Rotary Wing Test Pilot Instructor. National Test Pilot School, Mojave, CA.
Come and join the World’s Test Pilot School! The National Test Pilot School is the World’s Leading Total Flight Test Training and Education Organization and the only accredited test pilot school.
NTPS is looking to hire an outstanding Rotary Wing Test Pilot Instructor to join our cadre of flight test professionals. You will work as part of a team developing and delivering flight test course material. You will be teaching both academic and airborne instruction all aspects of the Rotary Wing P&FQ and Systems curriculum to both test pilot and flight test engineer students. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to work well with people having a wide range of experience and diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students.
Required Education, Training, & Experience Criteria:
- Test Pilot Graduate of a SETP recognized Test Pilot School
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or field closely associated with flight testing
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Rotary Wing experimental test pilot
- Class II FAA medical
- Fluent in English
Desired Education, Training, & Experience Criteria:
- Ten+ years of flight test experience.
- Previous test pilot school instructional experience
- Test experience with Civil Certification, Radar, EO/IR & Comm/Nav systems
- FAA Commercial Pilot License; Rotorcraft (Helicopter) & CFI
- EASA Flight Test Instructor rating
- FAA Commercial Pilot License; Airplane (SEL/MEL) & CFI/MEI
- NVG and/or Helmet Mounted Display experience
NTPS offers a competitive salary, 401k retirement plan, and benefits package. There is occasional travel associated with this position for field trips, student projects, course presentation, and consulting.
Interested parties should provide a cover letter and resume/CV to: