JOB ID IMS20230510-106967
For more information and to apply click HERE.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Experimental Test Pilot
Job Code IMS20230510 106967
Job Location:Greenville, Texas, or Waco, Texas or Tulsa, Oklahoma
Schedule: 9/80. First Shift 20% - 40% travel
L3Harris is seeking a person to become a Flight Test Pilot Unit Member in the L3Harris ODA / Airworthiness Group. Responsibilities include execution of flight tests and determination of compliance to FAA and Military Airworthiness standards, and support of the organization for determination of airworthiness.
- Operate aircraft to determine compliance with specification/FAA certification requirements and operational suitability.
- Operate multiple models of test aircraft during experimental and engineering flight tests, production acceptance and flight test support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers.
- Coordinate test flight operations efforts.
- May conduct demonstration flights with customers, government officials, or other personnel on board to exhibit aircraft performance, flying qualities and system capabilities.
- Training company pilot staff to perform organizational mission IAW FAA regulations and DCMA guidance.
- Must be Graduate of a military Experimental Test Pilot School or an FAA DER with a current eCOA.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant flight test experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Commercial Pilots license with single & multi-engine rating required - ATP & 2000 hours flying time is required.
- Experience desired performing role as Certified Flight Instructor, Instrument Flight Instructor and Multi-Engine Instructor.
- Experience in complex, jets, large transport and high performance aircraft is desired.
- Knowledge of Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations and GFR requirements.
- Ability to attain knowledge of company standard operating procedures and policies.
- Position requires an active DOD Security Clearance, and the ability to maintain a clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to self-study industry standards and industry trends for a team effort on continual flight test department improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Flexible and open-minded with the ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- High degree of integrity.
- Self-starter with initiative.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office products.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
For more information and to apply click HERE.
posted 30 October 2023