Experimental Flight Test Pilot
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
You will be part of Bombardier’s Engineering and Integrated Product Development organization: where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these products include the A220 commercial aircraft (formerly the CSeries), the high-performance Global 5500 and Global 6500 business aircraft, the industry defining Global 7500 and 8000 business jets, and the legendary Learjet 70 and 75 aircraft.
This position is based at our Global Flight Test Center in Wichita, Kansas.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for conducting test operations on aerospace vehicles for the purpose of research, development and certification
- Be responsible for duties that include test planning, test readiness, safety of flight and test operations
- Communicate to engineering and project personnel on the planning, conducting and results of the tests (ground and/or flight)
- Observe company, FAA and Transport Canada rules and regulations, and proper use of safety and risk mitigation methods and the safe operation of equipment
- Support preliminary design review process with respect to pilot interface and human factors issues
As our ideal candidate,
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline OR be a graduate of an accredited test pilot school (USAF, Navy, French, Empire or National Test Pilot School)
- You must have practical knowledge of flight test procedures and requirements with a minimum of 3 years of flight test experience or equivalent
- You must have a minimum of 1500 hours including 500 hours of turbine powered flight experience as pilot
- You must hold the appropriate US or Canadian, instrument ratings and commercial licenses
- You must hold a CAT 1 medical or equivalent
- You must hold an ATP/ATPL or attain within 6 months of hire
- You must have the interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals, departments and organizations
- You must have the ability and willingness to work with irregular hours and work days
- You must have the ability to travel on short notice
- You are familiar with Transport Canada, FAA and JAA Certification processes and procedures (preferred)
- You have previous experience with Bombardier products (i.e., Learjet, CH, GX, CRJ, Dash 8) (preferred)
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.