Welcome to SETP
Chief of Fighter Operations - Lockheed Martin
Req ID#: 428056BR- Chief of Fighter Operations
Job Description :
This position is the Senior Manager for Fighter Aircraft. The selected candidate will direct and coordinate all fighter flight operations efforts worldwide to include the testing and production/post-mod acceptance of all fighter aircraft programs (F-35, F-16, F-22, T-50) to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability.
Responsible for ensuring proper flight ops support for program engineering efforts (IDR, FDR, CDR, SRB, TRB, etc…), for aircraft and subsystem test flights, production acceptance flights, program proposal development efforts, business development efforts to include special requests for demonstration flights with customers, government officials, or other personnel to exhibit aircraft performance, flying qualities and system capabilities, employee engagement/community relations/VIP support and other taskings as required. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all company, FAA and government directives.
1. Lead a team of approx. 30 personnel supporting fighter flight operations worldwide. Efforts include:
a. Establishing organizational construct, vision and direction and advising the flight operations director and Aero Chief Pilot on all matters related to fighter operations and personnel.
b. Performing management functions to include labor/travel accounting, establishing personnel roles and responsibilities, hiring, promotions, awards, talent management, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions and other human resource actions as required, ensuring compliance with all Lockheed Martin policies and procedures.
2. Will be the primary Point of Contact (POC) for fighter flight operations on all matters related to production acceptance and flight testing. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. Assign and coordinate the activities of all Flight Operations personnel to support fighter aircraft test, production acceptance, demonstration, and other flights as required.
b. Ensure aircrew currency and proficiency meet required standards and training as prescribed by contractual requirements and internal processes.
c. Responsible for flight safety for fighter aircraft operations. Ensure all aircrew have appropriate training and equipment, attend required aviation safety meetings, and develop/revise/update emergency/mishap response procedures.
d. Coordinate and schedule Flight Operations aircrew support for all production and test flying requirements worldwide.
e. Coordinate daily flight operations with the Government Flight Representative and ensure all flying is conducted under the ground flight risk clause or through insured lease arrangements.
3. Manage in coordination with Aero Chief Test Pilot, DCMA, Production, and Safety all annual or regularly scheduled inspections (i.e. AOI/GFR Surveys) related to Fighter Aircraft programs worldwide.
4. Responsible for the creation, content and annual reviews of all Consolidated Flight Operations Procedures for all fighter aircraft to include Core procedures, aircraft annexes and site supplements.
5. Manage fighter aircraft flight operations dispatchers, tower personnel, and flight equipment support personnel to ensure full support of all flights.
6. Maintain a strong teaming relationship with GFR pilots and other DCMA personnel.
7. Advise and assist Program leadership on all requirements related to fighter operations. This includes any activity from initial quoting and proposal requirements, requirements definition for all activities through testing, training, production and delivery of any program.
8. Actively fly as an F-35 or F-16 test pilot.
Must be a US citizen. This position requires special access and a Secret security clearance updated within the last 5 years to start.
Flight experience of at least 2500 hours total pilot time.
Must have at least 300 hours as aircraft commander in the F-35, F-18, F-16, or F-22.
Must be a graduate of one of the four recognized military test pilot schools.
Current Second Class FAA Medical.
FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate
F-35, F-18, F-16, F-22, and/or T-50 aircraft flight test experience to include both mission systems and flight sciences.
Experience in Functional Check Flight and Production Acceptance.
Civilian and military leadership experience.
Ability to hold a TOP SECRET security clearance.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preferably Engineering or Technical.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Fort Worth Texas
Security Clearance : Top Secret