Lead Test Pilot - Honeywell
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Lead flight tests as pilot in command to develop, certify, and demonstrate Honeywell Aerospace products providing accurate, repeatable, and cost effective data for our internal Honeywell customers. You will design flight test plans, supervise flight crew members, and ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations. You will evaluate and recommend changes to products to better meet the pilot's needs or to
improve safety. You will be the subject matter expert as products are demonstrated to end users.
Grow pilot skills to maintain proficiency in multiple, diverse aircraft types while executing flight test plans of new and often one-of-a-kind products.
Develop effective flight test plans along with flight test engineering to assess a product’s performance and ensure it meets the highest quality and safety standards. Create and implement plans to achieve department goals and ensure best in class flight testing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation or Engineering
- Minimum of multi-engine Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) rating
- Ability to hold a FAA Class II Medical
- Ability to pass pilot in command proficiency check in the type of aircraft to be flown
- Experience in engineering flight test
- Formal flight test training highly desirable
- 2,000 flight hours of pilot time
- 500 flight hours in turbine powered aircraft
- Knowledge of regulations and standards in aircraft testing
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements. Exempt Interface with Engineering and Marketing TeamsCertify Safety of Flight ProductsTest Flight Planning and DesignAircraft and Systems PreparationDevelop New Techniques, Test Standards
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD10582
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: 111 S 34th St, Phoenix, AZ USA