Subject Matter Expert (SME) Special Programs – Joint Base Langley Eustis
Cruz Associates Inc. of Yorktown, VA (www.cruzinc.us) has an open position and is looking for qualified candidates for a Subject Matter Expert Special Programs in support of the Aviation Integration Directorate (AID). The job location is Joint Base Langley Eustis (JBLE), Virginia, supporting integration and testing of a myriad of systems on numerous conventional and Special Operations Aviation (SOA) aircraft. Interested applicants should contact Greg Stewart or Brian Thompson at 757-833-7538.
Scope: Provide subject matter and test and evaluation support for highly complex SOA-peculiar mission equipment and US Army common mission equipment. Successful performance requires extensive knowledge of the component and aircraft level qualification requirements and ability of interfacing effectively with aircraft systems integrators and systems engineers. The SME shall also be responsible for planning, executing, and reporting of developmental flight and ground tests that support research and advanced aviation initiatives for AID, DoD, and other Government agencies. Mission equipment may include one or more of the following: avionics (including aviation networking) hardware and software, aircraft survivability equipment (ASE) (active radio frequency and infrared countermeasures, passive infrared signature reduction equipment, etc.), sensor equipment (electro-optical, infrared, radar, laser, etc.), and weapons equipment (machine guns, rockets, missiles, and targeting/sighting systems).
Responsibilities: (Not all encompassing)
- Act as Test Director and supervise flight test programs and all test flight activities on assigned projects and programs.
- Coordinate and execute ground and flight testing or test-related activities for various research and development activities to include: airfield or off-site testing activities, test program management, project test support, and program management for test activities.
- Provides technical, analytical, and program management support for SOA and conventional Army aircraft mission equipment programs.
- Establishes and tracks metrics as they relate to cost, schedule and performance with each mission equipment integration effort.
- Develops concise and accurate performance specifications and procurement documents.
- Interprets, refines and integrates user requirements as they relate to the development process.
- Assists in all technical reviews associated with mission equipment integration efforts.
- Independently estimates and evaluates cost and schedule and monitors vendor compliance with stated requirements.
- Identifies potential risks and suggests appropriate courses of action should technical issues arise, or user requirements change.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is required.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience working with military aviation is required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ acquisition or test experience supporting definition, development, qualification, and fielding of equipment is required.
- Applicant must be able to obtain a Top Secret or Interim Top Secret security clearance.
Salary and Benefits:
- The position pays $135K for the right qualifications.
- Cruz offers an extensive benefits package (see the Cruz website for details)