Position Title: C-130 Flight Test Pilot
Worksite: Eglin AFB, FL.
The 417th Flight Test Squadron is looking for a qualified fixed wing test pilot! As part of the 96th Test Wing at Eglin AFB, FL, the 417th performs Developmental Testing on a wide range of C-130s. From AC-130s to MC-130s, from legacy C-130Hs to C-130Js, we test them all. You will work as part of a close team with our AFSOC, USSOCCOM, AMC, ANG and AFRC customers, developing the next generation of C-130 capabilities. This is an NH-IV/GS-14 Civil Service position.
Required Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Flight test experience is required.
- Previous C-130 instructor pilot qualification/experience is required.
- Ability to conduct developmental C-130 flight test at the most critical test conditions of loading, speed, maneuvering, and configuration. Ability to determine maximum limits of safe aircraft operation and aerodynamic stability where a substantial degree of hazard exists.
- In-depth knowledge of USAF aircraft operations, aircrew training, aircrew standardization and evaluation, aerospace resource management, aerospace test and evaluation, and aircrew personnel equipment and survival training is required.
- A minimum of 1750 flight hours, including a minimum of 50 hours of night flying and 50 hours of instrument flying.
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree.
- Applicant must meet periodic USAF Class II medical standards as required by Air Force instructions.
- The incumbent must maintain aircraft flight qualification IAW AFI 11-202v2 and applicable MAJCOM procedures/directives.
Desired Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Graduate of a sanctioned Test Pilot course or school is highly desired.
- Ten years of military pilot rated officer experience with active military flight experience within the last 4 years is highly desired.
- Special Operations C-130 experience is highly desired.
- AFSOC experience is desired.
- Evaluator pilot experience is desired.
- Functional Check Flight experience is desired.
If you are interested, please contact:
Joel Witte, Chief Test Pilot