Under the direction of the President, the Director of Aircraft Integration will be responsible for developing the people, processes, and systems required to deliver airworthy, high quality, and beautiful aircraft (experimental and STC’d) using the DeltaHawk powerplant. The team is comprised of technicians, engineers, and contractors working together with the business to design installation kits, acquire necessary data from flight testing, and provide the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders. This leader will work with existing and potential customers to figure out how to incorporate DeltaHawk’s technology into new and unique applications.
This role will also be responsible for resolving complex engineering problems, modeling of components, generation of DeltaHawk installations, production drawings and specifications. This role requires a subject matter expert for aircraft engine installation systems design, integration, and test.
This leader will effectively hire, train, and lead people, communicate clearly, set expectations, provide feedback, and resolve conflicts when they arise. They also need to be able to lead by example—their own performance needs to be consistent with the standards they’re setting for their team members and be consistent with DeltaHawk’s Corporate Culture statement and values.
This leader will have a passion for engines, high tech technology, innovation, and aviation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Other duties as assigned.
- Lead the design and development of engine installation packages that meet all 14 CFR Part 23 requirements
- Installation package designs include but are not limited to the development of mounting structure, cowl, propeller selection, cooling, fuel, lubrication, instrumentation, and control systems
- Analyze existing aircraft engineering and performance data, along with relevant aviation regulations and standards, then develop technical and executable plans for specific aircraft
- Interface with potential customers to assess the feasibility of new programs.
- Work with technicians to oversee installations and expediently work through problems as they arise
- Develop and analyze installation/engine test plans, assist with test execution, and review test data
- Assist and/or oversee development of all documentation, including design, installation, maintenance, parts, and operation
- Provide design feedback on primary engine components as they integrate with the aircraft to meet performance, durability, and regulatory requirements.
- Be the business domain expert on aircraft (experimental & certified) and industry standards
- A Bachelor's degree from accredited school in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and 5+ years of aerospace industry experience and 5+ years of leading a team OR an equivalent
- Familiarity with piston powered aircraft engines and small aircraft
- Aviation enthusiast
- Serve as a technical resource on areas of expertise and provide consultation/mentorship to others
- Communicate cross-functionally and think critically and convey thoughts effectively
- Experience specifying and configuring modern aircraft avionics systems
- Private pilot license or greater
- Previous experience with commercial aircraft and/or engines
- Appointed DER
This working manager position combines administrative time with a hands-on hangar environment including working alongside engineers and technicians to observe, troubleshoot, and resolve problems on aircraft in a typical hangar environment.
Posted 19 May 2023