Lead Test Pilot Honeywell
The Required Job ID is HRD27926
To apply: https://www.honeywell.com/careers
Please see job description below:
Lead and determine airworthiness of Honeywell's aircrafts through inspection, flight testing and evaluation of flight performance, engine operation and flight characteristics. You will design flight tests, supervise technical staff, participate in accident investigation and ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations. You will recommend changes to aircraft to better meet the pilot's needs or to improve flight. You will be the subject matter expert and ensure the highest levels of flight safety and comfort.
- Provide the safest and most reliable travel experience for Honeywell executives through efficient and thorough flight testing
- Develop effective flight testing methodologies to assess an airplane's performance and ensure it meets the highest quality and safety standards
- Create and implement plans to achieve department goals and ensure best in class flight testing
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3000 flight hours in turbine powered aircraft Airline Transport Rating, Airline Transport
- Pilots License (ATPL)
- Multi engine land and appropriate Type rating
- 100 hours minimum total pilot time in the Category and Class: Airplane, Multi-Engine Land; Rotorcraft, Helicopter
- FAA ATP Certificate - Airplane, Multi-Engine Land; Rotorcraft - Helicopter Instrument Rating - Rotorcraft, Helicopter
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation or Engineering
- Extensive experience in flight testing and inspection
- Experience in engineering flight testing of experimental types of aircraft or the solution of technical engineering problems at a professional level
- Proven knowledge of all safety requirements for compliance
- Knowledge of regulations and standards in aircraft testing
3 Test Pilot Job Openings with Lockheed Martin
Chief Test Pilot, F-16 Portfolio
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics is seeking a Chief F-16 Test Pilot in our Fort Worth, Texas location. The selected candidate will be the chief advisor and primary liaison in support of the F-16 portfolio.
· Chief adviser to the Flight Operations Senior Manager on all aspects of F-16 production and flight test from programmatic to technical support
· Primary liaison between flight operations, the Integrated Fighter Group and F-16 Chief Engineers
· Provide daily technical support to include Product Vehicle Interface (PVI) development, requirements development, market assist, and subject matter expert on all performance aspects of the F-16 aircraft
· Subject matter expert for flight test program to include flight test planning, run card development, test execution, flight test safety and reporting
· Fly all models of the F-16A/B/C/D/E/F in support of our worldwide mission, to include production, experimental and engineering flight test, test support, customer demonstration flights and other duties as assigned
· Suitable FAA commercial pilot's certificate (SE Land, Instrument Airplane)
· Current FAA Class II medical certificate
· Flight test experience in a fourth or fifth generation fighter aircraft
· 1,500 hours first-pilot time to include 100 hours as first pilot during engineering and/or acceptance flight tests
· Graduate of a military Test Pilot School (TPS) or meet the qualifications for a TPS Waiver (2000hrs, 200hrs engineering flight test, 10 hours experimental flight test)
· Must be willing to travel
· Must be a US citizen
· This position requires special access and a Secret security clearance updated within the last 5 years to start
Test Pilot, Advanced Development Programs – Palmdale
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics is seeking a Test Pilot for manned and unmanned aircraft at our Skunkworks facility in Palmdale, California.
· All aspects of Flight Test and Evaluation including:
o Flight Test planning
o HMI evaluation
o Systems Integration Lab support
o Flight Manual review
o Pilot Checklist development
o Test Pilot instruction on platform
o Test Execution, Test Reporting, and other test duties as assigned
· Flies manned and unmanned aircraft for functional checks, sensor systems development, tests improvements and updates to aircraft and ground systems
· Writes flight test reports as required
· Assists in writing test plans and test cards
· Participates in formal safety reviews
· Complies with all training and currency requirements under government contract supervision
· Serves other LM Aero flight test programs as pilot or advisor as needed
· Must be willing to travel
· Applicant hired must agree to take and pass a polygraph examination
· Must be a US Citizen, position is located at a facility that requires special access
· Selected applicant must have a Top Secret security clearance with a Background investigation within the past five years
· FAA commercial pilot's certificate (SE Land and ME Land, Instrument Airplane) or Airline Transport Pilot
· FAA Class I or II medical certificate
· Test Pilot School (TPS) or equivalent experience
KBRwyle Rotary Wing Test Pilot - Patuxent River
Rotary Wing Test Pilot - Patuxent River
KBRwyle is seeking a Rotary Wing Test Pilot to support Presidential Helicopter Programs.
Req ID: 1067937
This position supports HX-21 developmental test and evaluation at the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD), NAS Patuxent River, MD. The selected candidate will provide consultation and guidance in the planning, conduct, and reporting of all assigned projects, to include flight test and simulator activities. The selected candidate will support a wide range of NAWCAD test and evaluation requirements to include: test planning meetings, test plan development, event planning, test procedure and card development, flight briefings, test execution, post event support, test reporting, and deficiency reporting.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required. An engineering/technical degree is desired. A graduate of one of the following is required: U.S. Naval Test Pilot School, Empire Test Pilot School or EPNER Test Pilot School.
