Position Title: C-130 Flight Test Pilot
Worksite: Eglin AFB, FL.
The 417th Flight Test Squadron is looking for a qualified Experimental Test Pilot! As part of the 96th Test Wing at Eglin AFB, FL, the 417th performs Developmental Testing on a wide range of C-130s. From AC-130s to MC-130s, from legacy C-130Hs to C-130Js, we test them all. You will work as part of a close team with our AFSOC, USSOCCOM, AMC, ACC, ANG and AFRC customers, developing the next generation of C-130 capabilities. This is a GS-14 Civil Service position.
Required Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Graduate of a sanctioned Test Pilot course or school is required.
- Ability to conduct developmental flight test at the most critical test conditions of loading, speed, maneuvering, and configuration. Ability to determine maximum limits of safe aircraft operation and aerodynamic stability where a substantial degree of hazard exists.
- In-depth knowledge of USAF aircraft operations, aircrew training, and aircraft test & evaluation is required.
- A minimum of 1750 flight hours, including a minimum of 50 hours of night flying and 50 hours of instrument flying.
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree.
- Applicant must meet periodic USAF Class II medical standards as required by Air Force instructions.
- The incumbent must maintain aircraft flight qualification IAW AFI 11-202v2 and applicable MAJCOM procedures/directives.
Desired Education, Training & Experience Criteria:
- Previous C-130 instructor pilot qualification/experience is highly desired.
- Ten years of military pilot rated officer experience with active military flight experience within the last 4 years is highly desired.
- Special Operations C-130 experience is highly desired.
- AFSOC experience is desired.
- Evaluator pilot experience is desired.
- Functional Check Flight experience is desired.
If you are interested, please contact:
417 FLTS Chief Test Pilot