Flight Test - Flight Operations Captain United
Please click link to apply: United.com
Flight Test - Flight Operations Captain-IAH00002509-DH
Job overview and responsibilities:
Tests aircraft on the ground and flight to check operation and performance. Manages assigned duties and technology projects. Collateral duties may include Safety, Chief Test Pilot, Test Card Writer, Chronic Aircraft Program, Flight Test Database, Flight Test Operations Manual, Special Projects, ODA Coordinator, Flight Test Duty Manager and New Aircraft Acceptance Pilot. Ascertains that normal and emergency systems operate on major maintenance and factory accepted aircraft within acceptable tolerances as outlined in the specific United Airlines Flight Manual and Flight Test Manual. Provides a troubleshooting capability to Line Maintenance for peculiar or chronic aircraft problems. Flies all Non-Routine Flight Operations (NRFO) Group II missions requiring other than normal procedures. Flies Maintenance Ferry flights as assigned per existing regulations. Flies all test flights such as diagnostic, heavy maintenance or maintenance validation per existing regulations. Provides thorough write-ups and post-flight debriefing as appropriate. Performs related duties as assigned such as writing and revising Flight Test Procedures, performing qualitative and quantitative engineering flight tests on aircraft, evaluating systems on proposed projects and current aircraft, attending pilot training courses, and maintaining required proficiency level on each type of aircraft. Maintains all qualifications current such as medical, passport, visaâ€™s and badging.
- Flight Technical: Maintains qualification and currency for multiple aircraft types in both seats as assigned. Flies all test profiles world-wide for those aircraft. Full-time test pilot as well as manager of assigned projects. Writer and reviewer for assigned technical projects, checklists, and manuals.
- Leadership/Management: May be assigned responsibility for specific leadership and test operations 24/7/365, including international routing and management. Regularly communicates safety and operational issues. Works aircraft quality and routing concerns with company leaders.
- External Working Groups: Works with United Technical Operations Airframe and Base Maintenance personnel as primary stakeholders. Leads daily test operations as Flight Test Duty Manager. Coordinates test requirements for Line aircraft with Liaison Engineering. Works with Line Maintenance Policy and Procedures, and Maintenance Planning for aircraft work volumes and schedules. Coordinates closely with Operational Engineering for the Aircraft Ferry Manual and other technical issues. Communicates with other major airline test and technical groups as required. Communicates with aircraft manufacturer test representatives. Works closely with outside vendors. Consults with the Network Operating Center, Dispatch, and Engineering for unique ferry requirements.
- Project Management Work: Flies project work such as New Aircraft Acceptance/Delivery, new technology, and supplemental type certificate flights as assigned. Coordinates with Flight Standards and assists with new technology projects. Writer or reviewer for Flight Test Operational Manual inputs, test checklists, and ferry manual changes.
- College graduate required
- BS Engineering or aviation related degree preferred
- Test Pilot School Graduate preferred
- Airline Transport Pilot required
- Flight Test or Functional Check Flight experience required
- Systems Engineering, Flight Test and Leadership skills preferred
- Airline Captain, Production Test Captain or Military Flight Test required
- Airline, Flight Test, Leadership experience career combination preferred
- 2-4 years of Flight Test experience preferred
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule subject to test flying needs which includes working various hours, weekends and holidays
- This position is a salaried Management position, not represented by the union
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
JobFlight Ops / Inflight - Management & Administrative
Primary LocationUnited States-TX-IAH - Houston (Intercontinental)
Organization65 Flight Operations
Posting DateMar 15, 2017
Unposting DateMar 22, 2017
Approved Job Level4
Flight Test - Flight Operations Captain
Please click link to apply: United.com