Welcome to SETP
Test Pilot Senior Manager - Lockheed Martin
Responsible for ensuring proper flight ops support for program engineering efforts (IDR, FDR, CDR, SRB, TRB, etc…), for aircraft and subsystem test flights, program proposal development efforts , Business Development efforts to include special requests for demonstration flights with customers, government officials, or other personnel to exhibit aircraft performance, flying qualities and system capabilities, and other taskings as required. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all company, FAA and government directives.
1. Will be the primary Point of Contact (POC) for Flight Operations for all matters related to production acceptance and testing for Special Mission Aircraft. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. Assign and coordinate the activities of all Flight Operations personnel to support special mission aircraft test and acceptance.
b. Ensure aircrew currency and proficiency meet required standards and training as prescribed by contractual requirements and internal processes.
c. Responsible for flight safety for special misssion aircraft operations. Ensure all aircrew have appropriate training and attend required aviation safety meetings.
d. Coordinate and schedule Flight Operations aircrew support for all production and test flying requirements.
e. Coordinate daily flight operations with the Government Flight Representative and ensure all flying is conducted under the ground flight risk clause or through insured lease arrangements.
2. Coordinate with Chief pilot on selection of special mission program Chief Test pilots.
3. Coordinate and consult with Chief Test Pilots and Program Engineers in the publication of the Flight Standards Manuals for special mission aircraft.
4. Manage in coordination with Chief Test Pilot, DCMA, Production Flight, and Safety all annual or regularly scheduled inspections, i.e. AOI, related to the Special Mission Aircraft programs.
5. Manage inputs for Chief Test Pilot, Flight Operations Dispatchers, DCMA, Production Flight, and Safety and annual reviews for the Consolidated Flight Operations Procedures to include appropriate program annexes and the Palmdale Site Supplement.
6. Manage the coordination with Chief Test Pilot, Customer Support, Tech Pubs Chief and other Special Mission Aircraft aircrew members to insure customer Flight Manuals are accurate and correct.
7. Manage special mission aircraft flight operations dispatchers, tower personnel, and flight equipment support personnel to ensure full support of all flights.
8. Maintain a strong teaming relationship with GFR pilots and other DCMA personnel.
9. Manage attendance at all Special Mission Aircraft Flight Manual Conferences to review and approve changes/supplements to all versions of any Special Mission Aircraft flight manuals.
10. Advise and assist Special Mission Aircraft Program management for all requirements related to Flight Operations. This includes any activity from initial quoting and proposal requirements, requirements definition for all Flight Operations activities through testing, training, production and delivery of any Special Mission program.
11. Responsible for all personnel management issues including Talent Management for the Special Mission Flight Ops team.
Must be a US citizen. This position works in a facility that requires special access and will require a Secret security clearance updated within the last 5 years to start.
Education: Minimum of Bachelor's degree, Engineering or Technical discipline.
Aircraft Pilot in Command experience of at least 3000 hours total pilot time.
Must be a graduate of a military Test Pilot School.
Must be able to obtain a Second Class FAA Medical.
Developmental Aircraft Flight Test Experience desired.
Experience in Functional Check Flight, Production Acceptance, Delivery Flights, and follow-on Customer Crew Training required.
Qualification or previously qualified on any LM Aero products is highly desired.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Palmdale California