Raytheon Multi-program Testbed (RMT) Test Pilot
To Apply Click Here: https://careers.rtx.com/global/en/job/01647512/RMT-Test-Pilot
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
The Raytheon Systems Integration and Test (SI&T) group is seeking a Test Pilot to join our Raytheon Multi-program Testbed (RMT) Flight Test Operations Team. The RMT is a highly modified Boeing-727 flight testbed supporting a wide array of advanced and next generation programs. The primary role is to support Flight Test Operations in the planning and execution of flight testing for multiple mission areas.
The RMT Test Pilot is responsible for supporting operational functions in the management of a flight operations. Responsibilities include coordination with engineering and maintenance, tracking flight crew qualifications, and coordinating logistics for occasional flight test deployments. This position is an onsite role based in Ontario, California with an option to split time in in El Segundo, California with occasional work from home.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Collaboration with using program test teams for ground integration and flight test execution.
- Plan and coordinate flight test missions involving military ranges and FAA airspace.
- Conduct internal aviation safety evaluations and coordinate customer external airworthiness audits.
- Lead mission planning, coordination briefings, and contribute to test reporting.
- Coordinate aircraft maintenance activities and liaison with subcontracted support team.
- Qualify and maintain currency as an RMT B727 pilot crew member.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s in science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- 1,500 hours pilot time with 500 hours as Pilot in Command (PIC).
- Active and transferable U.S. government issued security clearance is required prior to start date.
- U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Graduate of military Test Pilot School, Weapons School, equivalent high-level formal course, or possess 3+ years of direct military flight-test experience.
- Possess advanced flying qualifications including Instructor Pilot or Flight Examiner.
- Military Research Development Test & Evaluation (RDT&E) flight test experience.
- Tactical jet aircraft pilot experience or experience with large (>12.5K lbs) multi-engine turbine aircraft with an onboard Mission Crew.
- Hold an FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- Experience leading a flight operations sub-organization or aircraft maintenance team.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
The salary range for this role is 112,000 USD - 236,000 USD; however, RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills. Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
posted 11 October 2023