Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor
National Test Pilot School
Come and join the World’s Test Pilot School and be part of our innovative team! The National Test Pilot School (NTPS) is the World’s Premiere Total Flight Test Education and Training Organization offering over 30 different flight test courses ranging from our year-long Professional Course to our numerous short courses and Master’s degrees. NTPS is the World’s first and only Test Pilot School accredited as a University, the first test pilot school to be certified as an EASA Authorized Training Organization for Flight Test, the first and only test pilot school curriculum accredited by ABET and is also ISO 9001-2015 certified.
NTPS is looking to hire an outstanding Fixed Wing Test Pilot Instructor to join our cadre of full-time flight test professionals. You will work as part of a team developing and delivering flight test course material. You will be teaching both academic and airborne instruction all aspects of the Fixed Wing P&FQ and Systems curriculum to both Test Pilot and Flight Test Engineer students. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to work well with people having a wide range of experience and diverse cultural backgrounds. You must be able to explain complex subjects in a manner that can be assimilated and applied by all students.
Required Education, Training, & Experience Criteria:
- Test Pilot Graduate of a SETP recognized Test Pilot School.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or field closely associated with flight testing.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Fixed Wing Experimental Test Pilot.
- FAA Second Class Medical or higher
- Fluent in English.
Desired Education, Training, & Experience Criteria:
- Ten+ years of flight test experience.
- Previous Test Pilot School instructional experience.
- Master’s Degree in Flight Test Related Field
- Test experience with RADAR, EO/IR, Comm/Nav Systems and Civil Certification.
- FAA Commercial Pilot Airplane (SEL/MEL), CFI/MEI, and Instrument Airplane.
- Type Rating/Authorized Experimental: S-265, AV-L39, MB-326, NH-T38, MiG-21.
- EASA Flight Test Instructor rating.
- NVG and/or Helmet Mounted Display experience.
NTPS offers a competitive salary and benefits plan, stable working hours, and an excellent 401k retirement plan.
Interested parties should provide a cover letter and resume/CV to: