Experimental Test Pilot - The Boeing Company
Experimental Test Pilot
Req ID # 1800062249
Company: United States; The Boeing Company
- Experimental Test Pilot primary responsibility to MQ-25 Flight Test. Provides support and mature guidance to team of aircrew and engineers in support of test programs as assigned.
- Works for the UAS Flight Operations Manager to efficiently and effectively support the execution of the MQ-25 development flight test program.
- This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Experimental Test Pilot with primary responsibility to MQ-25 Program.
- Plan and executes support flights for flight test to include chase aircraft for UAS flights.
- Supports requirements development, acts as subject matter expert on all performance aspects of aircraft design, PVI development and assessment, subject matter expert for flight test activities to include operating limitations development, safety planning, flight test planning, test card development, test execution and reporting.
- Plans and executes ground tests and flight tests for experimental, prototype, and production aircraft to determine system functionality, handling qualities and high angle of attack performance, flutter tests, loads tests, structural integrity, and performance of flight control systems, vehicle management systems, missions systems, and weapon systems.
- Develops and coordinates flight test plans, procedures and techniques to achieve qualification or certification and meet test plan objectives.
- Writes technical reports and flight reports and provides input for developing and modifying flight manuals and related documents.
- Evaluates data and provides recommendations regarding operational techniques, aircraft handling characteristics, systems operations and design improvements.
- Evaluates flight data (e.g., system performance, aircraft handling, equipment function) and participates in aircraft and aircraft system design to recommend changes to design based on operational considerations.
- Collaborates on marketing, evaluation, and demonstration activities for customers.
- Assures flight activities comply with regulatory standards and company policies and procedures.
- Works with government representatives and customers to resolve issues.
- Job requires FAA ATP or Commercial certificate with Instrument and SEL rating.
Basic Qualifications (Requirements):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- 1,500 hours of first-pilot time in relevant tactical aircraft, to include fighters, trainers, carrier aircraft and/or military UAS
- 100 hours of first pilot time during flight test, to include experimental, engineering and/or customer acceptance operations
- Military flight test experience
- FAA Commercial pilot's certificate or ATP (minimum Airplane, SE Land, Instrument)
- Ability to obtain an FAA Class II Medical Certificate
- Ability to comprehend and effectively communicate complex ideas and flight test concepts and in writing and orally
- Graduate of a recognized Test Pilot School
- FAA ATP or Commercial pilot’s certificate MEL without C/L Thrust Limitation
- Aircraft Qualification(s) in C-12 or other King Air variant
- Civil Aviation Experience
- Instructor Pilot experience as CFI, CFII, or Military Instructor
- UAS flight test or operational experience
- USN carrier aviation experience
- Developmental flight test experience
- Current medical certificate, FAA Class II, I, or military equivalent
- This job requires travel to various locations to support meetings and flight operations.
- Occasional travel longer than 30 days may be required based on test tempo and phase of testing.
- Must undergo a company-sponsored medical examination, equivalent to FAA Class II, prior to employment, and must maintain (annually) an FAA Class II medical certificate as a condition of employment.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.