- Through pro-active participation across Departmental/ national boundaries, ensure the safe, efficient planning and completion of Flight Test Programmes and tasks.
- Personally ensure the application of all related Company processes and procedures to tasked activities.
- Ensure that the principles of 'lessons learnt' and best practice are applied to all related activities.
- Ensure that all documentation, reporting and data handling are in accordance with Company or regulatory process and procedures.
- As required, assist with the analysis of flight test or accident data.
- Ensure that personal ICT activities are in accordance with current Company procedures.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Military qualified, rotary wing pilot.
- Qualified Experimental Test Pilot (a long course graduate from ETPS, EPNER, USNTPS or USAFTPS).
- Relevant test flying experience post initial qualification.
- Hold a current professional pilot's licence (ATPL(H), CPL(H)),
- Hold both Class I EASA/ UK MAA military equivalent aircrew medical certificate.
- Demonstrate the disposition and personality to cultivate effective professional relationships at all levels within internal and external organisations.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal and team-working skills.
- A recognisable instructor rating (military QHI, civil TRI/TRE) would be highly desirable.