Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Rotary-Wing, Engineering Test Pilot – Advanced Autonomy and Air Launched Affects (Remote)
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Collins Aerospace Mission Systems is looking for a motivated Engineering Test Pilot and Leader to join our team. Candidate will perform the duties of an Engineering Test Pilot. To include subject matter expert for all aspects of DoD customer programs supporting manned and unmanned aircraft autonomous systems development. Candidate will ensure programs are planned, executed, and reported in support of company product line and customer requirements.
- Perform the duties of Engineering Test Pilot.
- Develop, Plan, and Execute flight test by utilizing professional flying and flight planning skills in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, and the policies and procedures of Collins Aerospace.
- Regularly contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards as an expert in the field and within the business group.
- Serve as a consultant to management and as an external spokesman for the business on major matters and participate in new business proposals/growth.
- Utilize Crew Resource Management skills to ensure that all available resources are used, including checklists, instrumentation, other crewmembers, ATC, etc. Regularly review and maintain a thorough knowledge of aircraft systems, flight procedures, SOPs, FARs and ICAO regulations. Maintain proficiency in other disciplines (i.e., Meteorology) necessary for safe planning and execution of test flights.
- Offer positive and constructive feedback to associates and assist others to achieve higher levels of performance.
- Ensure that all activities follow all appropriate Raytheon Technologies and Government EH&S, Diversity and Ethics policies and guidelines.
- Perform additional tasks and acquire varying responsibilities as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience OR
Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years’ experience
- Graduate of a military Test Pilot School with at least 10 yrs experience as an engineering test pilot.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- 4 years of program management in DoD programs.
- Minimum of 3000 hours total time
- Minimum of FAA Second-Class Medical certificate.
- Meet ICAO language proficiency requirements.
- Must display professional bearing and utilize strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous flight experience in multi-crew environment of US Army Helicopters.
- Must be able to travel worldwide without restriction.
- Extensive US Army helicopter experience.
- FAA ratings as single/multi engine commercial pilot/helicopter, CFI/MEI.
- Previous experience UAS military or civilian.
- Live and work in the Huntsville AL area.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day
For more information and to apply please click HERE.