C-130 Test Pilot Instructor
96 Operations Group, 417 Flight Test Squadron
Eglin AFB, FL
Pay Plan: GS
Job Series: 2181
Position Schedule: Full Time
Telework Eligibility: Up to 25% Telework possible
Travel Requirements: Up to 25% Travel possible
Come be a part of something big! Smart Minds, Cool Jobs and Awesome Rewards! Fueled by innovation, talent and ambition, the Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is seeking civilian professionals prepared to deploy war-winning capabilities on behalf of the United States Air Force.
The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is looking for a Full-Time, C-130 Flight Test Pilot (GS-2181-14) to work at the Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) in the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), at the 96 Operations Group, 417 Flight Test Squadron, at Eglin AFB in Valparaiso, FL.
This position has a typical 2022 salary range of $129,564 – 168,431 (includes locality)
Announcement Closes: 14 July 2022
The mission of the 417th Flight Test Squadron (417 FLTS) is to plan, execute, and report the Developmental Test and Evaluation of United States Air Force Special Operations, Combat Search and Rescue, Tactical Mobility, and Close Air Support C-130s. The unit coordinates assets from Air Force Material Command (AFMC), Air Force Special Operation Command (AFSOC), Air Combat Command (ACC), Air Education and Training Command (AETC), Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC), Air Mobility Command (AMC), and other commands and agencies to accomplish ground and flight test. Ultimately, the 417 FLTS provides test results and recommendations to acquisition program managers for use in decision making including acquisition program milestone decisions.
In this position you will serve a pilot supporting test of various C-130 variants. You will work as part of a close team with our customers, developing the next generation of C-130 capabilities. You will support the development of test plans, test cards, and reports and serve as an expert on the aircraft, and flight operations.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Obtain & maintain Security clearance
- This is a designated Drug Testing Position
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical; flying physical also required
- Work requires frequent travel away from the normal duty station
- Crisis action management activities may involve additional non-standard work hours
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Certification, Level II – Test & Evaluation Practitioner
- Ability to conduct developmental C-130 flight test at the most critical test conditions of loading, speed, maneuvering, and configuration. Ability to determine maximum limits of safe aircraft operation and aerodynamic stability where a substantial degree of hazard exists.
- In-depth knowledge of US Air Force aircraft operations, aircrew training, aircrew standardization and evaluation, aerospace resource management, aerospace test and evaluation, and aircrew personnel equipment and survival training is required.
- Ten years of military pilot rated officer experience with active military flight experience within the last 4 years is highly desirable. A minimum of 1750 flight hours, including a minimum of 50 hours of night flying and 50 hours of instrument flying. Graduate of a sanctioned Test Pilot course or school is desired. C-130 instructor qualification/experience is required. Special Operations C-130 experience is highly desired. AF Special Operations Command (AFSOC) experience is desired. Evaluator pilot experience is desired. Functional Check Flight experience is desired. Technical Bachelor's Degree is desired.
For more information and to apply click HERE.