Calspan Test Pilot – Edwards AFB, CA
Calspan, a technology company with a strong heritage in aerospace and transportation research and development, is looking for a Test Pilot to support U.S.Air Force Test Pilot School curriculum requirements and other Calspan West Coast Flight Test, Research and Training activities as directed. The Test Pilot will fly Calspan’s highly modified Variable Stability Learjet and other aircraft as required.
- Participate in all aspects of flight testing including: handling qualities demonstration and research flights; upset recovery training flights in experimental aircraft; proposal preparation; experiment design; aircraft and systems preparation; flight test planning and implementation; data analysis, and technical report writing.
- Regularly contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards as an expert in the field within the business group.
- Develop solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with business group and organizational objectives.
- Perform work independently without appreciable direction. Exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Serve as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the business group/functional organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans and objectives. Participate in new business proposal preparation.
- Manage flight test planning and implementation. Perform quality demonstration, research flights and upset recovery training flights in experimental aircraft.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Recognized Test Pilot School graduate.
- Pilot License - FAA Commercial, Single and Multi-Engine Land, Instrument Rating.
- Minimum 1500 hours of turbine PIC time.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for a Secret Security Clearance. Five years progressive experience and responsibility as a test pilot in a flight-test organization.
- BS in Appropriate Engineering discipline.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Ten years progressive experience and responsibility as a test pilot in a flight test organization.
- Experience with project management, flight testing and evaluations of aircraft stability and control, flying/handling qualities, flight control systems or other airborne systems.
- Flight test instructor experience; teaching academic theory and airborne test techniques.
Benefits Package: Our goal is to provide Calspan employees and their families with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits include: Health Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, 401(k) company match on first 4%, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Universal Life Insurance Policy, Paid-Time Off, Company-paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Military Leave, Employee Assistance Program and Educational Assistance Reimbursement.
Calspan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Calspan supports safe and drug free workplace through pre-employment background checks and drug testing.