Test Operations Lead - LMCO
Req ID :
Job Code/Title :
E1455:Aeronautical Engineer Sr Stf
Job Description :
The successful candidate will be an experienced Lead Flight Test Engineer. Candidate will be acting in the role as a Test Operations Lead in a CTF. Other duties include Flight Test Engineering functions at the Aeronautics Advanced Development Program (ADP) Skunk Works in Palmdale, CA. Required skills include: Flight Test Management, Mission Control Room (MCR) experience as a Test Conductor and Test Director. Additional duties include leading mission rehearsals, simulation support, pre-flight analysis, ground and flight test card development and execution; and post-flight data review/analysis. Responsible for the safe and efficient conduct of test missions and provide technical support and direction to a flight test team of aircrew, control room engineers and subject matter experts during test flights.
The position will require control and tracking of aircraft configuration, issuance, and closure of documentation relating to work performed on the aircraft, coordination of aircraft modifications, coordinating and staging of support equipment, developing and maintaining aircraft and team test schedules, and coordinating with other organizations associated with test readiness. Primary tasks including execution of ground and flight tests as Lead Flight Test Engineer, requiring the ability to clearly transfer detailed test plans into detailed test cards to effectively perform test procedures and manage the test missions in order to obtain test objectives. The applicant must be able to effectively communicate, direct, interact and lead other test team members to achieve test success. Understanding of aircraft systems and capabilities, with multiple systems using embedded software and integrated avionics, is needed in order to assist in the development of realistic test procedures. Will also develop and maintain training curriculum, train less experienced team members, and maintain training records.
Travel, overtime, odd shifts, and weekend work may be required. This position will act as the principal focal point between maintenance, engineering and flight crew. Must possess ability to interface with all levels of Combined Test Force and customer management. Flight Test facility and control room and supporting architecture management preferred.
Aircraft flying experience as a pilot or crewmember is a valued asset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. An active Top Secret security clearance is required.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
* Flight Test/Test Operations Leadership Experience
* Flight Test Mission Experience (Test Conductor/Test Director)) in a Combined Test Force
* Crew Resource Management Qualified (CRM)
* Must have a Top Secret to start and be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
* Bachelor's or above engineering/technical degree with 10-14 plus years of professional experience
* Aeronautical Engineering degree
* Pilot or former aircrew member
* Demonstrated above average verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-motivated, independent, ability to prioritize and multi-task, strong sense of personal accountability; strive for continuous self-improvement.
* Experience with MS Office applications and toolsets, experience working with LM applications and other electronic tools: Matlab, Simulink, JEDI, ATLAS, PDM, and JDL.
* Able and willing to accommodate a dynamic environment, work schedule, overtime and weekends.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Palmdale California
Security Clearance :