Position: Manager, Engineering Test
Manage and direct the operations of the Engineering Flight Test department, including on-aircraft ground and flight operations, to assure the maximum safety and efficiency in support development, certification, and continued airworthiness of the product.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct the operations of on-aircraft ground and flight tests and associated crews.
- Foster a safety culture and ensure compliance with all safety procedures.
- Schedule and track test programs to support our internal customers and certification test requirements.
- Ensure that test plans are scheduled and visually displayed for stakeholders, test articles prepared, ground and flight readiness reviews are accomplished, and tests are completed on schedule.
- Maintain a highly educated and competitive flight test capability in support of our internal customers and product development.
- Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Aeronautical or Aerospace, with at least five years of experience as a flight test engineer, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in aircraft testing and conduct of flight line operations.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with FAA Part 23 certification requirements and test procedures.
- General knowledge of all phases of aircraft design, testing, approval, FAA certification, manufacturing, inspection, and service, as well as thorough knowledge of FAA procedures and regulations is required to perform the duties of this position.