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
A minimum of ten (10) years of work experience is required and five (5) years of rotary wing RDT&E flight experience are required. A minimum of 1,500 hours in USN/USMC aircraft is required. Previous (required) or current (desired) designation as H-3 or H-60 Helicopter Aircraft Commander is required. FAA type rating in the S-92 aircraft is highly desired. Candidate must hold FAA Commercial Pilot rotorcraft-helicopter rating. Candidate must be able to pass and maintain a FAA Class 2 medical. Candidate must be current or able to pass United States Navy sponsored physiological, water survival, and egress.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
The ability to obtain a Top-Secret Clearance post-start.
Travel, sometimes extensive, will be required to support this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Primary Location: US-US-MD-Lexington Park
Helicopter Test Pilot
JOB TITLE: Helicopter Test Pilot
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Helicopter Test Pilot Supporting flight test of USAF Combat Rescue Helicopter Program (HH-60W)
ORGANIZATION: 413 Flight Test Squadron (FLTS), Hurlburt Field FL
GRADE: Term Over hire NH-04
SALARY RANGE: $100,000-$120,000 Base Pay
LOCATION: Duke Field, FL
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 2
1. Ability to conduct developmental rotary-wing aircraft flight test including performance, flying and handling qualities and system integration.
2. In-depth knowledge of military aircraft operations, flight safety, flight test safety, ground safety, weapons safety, aircrew training, aircrew standardization and evaluation, test and evaluation, and aircrew personnel equipment and survival training.
3. Ten years of military pilot rated officer experience with active military/government flight experience within the last 4 years is highly desired. A minimum of 2,000 flight hours, of which 1,500 hours rotary-wing and 500 hours night-vision device experience is highly desired. At least 75 hours of instrument flying and a minimum of 100 hours instructor time is highly desired. Prior experience as an evaluator pilot is highly desired. Maintenance Test Flight/Functional Check Flight and/or Operational Test Flight experience is desired. Graduate of accredited Test Pilot School is desired. H-60A/G/L and/or H-60M experience is required. UH-1 experience desired.
4. Ability to perform frequent and regular flights in high performance military aircraft associated with training, evaluation, test and test support military flight activity is required.
5. Ability to plan, organize and direct the functions and mentor, motivate and appraise subordinate personnel is required. Ability to analyze, plan and adjust work operations to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources is required. Ability to manage programs and/or functional areas on behalf of Squadron Leadership is required.
6. Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a broad range of contacts.
Flight Safety Officer & SMS Administrator - AeroTEC
Position: Flight Safety Officer & SMS Administrator
Location: Moses Lake, WA
AeroTEC, Inc. is an aerospace flight test, engineering and certification organization that provides development services to aircraft modifiers and OEMs. We are a rapidly growing company in Seattle, WA that was founded in 2001. Our core team is comprised of very talented and experienced aerospace engineers, technicians, mechanics, and support staff. We strive to create a high functioning, collaborative environment where team members can find opportunities for professional growth and innovation.
The Flight Safety Officer & SMS Administrator will lead the safety program for flight and aviation maintenance specific functions. The position will work closely with the Flight Operations Group (Test Pilot, Flight Test Engineer, and Dispatch group), Maintenance and Industrial Safety, to administer the Flight Safety Program. This role requires the significant exercise of independent discretion and judgment in matters of significance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Lead implementation of a Flight Safety Program for an OEM Type Certificate program.
- Establish and operate a comprehensive Safety Management System. Serve as the SMS administrator and key safety officer.
- Collaborate with other company safety managers (EH&S Manager, etc.) and processes.
- Establish safety processes and guidelines and audit cycles.
- Maintain safety guidelines per ICAO annex 19
- Lead organizational Safety Training Sessions and Safety Stand Downs
- Collect and distribute safety concerns.
- Facilitate consensus on safety issues and establish program standards.
- Liaise with FAA, JCAB and NVSB organizations to ensure compliance with governmental standard, policies, practices and regulations.
- Work with the Flight Operations Group (FOG) to ensure robust practices, policies, and procedures.
- Represents company FOG at safety seminars/workshops.
- Advocate and champion non-punitive flight & aircraft maintenance safety culture.
- Conduct and publish Safety Investigation findings.
- Train and oversee safety teams and Deputy Safety Officers.
- Provide an independent aviation safety voice to senior management.
- Assist management to apply sound safety judgement for balance between safety and performance
- Lead the Safety Review Board, comprised of different specialty areas across Moses Lake Flight Test Center.
Level Requirements (Minimum):
- Bachelor's Degree
- Degree in a hard science or engineering field preferred.
- 3+ years of Flight Operations experience
- Experience in a flight test organization preferred
- Safety background (CRM, SMS, Risk Management, etc.)
Are you looking for a challenge? AeroTEC Inc. is composed of ambitious and motivated professionals and we are looking for other talented individuals to join our team. We offer a unique work environment including insurance benefits (100% Medical for employee) as well as a 401K with match, Performance Bonus Pay, a generous vacation policy. If you think you may be a good fit for our team, please respond with your resume and cover letter. AeroTEC Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.