Helicopter Test Pilot
JOB TITLE: Helicopter Test Pilot
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Helicopter Test Pilot Supporting flight test of USAF Combat Rescue Helicopter Program (HH-60W)
ORGANIZATION: 413 Flight Test Squadron (FLTS), Hurlburt Field FL
GRADE: Term Over hire NH-04
SALARY RANGE: $100,000-$120,000 Base Pay
LOCATION: Duke Field, FL
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 2
1. Ability to conduct developmental rotary-wing aircraft flight test including performance, flying and handling qualities and system integration.
2. In-depth knowledge of military aircraft operations, flight safety, flight test safety, ground safety, weapons safety, aircrew training, aircrew standardization and evaluation, test and evaluation, and aircrew personnel equipment and survival training.
3. Ten years of military pilot rated officer experience with active military/government flight experience within the last 4 years is highly desired. A minimum of 2,000 flight hours, of which 1,500 hours rotary-wing and 500 hours night-vision device experience is highly desired. At least 75 hours of instrument flying and a minimum of 100 hours instructor time is highly desired. Prior experience as an evaluator pilot is highly desired. Maintenance Test Flight/Functional Check Flight and/or Operational Test Flight experience is desired. Graduate of accredited Test Pilot School is desired. H-60A/G/L and/or H-60M experience is required. UH-1 experience desired.
4. Ability to perform frequent and regular flights in high performance military aircraft associated with training, evaluation, test and test support military flight activity is required.
5. Ability to plan, organize and direct the functions and mentor, motivate and appraise subordinate personnel is required. Ability to analyze, plan and adjust work operations to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources is required. Ability to manage programs and/or functional areas on behalf of Squadron Leadership is required.
6. Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a broad range of contacts.