Flight Test & Evaluation Manager
To Apply: Bell Flight Careers REQ 289648
We're more than aviation experts. We're pioneers who have challenged what's possible for sound barriers, lunar missions, tiltrotor systems and commercial helicopters. We’ve been reimagining the experience of flight for more than 80 years—and today we're redefining where it can take us.
This role serves as manager and subject matter expert for the Air Vehicle/System Test and Evaluation (T&E) with responsibility for directing, managing, coordinating, reviewing and providing expert technical advice relative to the overall test and evaluation efforts associated with the Future Long Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA).
Incumbent will be the Contractor Test Director (CTD), the responsible primary point of contact in coordinating all air vehicle/system test and evaluation activities with peer, Government Test Director (GTD), from FLRAA PO and Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) Redstone Test Center (RTC) in a Combined Test Team (CTT) environment.
Position reports to the FLRAA Verification Manager who is also supported by the Airworthiness Manager, Component Test and Qualification Manager, and Instrumentation and Data Systems Manager.
The employee functions as the T&E expert and leads a multi-disciplinary CTT:
- Leads the development of the Bell FLRAA Master Test & Evaluation Plan (MTEP), and supports the USG development of the FLRAA Test & Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP); independently defines and coordinates all necessary resources to execute to the TEMP objectives across organizational boundaries within Bell and the US Army.
- Provides input to other acquisition documents including request for proposal (RFP), airworthiness qualification specification, operational requirements documents, performance specifications, statements of work, cost estimates and schedules.
- Responsible for oversight, coordination and synchronization of all test and evaluation efforts including Contractor Test (CT), Developmental Test (DT) and Operational Tests (OT).
- Conducts continual review and analysis of all test activities on assigned programs to prevent unnecessary delays and to assess the quality of the testing programs.
- Provides supervisory oversight and subject-matter expert advice to support mission and projects covering all aspects of test and evaluation, technical performance measures, verification, validation, analysis and trending.
- Defines problems, develops recommendations for issues and resolutions of issues to be addressed in test.
- Ensures coordination and/or participation in planning of all concerned functional elements. Results of the employee’s work are considered technically authoritative and normally reviewed without change. The work requires advanced knowledge of the policies and concepts of test and evaluation.
- Executes the Flight Test Risk Management Plan, leads the team in risk mitigation efforts and Flight Test Risk Worksheet development, establishes and nurtures a Safety focused culture
- Develops and assures implementation of, corrective actions and changes to reflect new requirements and test technologies.
- Develops and presents convincing oral/written presentations to all levels of Government and other management.
- Performs the full range of administrative and technical supervisory duties.
- Assigns work and establishes priorities; evaluates performance of subordinates; gives advice, counsel, and/or instruction to subordinates on both work and administrative matters; interviews and recommends selection of candidates for positions, promotions, and reassignments; and hears and resolves complaints from subordinates.
Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum 10Yrs DT&E experience on major test programs, 15yrs preferred
- Knowledge of DoD Test and Evaluation policies
- Knowledge of military airworthiness requirements, AMACC preferred, MIL-HDBK-516 accepted
- Knowledge of test and evaluation through acquisition life cycle
- Knowledge of and able to apply Risk Management and Safety best practices for T&E
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Ability to develop, review and evaluate program overarching test and evaluation strategies.
- Ability to lead T&E IPTs.
- Ability to supervise and lead others
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective good working relations to achieve end goals.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to gather, analyze, organize, and present data and supporting analyses.
- Ability to use office automation tools and techniques to design and generate reports, briefing materials, and/or comparable documents.
- Ability to identify problems and develop innovative solutions
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Field: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company: Bell Textron Inc.
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Shift: First Shift
Travel: Yes 5% of the Time
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please apply via our website at BellFlight.com/careers using Keyword 289648