Job Locations US-NY-Niagara Falls
Flight operations at Calspan consist of a large portfolio of engineering, flight, and research activities. Headquartered in Niagara Falls, New York, Calspan’s Flight Research center is home to a fleet of aircraft that include Learjets, Gulfstream III, and a Premier. These aircraft are used for variable stability programs, flight equipment testing, and a variety of other projects for private and government organizations. We are proud of our 70+ year history of flight controls, flying qualities, and engineering research, and our continued commitment to our customers.
The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for managing all activities associated with a program including driving internal execution, delivering on time, managing/controlling program cost/budget, interfacing with customers and subcontractors, supporting proposals with estimated costs and schedules.
Due to security requirements, this position requires US Citizenship
- Lead program teams to achieve key program objectives (financial performance, on time delivery, technical performance, configuration management and customer satisfaction), while managing risks and opportunity. Monitor and control project progress to ensure timely resolution of project issues, scope management and delivery within the contractual period of performance.
- Successfully manage program budget to ensure profitability is achieved or exceeded. Ensure milestone payments are invoiced on time. Report financial and technical status to management team as required.
- Drive cross-functional teams to ensure overall project coordination. Serve as the communication focal point for external customers, internal teams, Flight management, suppliers and subcontractors for each assigned project. Verify that all contractual deliverables are understood, coordinated and delivered on time.
- Establish a project plan for fulfillment of customer requirements, resource management, cost, and project risk using the customer PO, contract and company proposal.
- Understand and clarify contract requirements, negotiate changes, achieve contractual acceptance / completion.
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Bachelors in Engineering, or related technical discipline;
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years of Program Management experience or related discipline or;
- a combination of education and experience equivalent to above
Preferred Knowledge / Ability:
- Managed development Aerospace or Defense Industry programs
- PMP Certification
- Experience leading engineering, program management, or other technical teams
- Experience in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Exceptional financial acumen and technical understanding
- Must be organized and meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to develop quick rapport with current and prospective clients
- Motivated self- starter with the ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to quickly adapt and change priorities while professionally managing interruptions
- Strong attention to detail
- Program Management with direct customer interface experience and skilled at conflict resolution and program execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a US Citizen