We are growing! Come join Garmin’s team of talented engineers designing and certifying world-class avionics in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
Garmin AT, located in Salem, Oregon is looking for engineers and pilots passionate about aviation, avionics and Garmin products to provide project and technical leadership for complex avionic development and certification. You will work with product development teams on new products, solve difficult engineering problems, and work toward certification for Garmin avionic installation in FAR (Federal Aviation Regulations) 23, 25, 27 and 29 aircraft.
We are currently looking for a Fixed Wing Flight Test Pilot that will provide technical leadership in performance of flight test pilot activities including developing ground and flight test plans for complex projects, acting as Pilot in Command during execution of flight tests, authoring certification plans or project level documentation for flight manuals, effectively represents the end user, and working with certification authorities to resolve certification issues.
The Flight Test Pilot may act as Flight Test Project Lead for moderately complex projects. Other duties include:
- Drafts ground and flight test plans for complex test programs including programs with tests not previously conducted
- Defines the operational characteristics for the system under development/test and effectively represents the end user of individual products
- Understands and is able to maintain moderately complex test aircraft configurations and coordinates with engineering teams
- Analyzes data to assist with the development of systems, determine compliance with requirements, and to provide certification data
- Addresses issues with test aircraft and installations including advanced troubleshooting and provides support to aircraft maintenance
- Identifies and tracks issues during flight test, offers quality solutions, and verifies resolution for moderately complex projects
- Leverages thorough understanding of aircraft certification process and associated regulations to author certification plans or content for complex projects, including new content
- Creates project level documentation structure for flight manuals and technical publications intended for use by pilots
- Serves as an expert in flight operations aspects of systems sufficient to communicate functional hazards and failure effects to safety analysis team
- Works with certification authorities to resolve certification issues.
- Revises or authors new procedures and makes significant safety contributions to the flight test organization.
- Provides reliable solutions to a wide range of difficult problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced flight test pilots (Flight Test Pilot 2)
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of 5 years relevant experience OR Master of Science Degree in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering AND a minimum of 3 years relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience and
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Commercial Pilot Certificate • 2nd Class FAA Medical Certificate
- Minimum 1,500 hrs total flight time • Previous flight test experience
- Demonstrates proficient use of advanced engineering and flight test tools including performing advanced troubleshooting on complex avionics system installations
- Demonstrates solid and proficient understanding of certification process and associated regulations ENGINEERED ON THE INSIDE FOR LIFE ON THE OUTSIDE.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills Preferred candidates will have superior academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5, previous experience in systems engineering or software development and Flight Test Pilot DER or ODA Unit Member Qualification.
This position is posted at: Flight Test Pilot - Fixed Wing - General Aviation
If you bring knowledge of avionics and experience in general aviation, we want to meet you!
Visit our Website at CAREERS.GARMIN.com and apply today.
At Garmin, we strive to develop innovative, high-quality, state-of-the-art products that inspire our customers in their adventures. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. The foundation of our culture is honesty, integrity, and respect for associates, customers, and business partners. Each associate is fully committed to serving customers and fellow associates through outstanding performance and accomplishing what we say we will do. Garmin offers a very competitive benefit package, designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
If you are not currently looking for a position, pass our openings to your friends! Not an aviation professional? Many other opportunities are now posted at all Garmin locations around the country. CAREERS.GARMIN.com
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Take This Job and LOVE IT