Director Test Pilot Engineering 1
Requisition ID: 19025681
Location: United States-Maryland-Linthicum
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Clearance Type: Secret
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
The Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Infrastructure Operations organization is seeking a Director of Flight Test operations to join our team of qualified, diverse leaders. This position will be located in Linthicum, MD and will report to the MS Sector Infrastructure Operations Director.
The successful candidate will provide senior oversight to the Flight Test Operations organization that is responsible for providing flight test capabilities for the development, assessment and demonstration of NGMS products and systems.
- •Overall management of test aircraft fleet and operations, including test pilots, aircraft engineers and maintenance activities.
- •Responsible for compliance with specification and operational suitability, production acceptance, and flight test support of the products / systems through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers.
- •Responsible for operational risk assessment / management of our modifications and flight profiles.
- •Conducting demonstration flights with customers, government officials, or other personnel aboard to exhibit system performance and capabilities.
- •Bachelor’s Degree plus 10 years progressive/related leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years test pilot experience.
- •Must be a certified test pilot through a nationally recognized military test pilot school, or equivalent military training.
- •Minimum 1500 hours First Pilot (USN/USMC) or Primary (USAF) flight time in turbojet, turbofan or turboprop aircraft.
- •A commercial pilot certification.
- •Experience in civilian /FAA certifications and requirements.
- •Current, active, Secret Clearance required. Ability to secure a Top-Secret Clearance is also required.
- •Past experience in aircraft modifications, configuration and control, and technical / operational review boards. Familiar with government test organizations, ranges and processes.
- •Experience with Airworthiness Programs and requirements.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.